It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Protesters in Tunisia Reportedly Rampage Inside US Embassy Compound

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Reuters reports protesters scale walls of US Embassy compound in Tunis, Tunisia, break windows and set fires. Meanwhile, Associated Press reports Marine team being sent to secure US Embassy in Yemen.

Developing...

Foxnews.com
edit on 14-9-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Why the HELL is the government not putting every American embassy on lockdown? How many warnings do we need?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
reply to post by capone1

I wonder if this post will be moved to social issues forum like the other thread?

If anything is political, this is, in my opinion. As these attacks are going to play a factor in this election year.
edit on 14-9-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
Why the HELL is the government not putting every American embassy on lockdown? How many warnings do we need?

Well it's not just happening to US Embassies anymore buddy...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

....as many as it takes to justify going to war (IMHO). I'm just waiting for the protests to begin on our soil.

The whole situation makes me sick...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Well it's not just happening to US Embassies anymore buddy...

I realize that. I only mentioned American embassies, buddy.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

They can't win a war against 2.2 billion people,Best to quit the stranglehold on ME and withdraw..
edit on 14-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
raiding embassy's is all the rage right now...

didn't you see that's whats trending on Twitter right now

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Does anyone else find this extremely scary!? Am I anxious over nothing? I feel like the human race is about to implode....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What sickens me about all of this...

Our President should be in the WH at this moment taking in all of the information he can about the situation and using our assets to get our people out of harm's way in the quickest way possible...

And YET, he was busy fundraising last night! Really???? He is supposed to be our LEADER, the lives of Americans are at stake and his priority is campaign finances... I'm appalled.

There's nothing left to say.

PS: Hope the British and German embassy personnel are safely evacuated as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I agree, and I have said that for a long time. But, from what I can see, that is not going to happen.

Sad really.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

I completely agree,American lives are at stake..it's time for Obama to grow a pair and do his job,get in front of the camera's and do his thing instead of whimpering in the closet because his beliefs may be compromised.

edit on 14-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Millions of Amercans are asking "what the heck is Tunisia"

Protesters in the various countries are also attacking western restaurants like KFC( aka Kentucky Fried Chicken) and embassies in other countries. Germany's embassy in Sudan is on fire and protesters are outside the UK embassy in Sudan.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassiper
Does anyone else find this extremely scary!? Am I anxious over nothing? I feel like the human race is about to implode....

It is kind of scary, but in reality, these attacks could have been defended. Maybe not the first one, but after that, we should have ramped up security ten fold to all other ally, especially American, embassies. I dont understand it. Its like were inviting the attacks.
Terrorist #1: "Wait, they're really not putting up more security?"
Terrorist #2: "I guess not...well, # it then....charge!!!!"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

What did fried chicken do to these people? Fried chicken ain't racist.

Sorry. Was reminded of a scene in Clerks 2.

On a more serious note, I'd like to know what Tunisians have against the U.S Embassy there?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It is kind of scary, but in reality, these attacks could have been defended. Maybe not the first one, but after that, we should have ramped up security ten fold to all other ally, especially American, embassies. I dont understand it. Its like were inviting the attacks.
Terrorist #1: "Wait, they're really not putting up more security?"
Terrorist #2: "I guess not...well, # it then....charge!!!!"

I totally agree that the US (along with the other countries) should have immediately set up safeguards to prevent further *successful* attacks against their people.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

think you might be right.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cassiper

It is about time, maybe we can emerge from the nuclear winter a wiser people that realizes the fallacy of ANY organized religion. More people on this planet have died from idiotic religious nuts than any other cause throughout history.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Kaploink

What did fried chicken do to these people? Fried chicken ain't racist.
Sorry. Was reminded of a scene in Clerks 2.
On a more serious note, I'd like to know what Tunisians have against the U.S Embassy there?
Its a reason to basically get free food and possibly break the cash register by some local thugs who couldn't care less about politics or religion
Just like the riots in LA during the Rodney King fiasco.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join