It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man pays traffic ticket with dollar bills shaped like pigs...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

And to top it off, he delivered the pig shaped bills in Dunkin Donut boxes...

Fortunately for us, he recorded the encounter.

To their credit, the police seem to be taking it in stride.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
These poor Cops. Trying to keep there jobs towing the line of bull excrement. See, they are normal human beings after all. I am sure there higher ups are so up there arse trying to show them "how to be good cops" when something like this happens they actually appreciate it.

Now, try this in California and see what happens. Baton across the head....BOOM.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't know where this took place, but how did he even get into the police station carrying a box and apparently with a video camera strapped to his head?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
I don't know where this took place, but how did he even get into the police station carrying a box and apparently with a video camera strapped to his head?

I don't see the problem?

You saying the box of Dunkin Doughnuts was in danger at the Police station?

I read a somewhat similar story a few years back about a guy who wrote out his alimony payment on a T-shirt shirt [Signifying she took the shirt off his back] to his wife and because the shirt had all the correct information written on it her bank had a legal obligation to take it.

edit on 14-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
These poor Cops. Trying to keep there jobs towing the line of bull excrement. See, they are normal human beings after all. I am sure there higher ups are so up there arse trying to show them "how to be good cops" when something like this happens they actually appreciate it.

Now, try this in California and see what happens. Baton across the head....BOOM.

Ha I was just thinking this couldn't have been California because you would get roughed up and if you resisted shot.

I think was awesome and we need a lot more of this. Citizens are terrified of their police force if they aren't upper middle class conservative white folks and they need to be reminded they serve the citizens, they do not rule over them as so many seem to behave.

If as an officer you are not patient, kind, compassionate, and able to endure insult and danger calmly and professionally get another job because we don't need your butt wearing a badge.

In California it is easier to get a job as a cop than it is to get a conceal carry permit think about that for a minute...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
You saying the box of Dunkin Doughnuts was in danger at the Police station?

Dang straight...

Dunkin Doughnuts = Popo kryptonite

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"Why would you do something like that?"

WTF difference does it make?

The true questions remains, one to which i do not know the answer, since the bills are in fact legal tender, and the fact that they will not accept them being folded that way, doesn't that constitute refusal of payment and can they legally refuse to accept and still demand payment a certain (unfolded) way? "I am not gonna take 'em like that." "We're not gonna accept that."

Is there some law or something that says they have to be presented in a certain manner?

Because if there isn't, the guy could cause a (legal) scene, even though he appears to only be doing it in good humor.

Like paying $137 in unrolled pennies....
edit on 15-9-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
gladtobehere
This was a great video it made my night i had a nice chuckle over it..It was so good i sent it to a few friends...Thank you..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Link to pics of his herd

smoog.imgur.com...

It is impressive.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
that is genius...... i applaud his originality

here is another example of thinking outside the box

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

Pure genius!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm betting if he had asked them to sign some pre-created form stating their refusal to accept the legal tender, either they would have taken it or he could have avoided any further attempts to pay. Anyone have a grasp on the legal statutes covering this, or even better, a freeman angle on it?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

AAAaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaaha

Thats awesome...

I would not have complied to unfold them.. The guys is rights its legal tender..

I wonder if the guy could have contested it in court.. He made a good faith effort to pay with legitimate currency..

The city refused it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Next time he should use plain dollar bills and not all folded up.

.......with a drop of skunk spray on each dollar bill.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Phahaha! Admiral Ack-bacon!

Had me in stitches!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
That really showed the cop who gave him a ticket (for whatever infraction he might have committed). Let's take it out on the poor guys who have to collect the money. What a buffoon.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The guy still paid his ticket and he wasted a ton of time folding those bills.

But now he is a hero to a world of morons.

The guy should get another ticket for being stupid.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjfromga
That really showed the cop who gave him a ticket (for whatever infraction he might have committed). Let's take it out on the poor guys who have to collect the money. What a buffoon.

That is what I am thinking. What is the point? The guys who took the money are just doing their job and could give two craps about whatever statement he trying to make because they had nothing to do with it. Its like the guy yelling at the worker at chick fil a. Sure you get feel like a big man but, in the end you just come off as pathetic because your just causing an unrelated person a problem. The is what is called being and asshat.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjfromga

I'm sure the guy paying his ticket didn't expect this to make a difference in the system or even be any punishment for the desk officers....

It sure feels good to at least express how crappy the system is occasionally though, eh? I think that's all this was about and that first amendment works in so many wonderful ways. Even this...if they'd been less than amused...is covered.

Not a bad idea either, if I get a ticket again...(knocks on wood). Although I could swear the last time I was in the muni-court building for anything, I recall seeing something about no cash and money order/check/card being all they took. Hmm.. Something to remember!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

'How did he get in?' Well, I was not there, but I'll make a guess at it:

• He probably walked in the front door.
  • Then probably through the metal detector.
  • It is also possible that the guard at the front door looked through the box, before handing it back to him.

edit on 9/15/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• top topics

<<   2 >>

join