It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney has no plan to fix the economy. He says if he wins it will boost itself. But he says he may b

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

source

I guess then this would be the blind teaching the blind.

Here's a question, how do you support Obama's desire to INDEFINITELY detain US citizens?

Answer: Since I have not heard Romney state he opposes it or would do anything different it does not influence my vote.
Nice attempt at a deflection though.

edit on 19-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Sounds like Romney is the SAVIOR...

All along certain people were insisting it was Obama.

Who would have thunk it?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I can't see videos. I have seen a lot of gaffe and flip flop claims, I have yet to see muchin the way of actual flip flopping. You know, like when Obama told one group the Cuban embargo was a failed policy and had to end, and then told Cuban Americans the embargo was an important inducement for change and had to stay.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It is all based on supply and demand.
If demand does not go up, neither will supply, and consequently jobs either.

Demand needs to be supported with people that have money to spend.

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by wascurious

Romney did not say it was magic nor did he say it would happen overnight. I love how you twist things and do not respong to hard facts and numbers.
FACT: Companies have record amounts of cash
FACT: They are not creating jobs.

Obama creates uncertain economic climates, remove the uncertainty and businesses will START the process of healing the economy. No faeries. No Magic. No instant gratification.

It will take time, but right now we are trending in the wrong direction. 384,000 people stopped looking for work last month. More obama business as usual.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

If by savior you mean he has a better chance than the near 0% chance Obama has of fixing our problems, the I suppose he is. Let me fill you in. Presidents can rarely help the economy, but they can destroy it. The best thing a President can do is get out of the way, limit regulation, and allow the economy to do its thing as much as possible. Only step in when necessary.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

Romney did not say it was magic nor did he say it would happen overnight. I love how you twist things and do not respong to hard facts and numbers.

Obama creates uncertain economic climates, remove the uncertainty and businesses will START the process of healing the economy. No faeries. No Magic. No instant gratification.

It will take time, but right now we are trending in the wrong direction. 384,000 people stopped looking for work last month. More obama business as usual.

Last I checked more jobs means more money to spend which means more demand, which becomes a self perpetuating cycle. As I already posted, businesses have a HUGE hoard of cash on hand to create jobs. They have not done so because they have no idea what Obama is going to do and need cash to shield themselves. Get rid of that fear, and the money can start flowing.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why would I create more jobs when it not only cuts into my profits, but also there is no increased demand?
The company I work for will not hire anyone unless it is busy enough and warrants it.

Last I checked more jobs means more money to spend which means more demand, which becomes a self perpetuating cycle. As I already posted, businesses have a HUGE hoard of cash on hand to create jobs. They have not done so because they have no idea what Obama is going to do and need cash to shield themselves. Get rid of that fear, and the money can start flowing.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

If by savior you mean he has a better chance than the near 0% chance Obama has of fixing our problems, the I suppose he is. Let me fill you in. Presidents can rarely help the economy, but they can destroy it. The best thing a President can do is get out of the way, limit regulation, and allow the economy to do its thing as much as possible. Only step in when necessary.
'

unemployment, based upon the metrics that were used in 2008, is only 0.5% away from reversing
from its lowest point...

There have been 2 and a half years of positive job growth and exports are up 30% -

Once the economy picks up in 2014 which is what all economists seem to expect,
Obama is gonna look like a legend.

The reason???

Because all of you have spent so much social capital trying to make him look horrible.

Conservatives are gonna be in the bushes for a decade when this happens, it is a
very risky political calculation to put all you stock in the hatred of one man.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Classic film plot line.

Mitt is supposed to take a dive in round 4 of the fight...

but he is taking dive in the first.

LOL. As opposed to having 4 years in the white house to prove he couldnt! What a gas! Hows that "trickle down" stimulus working out for everybody? Now they want more....taxes likem a drug fix. At lest Mitts not saying he as pres can just wave a majic wand.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I can't see videos. I have seen a lot of gaffe and flip flop claims, I have yet to see muchin the way of actual flip flopping.

