It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abductee support group thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Of course they're real. I've seen them several times in my life and I don't even look for them. There's no point in trying to discuss these things with people who prefer to keep their minds shut about such things. You know what you know through experience. People without such experiences can only comprehend what their minds will allow. They deny in order to protect their fragile belief systems. Don't worry about it.

I use this analogy occasionally to illustrate what I mean. My son has a fair degree of red-green colorblindness. He cannot see the color pink at all. He understands that the color pink exists because others say so, because they can experience that color. He, with his physical limitation, cannot. The difference is that his mind allows him to understand that it does, in fact, exist.

Detractors of the paranormal and its experiencers cannot comprehend their own limitations, be they physical, mental, or emotional.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I understand the colour blindless analogy. I have perfect hearing but they found at one particular frequency i have a dead zone. Its very possible some people have a perceptive dead zone to Ufos

Wow something just occured to me. Thinks for a second about people who have anomalous dead zones in their 5 senses, and even way of thinking. Mabey Ufos are able to apply energy to people to stealth against all their senses, but i fails on people who have dead zones. The dead zones in their senses and thinking pattern allows them a window through which to see the ufos.

edit on 18-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

It's funny you say that. My friend just saw her first UFO ever just a couple of weeks ago. She was with a group of very close friends on a boat in the Gulf of Finland. Two saw it, two didn't. Not that they didn't *interpret* it the same way: The ones who couldn't see it simply couldn't see what the other two saw *at all*. When they went ashore, it was still out there and two girls on a scooter rode up. One was trying hard to point it out to the other, but to no avail. She simply couldn't see the red light.

Gives one pause, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
duplicate post.
edit on 18/9/2012 by CosmicEgg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Think about this one also. A deep sleep induces a natural dead zone in consciouness. The brain could be operating like a radar scope and by chance or a particular quirk in someones brain percieve directly the alien intelligence, like a Tv picking up a channel. The pyscological study therefore doesnt prove alien abduction isnt real, it simply proves the existance of the dead zone of perception.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stimpy

Absolutely true. And as I said, I can't be of much help because I don't remember our little ride in the rocket ship. My sister recalls it to this day, she being younger then, perhaps they didn't wipe out her memory. I felt even at the time that *something* had happened because we were so late going home for lunch. I have a vague memory of us being a bit too high up in a tree when we were found, but we got down easily enough. My sister was 2½ or 3 and I was about 5, I guess. Too young for making up rocket ship tales. My sister talked about all manner of stuff that was entirely inappropriate for a toddler in the 60s. We hadn't even gone to the moon yet, at that point.

There was nothing frightening about them, according to my sister's reports. I have never felt any fear or disgust at their presence and confess here to having seen them on occasion over the past few years - not on a ship but rather just...around. They are here and probably have been for as long as we have.

I wonder if the fear of them makes the abductions worse for some than for others or if there are just such differences in the events that transpire that make some so hellish.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by Druscilla

This thread is in *support* of abductees. Which part of that concept is incomprehensible to you? Support does not mean to cast aspersions upon nor to attempt to invalidate one's personal experience. This is for abductees or those who believe they are to discuss their cases. As the OP states - and this is directed particularly at what you are doing on this thread - : "I know this is a open forum , but to all the skeptics and people who want to argue , thats not the point, as technically we are talking about something to which doesnt exist."

So use your training and back off. It is out of place specifically here, and as it was, by your own confession, reposted from another thread, you may respectfully withdraw from this thread. It is specifically your approach that is unwanted. Is that fairly clear? If not, read the OP again, and then consider the aim vs your response. See the conflict? If not, you probably need to reexamine your "professional" attitude.

In other words, you only want to hear what you WANT to hear.
Got ya.
I understand that.
If someone, anyone comes along that has something to say that might offend your sensitivities and biases, then, you're certainly free to stop reading, to self censor, the moment you realize the material you're reading is personally offensive to you.

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Ufos are real, I have seen one close enough to know how real they are. I wasnt asleep i was wide awake outside at night, and actually walking my dog. I know what i saw!!!!!!!

That's all very nice and good, but, in consideration that such a claim is not supported by solid documentation vetted, crash tested, and confirmed by accredited professionals, all we have is your anonymous internet word for it.
You're more than entitled to your belief. I don't discount you think you know what you thought you saw.
Good for you.

Please don't discount a wealth of studies conducted over decades covering thousands of subjects done by a large number of accredited, experienced, qualified professional researchers in their fields of concentration showing results that are verified, retested, replicated, confirmed, and validated by their peers

Now, regarding the topic, It would sure be nice if the people that keep popping up attacking ME, claiming that I'm off topic, would actually stick to the topic, and discuss the topic, as I did in my first post, instead of discussing ME.

If you disagree with points I politely made in my first post, address those points please, not ME.

I have not once said that there is not a possibility for real aliens.
I have simply stated that the MAJORITY of space alien contact experiences can be attributed to and even replicated under controlled artificial lab conditions as Psychological Phenomenon.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

That's all very nice and good, but, in consideration that such a claim is not supported by solid documentation vetted, crash tested, and confirmed by accredited professionals, all we have is your anonymous internet word for it.

