It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu Reaches Out to the American Public (Interview Clip)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
i don't know about reaching out, but he's certainly reaching when he says " Iran will have a nuclear bomb in 6-7 months".

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Israeli elections are October 2013. Most democracies have about a year before elections to put together their platform and build their case.

It's about right for the timing for Netanyahu's Likud party to keep propping up their positions.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Show what Obama did to allow the Brotherhood to come to power.

You’ve GOT to be kidding….

And a head of a country that murders our citizens spies on us to sell our secrets to the highest bidder not mention the weapons we give to them for defense they sell on the black market is hardly our ally. Obviously logic isn't one of your strong suits.

Show me any of that!

I’d like poof not conspiracy theory and your opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
All of you demonizing Netanyahu and applauding Obama, are being duped. Do some real research and you will soon discover that your biggest enemy and most dangerous foe occupies the Oval Office!

Obama can't stand you or the United States of America. In fact he hates you and any other country he deems as the haves; such as Israel. He is a sympathizer to all the have not countries in this world. However, not so the have nots suddenly become the haves, but more, the haves become have nots.

Obama, realizes Iran's leadership is a rogue runaway. He is giving Iran every opportunity to develop a nuclear weapon and would not mind at all if Israel was wiped off the planet, but not because he hates Israel, no, it is because he hates the USA and what we stand for more!!

This is not about Democrats or Republicans, this is about being a free independent country. Obama's reason
for not meeting with Bibi is to give Iran the time they need.
edit on 9/16/2012 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

All of you demonizing Netanyahu and applauding Obama, are being duped. Do some real research and you will soon discover that your biggest enemy and most dangerous foe occupies the Oval Office!

Spot on, Pax! (not the part I quoted but your entire post)

Good observation!

edit on 16-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I'm sorry, i'm not Israels biggest fan, but my god, are you Americans really that oblivious to whats actually going on with the rest of the world?

He is reaching out to the general public of the country that is supposed to be his countries allies, it shocks me that the sight of a foreign leader pleading for help is not seen in a better light, do you forget 1940 so quickly? When a leader pleads like this is really is desperation, his country is vulnerable, and for the most part on its own in a troubled region.

I imagine Sir Winston Churchill pleading for US help of the news was greeted with similar distaste and hostility, but it is the final move a leader will make, for his people and his country.

Regardless of whether you agree with the politics of it all or not, just have the respect for the man for doing something that most likely wasnt easy for him to do, it shows how vulnerable he really feels, coming from a country that had to do the same in the 40's, i appreciate and respect him for it.

la2

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Israeli elections are October 2013. Most democracies have about a year before elections to put together their platform and build their case.

It's about right for the timing for Netanyahu's Likud party to keep propping up their positions.

our elections are not called like that, it can sometimes be a few months, or even weeks, i really dont think this was politically motivated

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Obama can't stand you or the United States of America. In fact he hates you and any other country he deems as the haves; such as Israel. He is a sympathizer to all the have not countries in this world. However, not so the have nots suddenly become the haves, but more, the haves become have nots.

Obama, realizes Iran's leadership is a rogue runaway. He is giving Iran every opportunity to develop a nuclear weapon and would not mind at all if Israel was wiped off the planet, but not because he hates Israel, no, it is because he hates the USA and what we stand for more!!

This is not about Democrats or Republicans, this is about being a free independent country. Obama's reason

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly do "we" stand for as Americans? Freedom? Well, we honestly can't talk about "freedom" with a straight face anymore can we? And can I also ask how Iran's leadership is a rogue runaway? I think TPTB only believe that because they haven't been able to put a puppet in place, and the last time they did... well that backfired didn't it?

We don't know why Obama didn't meet with Bibi. But last time I checked it wasn't our Presidents obligation to drop everything for Israel every time they demand it. I am certainly no fan of Obama, however in this particular instance I'm GLAD he didn't go crawl to Israel when Bibi snapped his fingers. Israel is like the scrawny kid on the school yard who keeps picking on everyone and expecting his big brother to fight for him. Well I think at this point the "big brother" is a little tired of fighting little brothers battles.

