It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wins right to indefinitely detain Americans under NDAA - Muslim Rage Distraction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
32 flags

& 25 Stars...

why isn't this being flagged to Jupiter and back .. I sincerly HOPE & PRAY this is not a attitude of things to come..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Josh Gerstein, a reporter with Politico, reported on the stay late Monday and acknowledged that both Forrest and Lohier were appointed to the court by President Obama.

SOURCE

All of these scumbag traitors should have the citizenship revoked and send them to China and let them live under threat of a communist government that they want America to become.

edit on 18/9/12 by spirit_horse because: typo

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by stdscf12

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Don't bother leaving your house. Someone will be by shortly. We're taking you to a "camp".

Camp Friendly-Nice.

I get a free "Obama 2012" bumper sticker for turnng you in.

4 more people and I get extra rations of government cheese.

I turn in 10 people and I get tube socks!

I'm waiting for the t shirt.
Even if the whole American population knew about this, I don't think it would do any good. Too many think "It's only for terrorists, they'd never use it on US".
By the time it's realized they will, it'll be too late.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Lots of us talking about it. Have been fighting it. Unfortunately every President has had these emergency and war act powers. Right now you say the Muslim thing is a distraction from this...it is the REASON for it. When we were attacked on 911 and went to war in the Middle East against Afghanistan the brass thought they might have to sequester every Muslim, American citizen or not. This rioting and bombing continues and they might have to round up every Muslim regardless of age, citizenship or gender...It is unfortunate, but seeing what is happening in Afghanistan shows that Muslims cannot be trusted to be loyal to anyone or anything but their Imams and Ayatollahs. If they start to riot here, they will be interred just like the Japanese in WWII and the Germans in WWI.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

What's hilarious to me is that you all think Obama is doing this! Those camps were secretly built and in use during the entire Bush Administration. This isn't about Dems and Repubes. Obama doesn't want to put you in a camp...but Karl Rove and the Koch bros. want you in there, and enslaved! You guys are WAY on the wrong side. This is CORPOCRACY at work. Has nothing to do with Obama except he's keeping you out of the camps. You get Romney in there and you will have a ticket to ride. But you know for damned sure that if we go to war with Iran or back to Syria, etc. Muslims will be interred.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

HAHA!

I bet people still vote for this crook as well. What a #ed up society we live in. Might as well party like everyone else. No sense in dwelling on the bad news.

Gonna get interesting soon.

Change we can believe in!

Is it time to stop voting and start our own society yet? "deems terrorist words" dddeerrrpp

.sleep
edit on 19-9-2012 by Deezi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
So are we terrorists for speaking our minds and asking questions?

I think it's going in that direction.

I saw videos of chinese protesters today and it blew my mind. I didn't know they were allowed to protest.It looks like they have more freedom than we do.

Something is so #ed up right now but I just can't put my finger on it. Anybody else feel that way?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

YEAH!! more stars and flags will save us!

Seriously people..

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Fascinating.

This whole article flies in the face of one I read a couple of days ago, which was saying how Clever Obama had been to make sure indefinite detention would be scrapped, and that the way he had played it there would be no chance of any appeal, or on fact having it imposed on the US

What we are looking at here is a strategic maneuver by the President to strip away these provisions. The USA PATRIOT act put them where the courts could not easily touch them, so he worked hard to make sure that they were attached to the NDAA in just the right way to open up the door. He cut a deal to get certain judges in on certain dates, which put a judge he selected in to the correct court at just the right time for the NDAA signature. Then, he gave a strong enough defense to make sure that Congress could not go after him for failing to do his job as President, but not strong enough to drag out the case. Then the administration prematurely executed their appeal, ensuring that getting another appeal opportunity would be more difficult, and even then it would not be in the hands of any successor.

Source

But now this new article blames Obama for overturning the ruling which Obama was credited with. I am seriously confused by all this.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deezi
reply to post by Komodo

YEAH!! more stars and flags will save us!

Seriously people..

yes....

Flags to increse awareness...and hopefully promote more reseach and confirmations & Stars to give credit where credit is due...

oh ... and welcome to ATS...

seriously .. !

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I don't care if you're an American Citizen or a citizen of any other country, NO government or Agency should be legally granted the 'right' to detain and imprison ANYONE indefinitely without a fair trial and due process. I do not care what the crime that committed was. There is a reason we have our judicial system, and this basically makes the reasoning behind it null and void. It is a shame the kinds of shenanigan's that our government is pulling on us, right under our noses, and without our approval or consent, just because they found some loophole that will allow what they want to become reality.