Anytime i see someone throw in the confirm by accredited professionals statememt i know they dont know what they are talking about. Its a bogus statement that is meaningless to me and many others. I'll say again I know what """I""" saw!!!!

If you disagree with points I politely made in my first post, address those points please, not ME.

I am certain about one thing, they will never abduct Druscilla

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I suppose all those victims of claimed abduction that complain, telling tear drenched stories about rape, painful medical proceedings, forced pregnancy, and repeated rape, abuse, abduction, and painful experimentation; people that beg with everything they have to beg with to make the horror stop happening will be happy to know that by being more like me, all of it can stop.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I suppose all those victims of claimed abduction that complain, telling tear drenched stories about rape, painful medical proceedings, forced pregnancy, and repeated rape, abuse, abduction, and painful experimentation; people that beg with everything they have to beg with to make the horror stop happening will be happy to know that by being more like me, all of it can stop.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

So what you saying people who are caustic and narrow minded cant be abducted by Ufos?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stimpy
Kidding with the title, i am a abductee and during my experience you go through phases, and im long past trying to tell my story to 'convince' someone. Im more trying to find some people to chat with that has had a encounter like mine.
So anyone think aliens and the afterlife are somehow connected? Like does anyone else think abductions and near death experiences are very simalar ?
If your a abductee and feel this is a possibility please chime in.With your thoughts.
I know this is a open forum , but to all the skeptics and people who want to argue , thats not the point, as technically we are talking about something to which doesnt exist.

It's possible that it seemed like an abduction, but what it could have been more likely is a demon possession. So the demon possesses your body. then at that moment it can make you halusinate to think you see and feel anything it wants. So it puts you threw what seems like a full blow alien abduction, complete with little green men. So then after you believe aliens are real but have no idea that infact they're just demons.

Question, did you or any of you close relatives ever dabble in the occult in anyway? I'm just wondering, because if they did this actually could have opened the door and triggered the possession.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

This is a good example of how youtube is doing no one any favors. You watch a vid that was posted on another thread by some bible-thumper and you want to call direct experience into question. Seriously? Do you really consider a Baptist preacher to be an authority on these things...on anything? Come on... Please, this is for discussion of experiencers. Read the thread. It's not for calling stuff into question. We all know what we know.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Okay, here's perhaps a lead we can make that be half way between the approach originally intended, and that which Driscilla would like to delve into....

Let's look at the problem of epistemology- what is knowledge?
We might all have different notions of that.

One of the biggest hurdles I ran into and what caused me the most torment (for I was not raped, or physically tortured, or that stuff),
was my minds inability to put into context my experience.

Movies like to paint abduction experiences as something that happens in this foggy, out of focus, dreamlike state... and sometimes they are. But when they are very REAL- I mean as real as this pen on my desk in front of me, as real as the breakfast I had this morning, the little conversation I had with the cashier at the grocery store a couple of hours ago.... no fuzziness. Then, your brain throws a fit and can't put it down!

The dreamy ones, they are no problem unless you choose to let them be- easy to write them off with various explanations- dreams, sleep paralysis.... but those daylight clear and solid ones cause a sort of fuse to blow in the mind as it tries to frame and interpret this into what you understand is possible and what isn't.

The real trauma was this- IF those experiences were simply hallucination, products of my imagination,
then that means anything and everything I experience in life could be. Because the sensual information was just as clear and intense.

I don't know if anyone who hasn't experienced this can even understand the earthshaking realization of that, and why it should probably not be forced upon anyone until they are ready to have the ground swept out from under them completely.

Suddenly finding out all your childhood memories are unreliable, the people you think exist as your family and friends might not exist, this computer you think you see and touch might not exist, you know NOTHING.
That is a jump off a cliff that is both freeing and a huge step in awareness,
but can also be the one that sends you into a tailspin of depression, and various problems that tend to go with that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
part of the problem with people accepting abductions, encounters, what have you is that, as an outsider looking in, it would be absolutely shattering to one's reality; all bets would be off. i have seen this again and again, where those who protest too much do so for a reason--and not the one they think it is ::rolleyes::

getting back to the topic, if that is cool
, i am going to answer real briefly, absolutely not, op, and i will tell you why. these guys are real clever(or they think they are)and go into your head, pull out a few things...mess with you, to give you the illusion of something that will be 'enlightening' while they are doing something else...surely you have heard of screen imagery? especially when they use dead loved ones, this is a big red flag..they are diverting you from whatever it is they are really doing...the little site in my sig has a good article about it, i urge you to check it out..

you know, it is sad, but in all my research, i have found very little actual 'abductee suppport'
most groups subscribe to some sort of psuedo savior in the form of the aliens--if you can't beat em, join em i guess::rolleyes:: very sad, because to truly understand the phenomena, we have to look at all aspects, everything from the animal mutilations and deaths to the abductions and encounters with the children..see the whole picture and not just the possibly benign(from what one remembers)experience that occurred...to do this, we have to constantly share with each other and not be afraid of those who want to 'mess with the threads'..or go to another, more private forum where it is not allowed. then we can put out the information and see what similarities there are..try to figure out what is really going on ::thumbs::

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ATS will never be a place to have out of the box conversations about abductions or contact. This is the grey area and I had hopes it would be a place for people to share who were experiences. There were a few other places that not only shared but even had some with inside knowledge contributing, about some of the black op things here.

