It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Judge strikes down Wis. law limiting union rights.

page: 2
11
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yep, definitely an activist judge and a Progressive at the very least.

Yes, the Democrat Party has become increasingly Marxist/Progressive/Socialist and there are around 70 members of Democrat Socialists of America in Congress, such as Maxine Watters and Bernie Sanders. Yes they have been sneakily getting their socialists elected to Congress and passing increasingly more Progressive measures. And we wonder how a Marxist got elected to POTUS and appointed numerous communists to important positions, not the least of which is his senior advisor.

Walker was elected twice as even after the Unions/Democrats forced a recall, he still won anyhow.
edit on 17-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D
 


The poor and middle class are better off in right to work states. Why do you want to spew nonsense when I gave you actual numbers. You are the one that hates the poor and middle class. In your fight to "stick it" to the rich you are only hurting yourself. Show me numbers that say the economy is doing BETTER in heavy union states overall. Thanks.



posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by GD21D
 


weather you do or dont agree with unions is kinda secondary,
the right to "bargin" is part of a free market economy,


In private unions, you can choose to not give those companies money if you don't believe in unions. Public unions are not part of a free market economy. With a public union, you have no choice.

Public unions bargain for the "right" for more of your paycheck.

/TOA
edit on 15-9-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)


And who the hell wants well paid police, firemen, and teachers? What the hell do we need them for anyway?



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by GD21D
 


weather you do or dont agree with unions is kinda secondary,
the right to "bargin" is part of a free market economy,


In private unions, you can choose to not give those companies money if you don't believe in unions. Public unions are not part of a free market economy. With a public union, you have no choice.

Public unions bargain for the "right" for more of your paycheck.

/TOA
edit on 15-9-2012 by The Old American because: (no reason given)


And who the hell wants well paid police, firemen, and teachers? What the hell do we need them for anyway?


Show me proof that they are underpaid in right to work states and not overpaid in forced unions states.

Chicago teachers are on strike right now. Their average Salary is $76,000 a year. They had 5 hour 45 minute school days, which means they made about $75/hour. And they are on strike. Must be nice.

ETA: I just checked some right to work states with some forced union states. Guess what. Michigan as a forced union state is making LESS than the national average, as well as forking money over to unions.
edit on 19-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Show me proof that they are underpaid in right to work states and not overpaid in forced unions states.

Chicago teachers are on strike right now. Their average Salary is $76,000 a year. They had 5 hour 45 minute school days, which means they made about $75/hour. And they are on strike. Must be nice.


I cannot believe I just read something that stupid. Find me one teacher that only works a 6 hour day. I want to see that teacher. My sister starts her day at 5am and usually finishes grading papers around midnight so F*$# YOU.
Do you know what an average salary actually means?
HINT: IT MEANS NOT EVERYONE IS PAID THAT.


ETA: I just checked some right to work states with some forced union states. Guess what. Michigan as a forced union state is making LESS than the national average, as well as forking money over to unions.
edit on 19-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



And that has what to do with the right to bargain for job safety? That is one of the things they lost the right to bargain for. Guess how much money we can save if we stop giving cops bullets and guns.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Show me proof that they are underpaid in right to work states and not overpaid in forced unions states.

Chicago teachers are on strike right now. Their average Salary is $76,000 a year. They had 5 hour 45 minute school days, which means they made about $75/hour. And they are on strike. Must be nice.


I cannot believe I just read something that stupid. Find me one teacher that only works a 6 hour day. I want to see that teacher. My sister starts her day at 5am and usually finishes grading papers around midnight so F*$# YOU.
Do you know what an average salary actually means?
HINT: IT MEANS NOT EVERYONE IS PAID THAT.


ETA: I just checked some right to work states with some forced union states. Guess what. Michigan as a forced union state is making LESS than the national average, as well as forking money over to unions.
edit on 19-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)



And that has what to do with the right to bargain for job safety? That is one of the things they lost the right to bargain for. Guess how much money we can save if we stop giving cops bullets and guns.


Great now you can show me where they planned on stopping the distribution of bullets and guns, thanks.

Your sister sounds like a dedicated teacher, you know what, she should be paid according to her dedication. Want to know why she isnt? Unions refuse to allow it. Teachers ONLY have to work 6 hours a day. If they pack up and go home and dont do any more work their pay is THE SAME as the teacher working their ass off.

I am going to use the national average of 53 hours per week.
www.washingtonpost.com...

So they make about $40 an hour on average. And you are right, that is only an average, some make much more!



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


You do not seem to have a real grip on what is happening here. Some make much less. Some get fired. Why is that? Do you know what these unions lost the right to bargain for aside from more pay? It seems you need to meet a teacher and talk to them for a bit about what their job is really like. I am sure you are as informed as you are though because of your disdain for teachers.



posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious
reply to post by OccamsRazor04
 


You do not seem to have a real grip on what is happening here. Some make much less. Some get fired. Why is that? Do you know what these unions lost the right to bargain for aside from more pay? It seems you need to meet a teacher and talk to them for a bit about what their job is really like. I am sure you are as informed as you are though because of your disdain for teachers.


Where have I shown disdain for teachers? I almost became a teacher myself, and most of my serious relationships have been with teachers. How does disliking a union have anything to do with teachers? I completely understand what is happening. Starting pay in Chicago is 50k fresh out of school, you don't think that is good money? What do you think STARTING pay should be for a teacher?

You keep talking, I keep citing facts. How about you dispute some of the facts I have mentioned if you can.




top topics



 
11
<< 1   >>

log in

join