It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Proof' Jesus was married found on ancient papyrus that mentions how son of God spoke of his wife

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

There is a reason the Bible tells us to test the spirits with the word of God. If it isn't in the Bible. Sorry, cant believe it. Everything worth reading that should be read from a Christian stand point is in the holy bible. Nothing outside of the Bible should be considered as the word of God and should be taken as a grain of salt. If you are a Christian.

Jesus didn't need to procreate. God didn't put him on the Earth to procreate. Jesus already took part in the creation of man. He created us along side God the father (or observed it). I doubt he needed to have sex or desired it simply because ... he made us and tells us we will be married to him during the supper.

Jesus was not weak like a regular man. It is better NOT to be married, however, there is nothing wrong with being married and in fact it is blessed just like those who choose abstinence. It depends on the calling God has for your life.

There is nothing in the Bible suggesting Jesus needed or had sex and produced off spring. That was not Jesus's mission. His entire life was devoted to fulfilling the old covenant and teaching the new covenant.

---------

So in short, the spirit of this ' find ' is not a spirit of God because it fails the test of the word of God. To lust after a woman is a sin. However, the bible tells you, if you cannot control yourself (masturbation and lust) you should be married. So this would be stating that Jesus sinned because you get married to a woman because you love her and you probably cant wait to .. i don't know .. have ' snoo snoo '?

Jesus did not sin once during his entire life in the flesh. This is what made him worthy to be our lord and savior. He is a lamb to the slaughter .. or was rather. His next appearing isn't going to be so gentle.

edit on 19-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
First of all, it's always been known that he had children ... the merovingians claim their line to Jesus and Magdalena.

Second, any paper found on it ... is not to be taken seriously. We know as much, but the likelyhood of finding any scrolls, and usable, more than 2000 years after the fact. Discard it ... anything "reliable" on it, is either kept within the vatican walls, or in the bible ... and that's about it.

edit on 19/9/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I think it's cute that you believe that. More sad, though.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Op, i saw this before my eyes were really adjusted as i had just woken up. Love it!

I cannot wait for more to be uncovered as the Christian of today simply does not have " the rest of the story".

Keep the discoveries coming! Yay!!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
POPE ALEXANDER THE VI IS A CLEAR EXAMPLE OF WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU BORED........

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by CaptainBeno

There is a reason the Bible tells us to test the spirits with the word of God. If it isn't in the Bible. Sorry, cant believe it. Everything worth reading that should be read from a Christian stand point is in the holy bible. Nothing outside of the Bible should be considered as the word of God and should be taken as a grain of salt. If you are a Christian.

Jesus didn't need to procreate. God didn't put him on the Earth to procreate. Jesus already took part in the creation of man. He created us along side God the father (or observed it). I doubt he needed to have sex or desired it simply because ... he made us and tells us we will be married to him during the supper.

Jesus was not weak like a regular man. It is better NOT to be married, however, there is nothing wrong with being married and in fact it is blessed just like those who choose abstinence. It depends on the calling God has for your life.

There is nothing in the Bible suggesting Jesus needed or had sex and produced off spring. That was not Jesus's mission. His entire life was devoted to fulfilling the old covenant and teaching the new covenant.

---------

So in short, the spirit of this ' find ' is not a spirit of God because it fails the test of the word of God. To lust after a woman is a sin. However, the bible tells you, if you cannot control yourself (masturbation and lust) you should be married. So this would be stating that Jesus sinned because you get married to a woman because you love her and you probably cant wait to .. i don't know .. have ' snoo snoo '?

Jesus did not sin once during his entire life in the flesh. This is what made him worthy to be our lord and savior. He is a lamb to the slaughter .. or was rather. His next appearing isn't going to be so gentle.

edit on 19-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Bless it!

I mean no disrespect and hate to be the one to break it to you, but..... You have a lot to learn about Jesus.

This doctrine you hold so true is what has been told to you.

Read the Bible like a book a few times and God will reveal what is hidden in the book you are not taught in church.

Reincarnation is in the Bible many times over. You ate not taught that are you?

Jesus was married, had children!

Jesus was the first Adam, doesn't that tell you something?

The history of Christianity is a tell tell sign that the Word has been tampered with my friend!

You can argue the facts, but they still will be true.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by thektotheg
Still waiting on proof that Jesus was real, let alone his wife...

Why are you waiting? There are thousands of historical documents proving Jesus is real. I guess if you wait then you can claim ignorance? Do you also wait for your food to cook itself?

And I suspect these documents claim he ascended and descended, and woke from the dead ... and all the rest.

It flies in the face of reason ...