I really hope that one day we can all be free, and we can live by our constitution without worrying about what loophole some corrupt politician is going to find to use against us.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stdscf12
Doesn't this just blow your mind?!?!?! How is this possible? Why is nobody talking about this? This is the blatant definition of unconstitutional. After a judge said parts of the bill didn't pass "Constitutional Muster" the White House appeals the ruling an is overturned within a day!!!! Anybody else think this whole "Muslim Rage" is a great distraction from this??? I'm really surprised this is not posted already. Did I miss this???

after 9/11 nothing "blows my mind" let alone the Manchurian candidate we have in office, why is nobody talking about it? heh same reason they were not talking about it the FIRST time he signed it lol, 75% this country is brain dead well maybe 50%. and the msn is owned by the same people that put him into office in first place heh. distraction, lol he could sign it in broad daylight, under a spotlight, with 350 million people watching him sign it, you know what will be on news next day, which kardashian got a boob job, welcome to amerika
edit on 19-9-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You guys are really surprised by this?

This is the kinda stuff that happens when Goldman Sachs is your government.

And stop putting all of the blame on Obama, blame every congress member who voted yes on it as well. Oh and guess what, Romney loves the NDAA provisions too.

So everyone stop pretending like this is all about Obama and stop lying to yourselves
edit on 19-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I doesnt matter what president is in office. He doesnt have anything to say anyway. Mccain would have done the same thing. We need to realise that its NOT the president, he is just the puppet. We need to get the puppetmasters!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Oh but we are at war. One other despicable thing that the NDAA achieved was redefining the battle field (The War on Terror) to include America. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but didn't Obama's signing statement, that he attached to the Bill, run along the lines of he wasn't comfortable with the provisions that allowed for the indefinite detention of Americans and he promised his administration would never make use of those provisions? Logic dictates that this Judge (the one who ruled the provisions unconstitutional) did him a favor then, right? So why is he fighting it?

edit on 19-9-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Pray that enough people WRITE IN RON PAUL.
reply to post by gladtobehere

Like you, I will be writing in Ron Paul's name. However, I know full well that he will not get elected. However, if he gets enough votes to have changed the election, then PERHAPS, just perhaps, the Republicrat party will make changes next time around. Of course, the only party that would do that if it changed the election, is the one that lost. However, that would be a start. Notice, however, with the tentative words that I have used, that I really don't expect those scenarios to happen, but we have to keep trying. I have slowly been coming to the conclusion that peaceful solutions to our nation's problems will not work, because the PTB have too much control. It's sad, because I know that blood rarely solves problems, but there was an exception, namely the American revolt against Britain. We can only hope......

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Believe it or not, there is a silver lining around this particularly black cloud.

Under the provisions of the NDAA, the military has the right to detain and imprison any American citizen without any "due process" whatsoever. Think about this for just one second. It is truly a double edged sword.

All that is required for the re-establishment of our Constitutional Republic is for enough of our military to come to the realization that our true enemies are those who currently and formerly have illegally usurped power in America. Since those persons are American citizens (with the possible exception of our current POTUS) all that is required is for the brass hats in the Pentagon to grow a pair and honor their oaths of office. When that happens we will see a noticible absence of politicians in Washington DC and those FEMA camps can be put to good use.

Admittedly it's a long shot, but then so were the odds against a rag-tag bunch of farmers defeating the worlds most advanced military in the late 1700's!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It will be a moot point under a future state of Martial Law. What needs to happen is a law of the land passed that guarantees the sanctity of the constitution and the concomitant rights of citizens even under a state of martial law (where the judicial process is taken over by the military). The right to speak out and bear arms (assuming you are not a terrorist or mentally ill) need not be sacrificed under a condition of martial law otherwise such a condition is tantamont to a defacto coup.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The right to speak out and bear arms (assuming you are not a terrorist or mentally ill)
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I agree with you, and have given your post a star. However, realize that the parenthetical phase you added, is what the PTB use. It was done in just about every dictatorship on earth, namely to have some doctor declare those that oppose the regime to be mentally ill, and have them committed. This was, and still is, a very common way to eliminate any opposition, namely declare them mentally insane, and lock them in an insane asylum, and throw away the key.

n the Soviet Union, systematic political abuse of psychiatry took place.[1][2][3]:406[4][5][6]:19[7]:47[8]:293[9][10]:66[11]:490[12]:52 Soviet psychiatric hospitals known as "psikhushkas" were used by the authorities as prisons in order to isolate hundreds or thousands of political prisoners from the rest of society, discredit their ideas, and break them physically and mentally.[13] This method was also employed against religious prisoners and most especially against well-educated former atheists who adopted a religion. In such cases their religious faith was determined to be a form of mental illness that needed to be cured.[14] Formerly highly classified extant documents from "Special file" of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union published after the dissolution of the Soviet Union demonstrate that the authorities of the country quite consciously used psychiatry as a tool to suppress dissent.[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

all that is required is for the brass hats in the Pentagon to grow a pair and honor their oaths of office.

Why would they when they benefit the most from the status quo? Soldiers on the other hand are a different story, I feel comfortable putting some faith in them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join