Iran will NOT have a nuclear weapon within 6 months. That is such utter nonsense. Let's be quite clear, if Iran wanted a nuclear weapon, they would have one. I'm sure there are many out there who blindly believe that, given the opportunity, Iran would acquire a nuclear weapon and immediately go and nuke Israel. They never bother to put any logic behind that claim. First you have the issue of all the other surrounding MUSLIM nations. They would suffer great effects from the fallout. And Iran probably would too. Then there is also the fact that, should Iran actually use a nuke against Israel, the US and other allies would nuke the hell out of Iran. It's just foolish. It's nonsense and it's not going to happen. HOWEVER, it IS feasible that Iran would want a nuclear weapon as a DETERRENT against Israel.. who DOES have several hundred thermonuclear weapons, and could easily turn Iran into a glass desert.

I say again, that Netanyahu gets no sympathy from me. The people of Israel do however. I believe the Israeli government is about as corrupt, if not more corrupt than the United States.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think he took it a little far, but there is some truth to having a less-than-beneficial relationship with Israel. Check out this news story by the Israeli paper Haaretz.

Then there was the potential sale of our AWACS to the People's Republic of China.

So... let's not rush to defend Israel as our "friend".

Haaretz article: www.haaretz.com...
edit on 16-9-2012 by GreenGlassDoor because: Added link. ATS doesn't like the URL or tinyurl

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2

I'm sorry, i'm not Israels biggest fan, but my god, are you Americans really that oblivious to whats actually going on with the rest of the world?

He is reaching out to the general public of the country that is supposed to be his countries allies, it shocks me that the sight of a foreign leader pleading for help is not seen in a better light, do you forget 1940 so quickly? When a leader pleads like this is really is desperation, his country is vulnerable, and for the most part on its own in a troubled region.

I imagine Sir Winston Churchill pleading for US help of the news was greeted with similar distaste and hostility, but it is the final move a leader will make, for his people and his country.

Regardless of whether you agree with the politics of it all or not, just have the respect for the man for doing something that most likely wasnt easy for him to do, it shows how vulnerable he really feels, coming from a country that had to do the same in the 40's, i appreciate and respect him for it.

Israel has an incredibly strong military. Israel has several hundred thermonuclear weapons. Israel, much like the US, has created it's own problems in the middle east.

I'm sure plenty of people remember 1940. I however tend to remember June 8, 1967, September 17, 2008, and several other dates where the Israeli military and intelligence killed US citizens.

They made their bed. Let them lye in it.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

I think he took it a little far, but there is some truth to having a less-than-beneficial relationship with Israel. Check out this news story by the Israeli paper Haaretz.

Then there was the potential sale of our AWACS to the People's Republic of China.

So... let's not rush to defend Israel as our "friend".

Your first link is broken but I viewed the second….a disagreement among friends. Israel complied with our request, no?

That doesn’t imply that Israel isn’t a friend of US.

(edit to add) Israel has complied with our pleas not to attack Iran, right? So why would Obama turn his back to Bibi at the most crucial time in this standoff? Who does that benefit?
edit on 16-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Put a sock in it Nuttyyahoo. This guy is something else. After a person like this keeps others down through oppression and such it is no wonder he would be paranoid of being attacked. You can only behave like this for so long before it comes back and bites you on your backside. I truly believe that this world would be a better place without clowns like this creating the chaos that they do!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by damoney

Put a sock in it Nuttyyahoo. This guy is something else. After a person like this keeps others down through oppression and such it is no wonder he would be paranoid of being attacked. You can only behave like this for so long before it comes back and bites you on your backside.

Who has he kept down? The Palestinians who have NO CLAIM to their land and fire rockets into Israel every day? What does that have to do with his plea to stop Iranian nukes?

I truly believe that this world would be a better place without clowns like this creating the chaos that they do!

Come ON MAN!