So No, they are not documentation of "Jesus" existed ...

The only viable "proof" of Jesus ever existing, is if God himself stepped down and said to the entire world, in his singing voice "Yes, he existed". Anything short of that, is merely historic data of a man existing, that people claim to have done magic.

Without the "magic", he's just a man ... and with the "magic" and without the direct "GOD" corraboration, he's just a myth. Any "connections" between the "myth" and "a man", is fiction.

So, I think we can safely say, that Jesus existance is "unproven".

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

It's unproven in the eyes of a man who doesn't do his due diligence in research.

Research shows he was real, reincarnated many times, lived like we all live with a family.

He just so happened to remember his purpose because he was on a mission, to free the fallen.

From before the first Adam, the last Adam he lived many times.

Historical accounts of his incarnations can be viewed and the parallels are truly astonishing.

Manly P. Hall is one researcher who has given one lecture a week fro sixty years who has done his due diligence.

Google and listen to one his lectures.

The information is out there in knowledge land, just have to seek it and see for yourself what is what.

Believe it or not, once a man sees our history from Atlantis and beyond he becomes familiar with the story because it relates to all of mankind.

Don't believe me..... Seek

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Ah, so a 4cm fragment, discovered in 2012, sheds light on the definitive truth of what happened 2000 years ago. I'm not a Christian but even I have to have reservations about this. Kind of like the dead sea scrolls discovered in 1947, somehow these modern discoveries seem like hoaxes.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

The greatest trick, that satan ever pulled, was convincing the world that he didn't exist. Leaving him free, to continue his slanderous, God-hating, campaign, agaianst ALL of humanity.

Strange, how the inevitability of his destiny, plays no part in his decision-making.

Proof, that hate precludes rationality. Sound like anyone you know?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Research shows he was real, reincarnated many times, lived like we all live with a family.

Well, you are entitled to live in your dilusions ... but pardon me, if I write to my congressman and ask him to make absolutely sure, you are not the teacher of my children.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

He just so happened to remember his purpose because he was on a mission, to free the fallen

According to your interpretation. The OT clearly states who he is, the physical manifestation of God. The reason he is the First and Last is because only One was needed, and because only One was needed it made him not just the First but the Last :shk:.
edit on 19-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Actually, I think you did more to prove he had a wife than this scrap of paper did. I think one of the problems in these discussions is the Bible was written and edited by men over a period of literally thousands of years. You have to be daft to think it's the original story.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wait a second here,

I thought Jesus didn't exist.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Where are all the embassy bombings, killings, riots in light of this information?
Blaspheming the Messiah? No murder and mayhem as a result? Thought all religions were the same?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
fact: marriage is a strictly obligatory precondition for becoming a rabbi, no exceptions, period.

Non-fact.

Further in Jewish law, the European gloss of R. Isserles on the Shulchan Arukh OH 581:1 states that only one who is married may lead the congregation in worship - note that this is the Hazzan/Shaliah Tzibbur and not the Rabbi whose function may only have been to teach.

How does that relate to Rabbis today? Most Rabbis marry. They marry for the companionship and children, but also in doing so they can better understand the dynamics of the family, which they are often called upon to counsel. Most Rabbis are fortunate enough to find an appropriate mate, even in this very complicated world. (Source, emphasis mine.)

From the description in the New Testament, Jesus was clearly a teaching Rabbi, he didn't lead a Synagogue.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by MamaJ

He just so happened to remember his purpose because he was on a mission, to free the fallen

According to your interpretation. The OT clearly states who he is, the physical manifestation of God. The reason he is the First and Last is because only One was needed, and because only One was needed it made him not just the First but the Last :shk:.
edit on 19-9-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

This is an attempt to turn Jesus into the figure of the quran, a mere prophet who married like their prophet.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
First of all, it's always been known that he had children ... the merovingians claim their line to Jesus and Magdalena.

Odd, then, that DNA testing on one in the Merovingian line showed no genetic signs of Middle Eastern descent (Source.)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think the find was interesting but really nothing more beyond that. I'm not sure that this is any huge "bombshell". At the surface it looks as if they found a portion of another gospel that portrays Jesus as having a wife. I don't think that this new find will sway anyone's opinion one way or another.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All this theorizing is fun,
but I have a question.

What if Jesus' descendant(s) are Identified?

How will we treat them?

/sarcasm on

Will the Jesus -ians get their own reality TV show?

/sarcasm off

What I'm really trying to say is that IF Jesus has kids,
they probably know who they are,
and the fact that we don't
means they don't care for us to know who they are.

See what I mean?

Mike Grouchy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join