It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Daily: We Are Not Alone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is actually two separate stories -- exobiology [microbes] and a Hong Kong UFO club.

Simon Parry from the "China - Science/tech" page
www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Space exploration has become a national priority for China ¬- and a Hong Kong scientist appointed to an international body searching for alien life says he is confident many of us will live to see the first evidence of extra-terrestrial life.

As space exploration becomes an increasingly hot topic, the Hong Kong UFO Club has seen its membership grow from around 150 a decade ago to some 2,500 today, including its Facebook followers.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

The thread title is a bit misleading, I came in expecting some kind of disclosure.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah I was also expecting some disclosure from China's Newspaper also. I would have to agree with the poster above, the Title is indeed very misleading.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'll third the above comments
Feel very let down now

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Fourth, got my heart racing then

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Misleading? Well, click on the link. What you see is a story in China Daily titled "We are not alone."

It looks like an example of common practice in starting threads, even though the article itself doesn't live up to its title, which is often the case. What's next, a story claiming the Russians have been hiding a 3,000-year supply of diamonds?

edit on 18-9-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Change the title -.-
Had me like "Omg finally some proof "lol

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
China and Hong Kong aren't the same thing.

Britain may have given Hong Kong back to China....but the people of Hong Kong don't want to belong to China.

Hong Kong IS alone. Brainwashed by England. They might as well be on another planet....they don't know which country they belong to.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Oh man totally expecting something different than the title. The old bait and switch thread type.
sigh...oh well.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Geez JimO....not winning any friends in this thread either. LOL.

You can't win for losing it seems. Most of your activity here is as a skeptic. Then you post something that is unskeptical, and get lambasted for that, too.

Not often I feel compassion for the way ATS treats you. Guess we should mark this day on a calendar. When we gonna see you on TV again?

ETA: guess i should clarify, i don't dislike Jim in the least. I am very glad to have him here. Just that we have starkly differing viewpoints.
edit on 18-9-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Really people? Give the guy a break! This title is actually tame compared to most I've seen about Aliens. Not a week goes by that I don't see a topic like "Proof of Aliens Among Us" or "Alien Fleet Coming From a Moon Base" or "Secret War with Aliens Revealed" or "Proof of Reptilian Species in Government," etc... So the topic "China Daily: We Are Not Alone" excites your sensibilities beyond all repair, does it... Really???

You must not get on this site much!

And as someone else noted, don't blame the OP for the topic's title. He was simply following posting guidelines. In other words, don't shoot the messenger!

Normally I'd have not said anything about your discontent, but I was just really surprised at the number of people who clicked on the link thinking that this was finally the Alien disclosure they'd been waiting for all their lives!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
ETA: guess i should clarify, i don't dislike Jim in the least. I am very glad to have him here. Just that we have starkly differing viewpoints.

It doesn't matter if we reach different conclusions if we agree on productive actions for investigation -- and I think, for the most part, most of us do,.Because we all [mostly] don't believe we understand this mysterious phenomenon as much as we really ought to.

Re the title: yeah, I should have put it in quotes so it looked like the actual headline, which it was, rather than a statement of fact. that was sloppy, and I apologize.
edit on 18-9-2012 by JimOberg because: add mea culpa

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

It doesn't matter if we reach different conclusions if we agree on productive actions for investigation -- and I think, for the most part, most of us do,.Because we all [mostly] don't believe we understand this mysterious phenomenon as much as we really ought to.

What a great statement. I wish we heard this type of thinking from more people related to official channels.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It is all lies, China's people have been into UFology long before the west. It is such a hot topic but as you know the gov does not want people to discover what they already know, cover ups and conspiracies are not exclusive to the US and the Western States.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

There is no mysterious phenomenon. All is a lie in the name of military test projects and the secrecy is done for natural security especially with the potential events that can lead to the World War 3 because there will be one for sure.., no Star Trek technology is involved. I thought a hardcore skeptic should have known this better than a 'believer' as they like to call me which I am not....

If life exists out there, humanity won't learn about it in the next 1-2 centuries. Those scientists who say 'I would be surprised if we didn't find life by 2030' are FOOLS
edit on 18-9-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Misleading? Well, click on the link. What you see is a story in China Daily titled "We are not alone."

It looks like an example of common practice in starting threads, even though the article itself doesn't live up to its title, which is often the case. What's next, a story claiming the Russians have been hiding a 3,000-year supply of diamonds?

edit on 18-9-2012 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

Oh wait that is true.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
If life exists out there, humanity won't learn about it in the next 1-2 centuries....

Ok, what!? There is no mysterious phenomenon, but IF there were, you'd know when we'd learn about it? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

Go to 1st grade reading, then come back. I said there is no mysterious phenomenon, the military make it look as if there is. Away from this, if life were found at all, it wouldn't be earlier than a century or two pass. This is minum. maximum may be longer, it's called ESTIMATE based on technological progress. Phool
edit on 18-9-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
and then...................sadness.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Re the title: yeah, I should have put it in quotes so it looked like the actual headline, which it was, rather than a statement of fact. that was sloppy, and I apologize.
edit on 18-9-2012 by JimOberg because: add mea culpa

But if the object of investigation is an unknown, then it doesn't really matter what conclusions are reached for there is nothing to cement the various conclusions into one meaningful conclusion. No one understands UFOs (if that is the mysterious phenomenon) and there is nothing to guide us to understand them. They are seen, photographed, filmed, videographed, in all of their variety. Humans are easy to understand because that is the only species on earth and we have similar equipment to understand what humans are. We still don't know how we originate aside from the sexual act.

In your case, Oberg, it would be more acceptable if you were to go on record as to your acceptance or disacceptance of UFOs without going overboard into what they are or where they're from and why such a large variety of "craft".

top topics

join