It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pays traffic ticket with dollar bills shaped like pigs...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
obviously the guy broke the law and has to pay a fine.there`s no need to be insulting and childish about paying the fine.he should have accepted that he did something wrong and just pay the consequences for it like an adult.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wanted a clear shot of the little paper piggies in the donut box. Guess he had to keep the camera on the down low...I think if the cops had known they were being recorded, they wouldn't have been quite so nice. They would have saved the snarling froth until after it was turned off, though.

edit on 15-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I think if the cops had known they were being recorded, they wouldn't have been quite so nice.
That is probably what he was hoping for. It just seems that many people nowadays want to get their 15 minutes of Youtube fame by becoming the next innocent helpless victim of Police Brutality.

Happens all the dam time. People just keep on pushing and pushing, antagonizing cops, just searching for a reason to become irate, and start crying about a 'Police State'.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending cops who overstep their grounds, but common sense tells me to avoid antagonizing them. Everyone knows that it isn't a good idea to sneak into the lion's den at the zoo, and start poking the lion with a stick, but many are incapable of comprehending the ignorance they express by antagonizing cops. If you keep asking for trouble, you're eventually gonna find it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Haha now I wish my bank would send emails like that, they always phone me from unlisted number, and even when I don't answer they still charge me for additional fees.

Bastards...
edit on 15-9-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
[ I recall seeing something about no cash and money order/check/card being all they took.

It says right on the worthless note 'for all debts public and private' if they won't accept it what do they want? True money? Sorry they took real money away from the people in 1933 in case you didn't get the memo.

The bills were not defaced and he was within his rights to walk away with them and show the courts the video. He tried to pay they refused payment he no longer has a debt.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The danger of doing this is some cops don't like being recorded and will take away your camera and stomp you and arrest you for obstructing justice. A couple of states even have laws that forbid you from recording cops.

And yes, it's definately wise to not antagonize the cops. They'll stomp you if you do.

Know your rights, exercise your rights, but don't play stupid games with the cops.

The majority of them are nothing but a pack of bullies who believe they are the authoritay and you have to bow down before them.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A couple of years ago a guy was billed $12,000.00 in back taxes in Stamford ,CT. He felt it was not justified .
Sooooooo.... In like a dozen plus wheel barrows he paid the tax in PENNIES!

Man was the town pissed!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Illinois - The last state to use wiretap laws in order to go after people who are recording them in public. About a month ago an appeals court threw the case out against the guy who was sentenced to 75 years in prison.

A second individual who was charged under the same law, and was facing 11 years, is under review and will also most likely be thrown out.

So in this case, in Illionis, its not longer illegal to record law enforcement in public.

As for knowing your rights I highly encourage it. Being a US citizen and holding the government accountible demands people be informed and be hands on in the process.

There is 1 exception people should be aware of -
If you are the subject of a traffic stop / detained you do not have an absolute right to record the police. The reason for this is anytime law enforcement stops / detains an individual / motor vehicle, the persons safety becomes the officers responsbility.

A detention / traffic stop falls under the 4th amendment (although not to the extent it does with a persons residence). When a person is detained / stopped the persons actions / movements can be curtailed. If you are the driver of a vehicle that has been stopped and you are recording the officer can legally tell you to stop and to put the phone / recorder down.

Why?

The reason for a stop is a potential law violation. If the violation is confirmed and the officer issues a citation, he / she is required to explain the citation, including court date and other pertinent info to you. If you are recording your focus is on the officers actions and not his words, which means you could miss something relevant the officer said that can bite you in the ass later in court.

Just use common sense and by all means communicate with the officer.

As an example I have had people I stopped wanting to see my radar unit. IF the area is safe (light traffic / no traffic / pulled into a parking lot) I ask the individual -

* - Are you asking to see the radar or are you demanding to see the radar?

In all the situations they have always asked and in most of those situations ive allowed it.

As they say there is a time and place for everything.

*Some agencies as a matter of policy do not allow a person to come back to the officers vehicle to see the radar unit. They cite subject safety as the reason and its a valid one.
edit on 16-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Only if he would have folded them in such a manner as the serial # was showing. Then his arguement may have went further. The only real thing that he has done is caused himself some greif from all those NICE cops that look at the pic, with him holding his handy work.Pretty funny as it happened. Probally not gonna be funny for him in the future.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
While I found this amusing, I could not stop but ask myself the entire time I watched the clip, who got the job of returning all of the little piggies back into dollar bills, or did they actually leave them in their design when they put them into the cash register?

Interesting, however he should have used the time spent pulling off this prank to read his driver's manual so he doesn't make the same mistake twice

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join