Then I suggest you go to the library (You know one of those things taxes pay for) and watch the videos.

When you go there watch this video it completely destroys your argument that government can’t create jobs.

edit on 19-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Classic film plot line.

LOL. As opposed to having 4 years in the white house to prove he couldnt! What a gas! Hows that "trickle down" stimulus working out for everybody? Now they want more....taxes likem a drug fix. At lest Mitts not saying he as pres can just wave a majic wand.

When Obama has 4 more and the economy revs up, it is going to explode many heads.

Watch your head

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Haha, want to know why unemployment LOOKS so low? Because people quit looking!!!

'Discouraged' is not just a state of mind. It's an official term the Labor Department uses to describe the 844,000 people who last month had given up on trying to find a job because they didn't think there was anything out there for them.

www.npr.org...
That is more than DOUBLE the number from 2008.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Haha, want to know why unemployment LOOKS so low? Because people quit looking!!!

'Discouraged' is not just a state of mind. It's an official term the Labor Department uses to describe the 844,000 people who last month had given up on trying to find a job because they didn't think there was anything out there for them.

www.npr.org...

The point is... If Obama remains in office and economy picks up, the GOP and friends are gonna
be in one hell of political situation.

You keep telling yourself that the economy is recessing, you guys are gonna be owned by your
own pessimistic rhetoric.

link   
C'mon PEOPLE!!! I will TELL you how Romney intends to boost our economy!!! Its SIMPLE. His little plan is...

...WEARING HIS MAGIC UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Thats how!!!!

Now, isnt that REASSURING??!!!

link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Classic film plot line.

When Obama has 4 more and the economy revs up, it is going to explode many heads.

Watch your head

Yep, and we dont even know how hes going to do it......just believe.......just believe......its a sort of mystic mountain economic recovery......cant tell you about it now......just wait untill that head explodes

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Classic film plot line.

Watch your head

Yep, and we dont even know how hes going to do it......just believe.......just believe......its a sort of mystic mountain economic recovery......cant tell you about it now......just wait untill that head explodes

yup, things stay exactly the same for 1,400 days. Plus there has been no improvement in the
last 1,400 days, we are still losing 750,000 jobs a month and the DOW is at 7,300

the entire US economy is dependent upon Obama

edit on 19-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

www.npr.org...

The point is... If Obama remains in office and economy picks up, the GOP and friends are gonna
be in one hell of political situation.

You keep telling yourself that the economy is recessing, you guys are gonna be owned by your
own pessimistic rhetoric.

Well they do intend to eat the rich......and this is never good. But, I see the extent of your economic understanding is like rolling dice or something.

As someone said.....the POTUS has little effect on the economy but some will lead you to understand they do. At least Mitt isnt talking a bunch of trash about Him saving the economy. Obama has just promised that he will amintain the gray train, eat the rich, and drive around town tossing gold coin to the unwashed masses.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Why would I as a business owner create job here in America, when I can get a better ROI by creating a job in China, and have the product or service exported to here since American workers are to expensive?
Why would I as a consumer and American Worker with wages deflating buy stuff from China when my priorities are now on the ever rising costs of fuel, food, medical, auto and mortgage?

Romney is not part of the solution, but part of the problem where he relies on cheap overseas labor, just as Obama is part of the problem where he bails out the Wall Street Banks tha keep housing inflated.

Do any presidents have a plan to tackle the ever increasing costs in housing, food, fuel and medical?

Since Romney is another Wall Street puppet, why should I believe in will not do the same thing in propping up Wall Street at Americans' expense?

No nation ever got rich from being consumers and spender, but from being producers and savers.
Do any presidents have a plan to reverse this?

edit on 19-9-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't remember Obama giving any details for his plan of dope and change, so to be fair, they are both lying scum politicians.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

...just as Obama is part of the problem where he bails out the Wall Street Banks tha keep housing inflated.

I don't remember Obama being President on October 3, 2008.

edit on 19-9-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join