It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1949 Radio Hat only $7.95..............................

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaytay

www.daveswebshop.com...

Cheers jaytay, you certainly came up with a few great electronics of times past there my friend.........just love the old adverts.......brilliant...........

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Markive
I have plenty of tubes here, I might make one!

Yeah, do for it Markive, let me know how you get on.......haha

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... 85.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0...0.0...1ac.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

She looks like something out of Dr Who as a Dalek

Amazing what they come out with in those days, probably in a hundred years they will laugh at our things we use now!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
ok no more

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

She looks like something out of Dr Who as a Dalek

Amazing what they come out with in those days, probably in a hundred years they will laugh at our things we use now!

Yeah, scotsdavy, you are probably right there my friend...............ipods, ipads and the like will be looked at in a very funny way as they travel away on their hoverboards.....haha....cheers

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

Thanks though jaytay, much appreciated..............

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
LOL, and a S&F for you OP.
I really enjoy this thread a lot, and will look at all the links later. I started my electronics career with valves, and shocked myself a couple of times, as a very naive youngster, getting valves from all over, and running them from mains ..... lol .... just had an old filament transformer for the filaments, but the HV secondary was burnt out, and I never had money (or enough wire) to rewire the HV secondary...... The HV came straight from mains through a rectifier, rofl ..... Well, those were not that safest radio's one could get, but I managed to receive some radio stations, even though it is a miracle that I am still alive
..... Somehow I learnt a lot more with those ancient devices than what one can learn today with microcontrollers in everything. At least the components were large enough that I could solder with my dad's large 100W soldering iron. Nowadays I can't even see the components with my naked eyes, and I have to work under a microscope.... Ohhh, those were the days

On an interesting note, read some Elektor articles the other day, in which they ran valves on Low-voltage, like in less than 12V.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Are those twin triodes (12a*7's?)

I immediately had the urge to pull those out of her head and jam them into the front end of my guitar amp

$8 seems like a lot for 1949? Barely post-war.....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

The thing is we do still have stuff like this...

The MP3 hat

This hat is like true magic – it will draw you into the middle of everyone’s attention. Be cool .. at once!

This cap has a built-in MP3 player with speakers that eliminate the need for headphones or earbuds. Housed securely in the bill of the cap, the MP3 player has two integral speakers, making it ideal for joggers, cyclists, gardeners, and anyone who wishes to remain aware of his or her surroundings. A patented digital sound processing chip and a seven-channel equalizer produce rich stereo sound.

The player’s 2 GB internal memory can be expanded up to 8 GB via a microSD card slot (4 GB microSD card sold below). Rechargeable Li-ion battery provides up to 30 hours of playing time from a 3-hour charge using the included USB cable. Includes FM radio, voice recorder, and earbuds for private listening.

www.random-good-stuff.com...

The ihat

The iHat is a warm and cozy beanie with a built-in speaker. Simply hook it up to your iPod, iPhone or any other audio player using a standard 3.5mm stereo audio plug.

Product Specifications:

Compatible with all music player
3.5mm audio plug
Made of 100% polyester
One size fits alls
No external power supply needed
Cable length: 100cm (approx.)
Size: 285*195*20mm
Weight: 60g

www.prezzybox.com...

Beanie MP3 hat

You've seen our popular Beanie Hat with Built-in Headphones, but now comes something even better - Beanie Hat with Built-in MP3 Player! Just as comfortable and much more convenient, this cap lets you go about your day and listen to your music and podcasts in total comfort and style.

Made of 100% cotton, this snug-fitting Beanie Hat is perfect for keeping warm while jogging, commuting, or just standing there and looking cool. Attached to side is a detachable 2GB MP3 player, giving you the luxury of listening to music and freeing up your hands/pockets. The built-in battery is charged through USB and can last up to 8 hours, which will definitely make that hiking trip or bus ride to work seem much shorter.

www.ecrater.co.uk...
edit on 14/9/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

The thing is we do still have stuff like this...

The MP3 hat

This hat is like true magic – it will draw you into the middle of everyone’s attention. Be cool .. at once!

This cap has a built-in MP3 player with speakers that eliminate the need for headphones or earbuds. Housed securely in the bill of the cap, the MP3 player has two integral speakers, making it ideal for joggers, cyclists, gardeners, and anyone who wishes to remain aware of his or her surroundings. A patented digital sound processing chip and a seven-channel equalizer produce rich stereo sound.

The player’s 2 GB internal memory can be expanded up to 8 GB via a microSD card slot (4 GB microSD card sold below). Rechargeable Li-ion battery provides up to 30 hours of playing time from a 3-hour charge using the included USB cable. Includes FM radio, voice recorder, and earbuds for private listening.

www.random-good-stuff.com...

The ihat

The iHat is a warm and cozy beanie with a built-in speaker. Simply hook it up to your iPod, iPhone or any other audio player using a standard 3.5mm stereo audio plug.

Product Specifications:

Compatible with all music player
3.5mm audio plug
Made of 100% polyester
One size fits alls
No external power supply needed
Cable length: 100cm (approx.)
Size: 285*195*20mm
Weight: 60g

www.prezzybox.com...

Beanie MP3 hat

You've seen our popular Beanie Hat with Built-in Headphones, but now comes something even better - Beanie Hat with Built-in MP3 Player! Just as comfortable and much more convenient, this cap lets you go about your day and listen to your music and podcasts in total comfort and style.

Made of 100% cotton, this snug-fitting Beanie Hat is perfect for keeping warm while jogging, commuting, or just standing there and looking cool. Attached to side is a detachable 2GB MP3 player, giving you the luxury of listening to music and freeing up your hands/pockets. The built-in battery is charged through USB and can last up to 8 hours, which will definitely make that hiking trip or bus ride to work seem much shorter.

www.ecrater.co.uk...
edit on 14/9/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Wow, that's really cool ......cheers, might get one of them....haha

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This fella built one.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
This fella built one.

Haha......like it................brill..........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join