Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

'Proof' Jesus was married found on ancient papyrus that mentions how son of God spoke of his wife

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I find your comment offensive. Nah jk

But i am offended you didn't star me, cause what I am christain

Well honestly, plenty of people have experience real life situations involving God, angels and J.C. i for one, now honestly you think I am going to divulge any details to you or ats? It is not about senile people finding hope in ancient tales there is plenty truth involve in all faiths in some form or another.

Truth? What is truth? something you see? if that's the case then oxygen doesn't exist. I believe in other dimensions either alien, hellish, or divinely, i know there is a world outside of this universe outside of this universe.
You really think truth is in the math, physics and the food we eat? Honestly, i thought this world was a hologram
discovermagazine.com...
edit on 19-9-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Well honestly, plenty of people have experience real life situations involving God, angels and J.C.

One, conditioning. Two, what they saw took the form of that which would provide the most comfort. Three, an impression can leave three different thoughts with three different people. For instance, Muslims seeing "J.C." Why in the world would they see a man they had believed to represent a "Satanic" nation?

Truth? What is truth? something you see? if that's the case then oxygen doesn't exist. I believe in other dimensions either alien, hellish, or divinely, i know there is a world outside of this universe outside of this universe.
You really think truth is in the math, physics and the food we eat? Honestly, i thought this world was a hologram

I think there is the truth we see, which results from observing the actual truth. Because we cannot grasp the truth in its entirety, we grasp one little facet of the truth, similar to viewing a diamond the size of a sun through a toilet paper roll. You see one piece of one side, and that becomes your truth. Why? Because you aren't aware the rest exists, and even if you did, you wouldn't understand it.

That's what they mean when you ask, "Is this the truth?" and they say, "Yes and no." Yes, it is PART of the truth, and to that extent, it is true. But no, it isn't the complete truth, and therefore not entirely true unless complete. Get what I'm saying?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Well honestly, plenty of people have experience real life situations involving God, angels and J.C.

One, conditioning. Two, what they saw took the form of that which would provide the most comfort. Three, an impression can leave three different thoughts with three different people. For instance, Muslims seeing "J.C." Why in the world would they see a man they had believed to represent a "Satanic" nation?
:

Muslims believe in J.C, honestly.... Its there belief.

I agree with you on truth, truth is complex, but what you are saying is that I basically "dremt" what I saw, or what other people saw. From what i understand you say "what they saw took the form of comfort" meaning, you are hallucinating, dreaming, etc .

This isn't rocket science honestly, its called Christainity
, it happened 2,000 years ago and its being propelled by followers for some reason and it will go on another 2,000 years.

I have a very logical way of thinking myself. Extremely and still believe/know in it

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Can you say right now that you are not dreaming? That you are not a brain in a jar, and the whole world is real only because you believe it to be?

Prove it.

Everyone believes what they want to believe, because they think, "Why be alive if I can't live comfortably? Why live if it isn't worth it to me?" So they fabricate reasons to live, and reasons for other people to live. And then they create direction, and then politics becomes involved because everyone's different, blah blah blah. It's a cycle.

If there is anything we must cater to in life, it's belief. Because in our minds, belief is the only thing worth living for. As long as it's real in our heads, it's real enough, you know? Because that's the place where it's most real...our heads and our hearts, which are interchangeable depending on the country and the topic.
edit on 19-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by MamaJ

Research shows he was real, reincarnated many times, lived like we all live with a family.

Well, you are entitled to live in your dilusions ... but pardon me, if I write to my congressman and ask him to make absolutely sure, you are not the teacher of my children.

Back at ya!!!!

At least your kids would be taught love and not division.

My son in kindergarten was told by another kid he was going to hell if he didnt believe in Satan.

Imagine how my son felt.

You keep your hate religion and keep it away from MY KIDS!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Take it easy there, Mama Bird.

I'm glad to see at least some followers of the Jesus mythos can accept he may have been a mortal teacher instead of a divine prophet, the latter of which is believed a necessary prerequisite to consider him the Son of "God".

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No sorry you are full of it.
Jesus being married to Mary Magdalene makes perfect sense. After all the teaching of Christ is the Holy FAMILY....
I am tired of people projecting Jesus as gay. That's a ridiculous and outrageous agenda.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

did you guys really think this is news? been talked about for decades. its the alternative real truth of jesus and gnosticism roots

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I'm glad to see at least some followers of the Jesus mythos can accept he may have been a mortal teacher instead of a divine prophet, the latter of which is believed a necessary prerequisite to consider him the Son of "God".

Yes, it makes sense to me and I've heard the theory before. It makes way more sense than all the magical stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

"Rabbon" which meant "Great Master" or "Rabboni" meaning "My Great Master" was the greatest designation of all. It is properly pronounced (Rahbonee). Once the teacher had seen two generations of disciples he was referred to with this title, and also called by his own name so that he would not be forgotten.

www.bible-history.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
just because it's written down, doesn't mean it's true

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

...dude, you trippin'.

Whatever gave you the impression that Jesus was gay? Now THAT is the ultimate blaspheme.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I think you still misunderstand, as most do.

Jesus was Divine as he accepted the Divinity of God within and said God was his father. He established his relationship to God as the Son, but also went by the reference Son of MAN, which means he is both the Son of God and Son of Man. He is the Incarnation, and this is why people who believe in reincarnation get frustrated when people do not understand that we all have this opportunity to become the fullness of our own Divine Potential as Sons and Daughters of God. Perhaps the entire concept of the Immaculate Conception has been misunderstand by generations because the truth has been obscured.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I misunderstand? There is no doubt in my mind that I misunderstand it, to some extent. We all do. Some of us would rather pretend we misunderstand less than others, however, as it makes us feel comfortable to live as though we have it all figured out, and we'd feel crummy if we admitted that we know as little at the petty thief standing next to us.

It's all about comfort. That's all we look for now, in the truth. Comfort.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You do seem to emphasize the quality of comfort. I can say that childbirth is anything but a comfortable experience and many women have died in childbirth, and that is the way children are born. I think the Church tried to portray Jesus as separate from the rest of us, and even Mary as being pregnant without having actual intercourse because it separated them from the rest of us. That way the Church could still control the masses by keeping the truth from them and dominating them as poor miserable sinners. The Church and the Popes kept for themselves special status as Vicar of Christ to maintain that control over the unwashed and uneducated masses.

Strikingly, although Mary was presented as having become pregnant by means other than intercourse, Jesus still had to grow in her belly the same way all pre born children are and she still had to give birth by the old fashioned labor way. The Church apparently didn't think to cover up a physical childbirth experience while portraying all this magical stuff.
edit on 19-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That's not proof. It's evidence. I'm sure they had a saying back then too:

"It's written on a scroll so it must be true."

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You do seem to emphasize the quality of comfort.

That's because, in an age where it's just so easy to lie to us (considering we're so far in debt, a few hundred thousand every year to convince the media to keep its mouth shut doesn't make a lot of difference) it comes down to "which lie is easiest to stomach?" And we go from there. That's not my philosophy, that's societal philosophy. There's fluctuations, but all in all, it's a pretty constant blanket.

The Church apparently didn't think to cover up a physical childbirth experience while portraying all this magical stuff.

They had literature standards to uphold. Of course it's unseemly to portray a birthing woman.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I thought Jesus was Horus from ancient Egypt, many moons before the middle east Jesus? Good lord...erm, I mean, good Horus.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Oh you mean the path of least resistance? Got ya

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Whoa! Sorry for not replying guys, have had a "few" computer issues. I will read your replies (many many thanks). Thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join