Tell that to Ahmadinejad. Who has Israel threatened?? Israel has been trying to maintain its boarders and defend them against Muslims since its reformation in 48.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Who has he kept down? The Palestinians who have NO CLAIM to their land and fire rockets into Israel every day? What does that have to do with his plea to stop Iranian nukes?

While I really don't want to get into it over Palestine and Israel.. they by the defined UN borders absolutely have a claim to their land. And Israel shoots and bombs the s@%t out of Palestinians on a daily basis, refuses to allow aid in and fences them in like criminals.

Originally posted by seabag
Tell that to Ahmadinejad. Who has Israel threatened?? Israel has been trying to maintain its boarders and defend them against Muslims since its reformation in 48.

Last time I checked, Israel has threatened Iran every single time they open their mouth.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think you're reaching here. Obama isn't turning his back on Israel. Hell, the Iron Dome was funded by us, despite us not knowing the technical details behind it. Obama gave them a check and didn't even require oversight on it. That is a pretty significant level of trust and commitment.

Now Netanyahu is pleading the "bomb Iran" case. Why? Because he said so? Maybe he should stop pleading the big-bad-Iran case and bring some proof. George W. Bush had enough sense to assemble the UN and send in Colin Powell to present the evidence that led to his conclusions, but Netanyahu can't?

He needs to lay out exactly what Iran is doing, the intelligence that supports that, and the ramifications of Iran achieving its goals.

Oh, but the IDF Defense Chief Lt. Gen. Gantz disagrees with Netanyahu's assessment. He believes that Iran isn't making an atomic bomb.

I could go on, but I think Netanyahu is trying to reinforce his political position by indirectly supporting Romney's. After all, Romney had closed door meetings with the Israelis during his visit.

Let's not forget that in 2001, Netanyahu said, on camera, that the US is a "thing you can move easily". His commentary goes on and smacks of hubris concerning the manipulation of American foreign policy.

Frankly, I want to vote for Romney, but if he's in the same boat as this guy, I'll stay home.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

I'm just astonished at the level of ignorance

Israel is not our ally, any country that is asking us to attack Iran is not our ally. We are in no position whatsoever to start another endless war. Obama is doing the right thing by ignoring Nut&Yahoo. We don't need another endless war.

Even Ron Paul said that he wouldn't support Israel or any other country financially or by providing military assistance.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You and Pax are both clowning yourselves. Look Netanyahu is a war monger just as Cheney was. They want to go to war.

You are the ones being duped, not once, BUT TWICE. Remember WMD's? Everyone felt so dumb and angry for being duped into destroying a country because we were lied to. You guys however seriously forgot and are all pumped up to fall for the same lie. "Fool me once.." You are sincerely falling for the same once all over again.

Iran has thousands of Jews, they don't have Jews, they just don't like Israel's government because of the constant threats, attacks, and mistreatment of Palestine. That's it. Iran has had nuclear facilities for 40 years but now they are magically going to have a nuke in 6 months? They could have decades ago if they wanted to. Israel has been saying 6 months for 4 years now. Get a clue guys. Russia knows they aren't making nukes.

I really can't believe that there are Americans that have already forgotten and are really dumb enough to fall for the WMD line AGAIN!
edit on 16-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

Romney is in very deep with the Israeli's. Actually scary deep, as in may be having parts of his campaign funded by them, which besides being illegal means he owes favors out to another country.

I mean we developed special bunker busters for Israel and then gave them a huge check the same week the bombs were finished (hmmmm). I really wish I could vote Ron Paul in, or anyone that would just stop sending our money to the middle east.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Are you serious? Who has Israel threatened? You mean like how they just do premeditated strikes to whomever they feel like. They bombed Syria in 2007. Bombed their nuclea facilities.

Or how they call openly to the world for premidated strikes on Iran. Imagine being an Iranian citizen that has no control and hearing that Israel is going to bomb you in the next six months. Wondering every night if you will have a bomb dropped on you. Citizen that has no control over what the government does. That is terrorism isn't it?

I think Israel throws out more threats than most any other country in the world.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Another one of our "allies" needs us again.
We're tired your turn to pick up the slack.
edit on 17-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join