Alas, if you ever place a thread for experiencers, the skeptics come on and monopolize the thread, and the experiencers tend to say, NO WAY. Wrong thread, wrong forum.

I speak up because I like poking them with sticks and find Murder Incorporated running this world Unbearable. Never will let them do it. Never allow suppression to take place. But sailing in and sailing out of a thread, then avoiding it, isnt the same as having people who experiencing something, bouncing ideas off each other. Sometimes someone says just the right thing in a good discussion, that is like a key, that can unlock another part of your memory, or just connect the dots on things that didn't make sense before and you've put up on the shelf, waiting for more information.

The problem with the big names in ufology is, while some of them have an energy signature on them, and have some very useful information, you have wade through all the military propaganda and distortions that are deliberately put in there, so if you listen to Steven Greer or Alex Collier for example, its a completely mixed bag of ufology.

Anyway, this is just another thread hijacked.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
No one wants to spend time reinventing the wheel, over and over, debating with experiencers, does ET exist, is it real? Maybe skeptics delight in suppressing experiencers threads, but most of them already know its real, and arent there to do that, they're attempting to speak with experiencers, about issues Above and Beyond reinventing the wheel and over.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The topic of Alien Abduction is a serious topic for some people. Clearly. There are those people who genuinely believe that they have experienced some sort of unusual event. It's an event that they can only express as being what has popularly become described as an “alien abduction.”

Some people might be describing events, prefabricating – outright lying – that have never occurred in a shameless attempt to attract attention. This could be due to some sort of underlying psychological condition, social isolation or simply a desire to attract attention.

On the other hand, there are those individuals who experience ... “something”. Providing we can exclude an underlying psychological disorder: i.e., schizophrenia, temporal lobe seizure hallucinations or drug induced delusions etc. , we are left with a quandary. These people have experienced “something”....but what? Have they experienced some sort of phenomenon yet unknown to medical science? Have these people experienced a religious visitation? A time traveller? An inter-dimensional phenomenon? Or, perhaps, the experience is exactly as described...an alien abduction: that is, beings from an alien world have visited them?

This topic – that of “alien abduction” -- is one of the most curious chapters in the annals of UFO-ology. I can think of no other aspect of the “UFO topic” that has garnered more ridicule or derision. Those who claim that they have been abducted have often placed themselves in a position of tremendous personal vulnerability in spite of any notoriety that may have been gained. Again, it's difficult to understand what there might be to be gained, personally, for those who have gone public with their stories of abduction. Most curious.

On a personal level, I do not discount these stories – certainly not all of them. I experience complex visual hallucinations due to temporal lobe seizures so I do understand and fully believe that people can and do “see” things beyond their ken.....beyond their understanding. I believe that people may very well have experienced things beyond our comprehension. But I differentiate between hallucination and reality....but that line is a blurry one. What is reality? Really? Nevertheless.... this is a topic that I find quite fascinating.

As a complete aside to this thread, I would like to contribute a song by American folk singer, Dan Bern. “Alien Abduction Blues” certainly typifies the attitude that attitude that surrounds this subject by the general public AND by, I would imagine, some self-professed abductees themselves.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

On a personal level, I do not discount these stories – certainly not all of them. I experience complex visual hallucinations due to temporal lobe seizures so I do understand and fully believe that people can and do “see” things beyond their ken.....beyond their understanding. I believe that people may very well have experienced things beyond our comprehension. But I differentiate between hallucination and reality....but that line is a blurry one. What is reality? Really? Nevertheless.... this is a topic that I find quite fascinating.

Some people only have rare moments where the veil is lifted enough that they can sense something big happened, and its going to be under the hood, pushing them to seek more answers. Even in cases like that, having too many trying to oppress information, isnt a good thing. Because it can set them back many years in waking up. However, on the other hand, hopefully, this inner nudging will continue and they will keep on seeking.

But most experiencers have a family connection. Its not just happening to one person, and if they dig around enough, they may discover others are having some clues, dreams, memories. For some, whole families have witnessed the crafts and the choppers chasing the crafts, and some are more aware of contact with this, others just see the crafts. No its not group hypnosis. This is usually a generational experience. (I use that word or abductees because its mixed, more negative experiences and more positive, its not one thing, and the word experiencer is neutral).

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well, I think this thread made a turn from its original purpose.

I am an abductee and do talk to other abductees as it seems to help both of us. If anyone wants to talk, just send me an IM. They have no right to do this.....

Rich

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join