It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad accuses the West of 'stealing Iran's rain' AGAIN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Ahmadinejad also yells at chestnuts on the ground calling them "lazy". Sorry this whole story reminds me of Dr. Evil recalling his childhood

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Is there anything else left that the Iranian regime hasn't blamed the West for? I wonder when will come the day in which the Iranian regime will learn to take responsability for their own actions, or not making the West responsible for everything wrong inside their country...

It is up to the iranians to deal with natural events, just like the rest of the World.

There is a reason why there is a shortage of rain. It's called "global warming". Something that the Iranian regime would have discovered by now if they didn't block internet access.

I would like to ask him what is his opinion about the disasters described in ancient books. Oh, wait. I know the answer!

"The West did it!"...

edit on 12-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
that's right, mahmoud! We took your rain away.
Next, we will take away your sunshine!

crack is WHACK!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I accept the possibility of weather modification being real and if it exists it would make a great weapon.

I do also believe that the known science inside the most advanced facilities is well beyond what any of us is aware of. Usually, we only discover them when a scientist writes an article about it, or when someone whistleblows.

However, I'm sure you agree that money makes the world go around, and economical gain is still the main cause for scientific development. If that is the case, then such tech would have billions associated with it. Either with direct implementation - like dropping massive amounts of water in an area you want fertile for agriculture - or with indirect benefits. A major company (BP, to give you an example) with this kind of power, could paint them-self's as saviors of the world.

This would have the power to reshape world climate, and that is just priceless.

I don't believe that if such technology was available, we wouldn't know about it. And I think that the idea of using it just to piss off the iranians is hilarious. I mean, Iran is in the Middle East, it's not like we are talking about the Amazon.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Achos
I don't believe they have technology that can create or destroy rainclouds, if they did then why are Western countries like Australia and the UK allowed to go into severe drought??
Wouldn't our governments use the technology on their own countries to increase rainfall?

I suspect Ahmedinejad has been spending too much time here on ATS...

Actually there is a very logical and good reason the US Government would not use the technology for civilian use. And that is because the moment they did, they would prove the technology exists and the moment that happens, the DOD would lose legal access to such technology in warfare.

The United States signed the UN treaty against modification of weather in warfare in 1977 and it was ratified by the United States in 1979.

Weather modification, particularly hostile weather warfare, was addressed by the "United Nations General Assembly Resolution 31/72, TIAS 9614 Convention[20] on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques" was adopted. The Convention was: Signed in Geneva May 18, 1977; Entered into force October 5, 1978; Ratification by U.S. President December 13, 1979; U.S. ratification deposited at New York January 17, 1980.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, because of the treaty if the DOD and the government do have the tech and want to use it in warfare, it's in their best interest to suppress and downplay the existence of such technology to the masses.

After all, on one hand they can help their population with the drought, prove the tech exists and lose a godlike weapon system, or on the other hand they can let their people suffer a little, pretend the tech doesn't exist and then use it on their enemies. Of course if their enemies say they are using such weapons, who will believe them, they are crazy after all and the enemy.

Just my opinion though.
edit on 12-9-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typos

edit on 12-9-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I agree I have seen early flights of flocks of geese heading south in August something is askew

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

After all, one hand they can help their population with the drought, prove the tech exists and lose a godlike weapon system, or on the other hand they can let their people suffer a little, pretend the tech doesn't exist and then use it on their enimies. Of course if their eniemies say they are using such weapons, who will believe them, they are crazy after all and the enemy.

All of your arguments make sense, and we've seen several times in History where technology only became available for civilian use after the end of the conflicts. But all of those were specific items, like bombs, aircraft's, new types of engines and power, and that sort of thing.

We never had something like this. It wouldn't be just a weapon, it would literally change our planet. It would change so much that attacking a specific country or enemy would just be pointless. Either by world domination or by bringing peace, it would change everything.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

After all, one hand they can help their population with the drought, prove the tech exists and lose a godlike weapon system, or on the other hand they can let their people suffer a little, pretend the tech doesn't exist and then use it on their enimies. Of course if their eniemies say they are using such weapons, who will believe them, they are crazy after all and the enemy.

All of your arguments make sense, and we've seen several times in History where technology only became available for civilian use after the end of the conflicts. But all of those were specific items, like bombs, aircraft's, new types of engines and power, and that sort of thing.

We never had something like this. It wouldn't be just a weapon, it would literally change our planet. It would change so much that attacking a specific country or enemy would just be pointless. Either by world domination or by bringing peace, it would change everything.

I can see your point, but don't agree that we haven't had tech like this. In my opinion atomic power is much like this tech; ie it can be used to power the planet or obliterate it and under the guise of protecting the planet from obliteration a small number of powerful countries would of course develop the tech for themselves while suppressing and keeping it from others; much like they do with nuclear power. A handful of countries are in the club all others better not think about trying to join.

I actually do think the same nuclear powers are the same ones developing these systems in secret. I actually think the main reason the US and other nuclear powers signed the UN treaty was to keep other smaller countries from developing these systems, while they built them themselves in secrecy, thereby maintaining the upper hand of power into the future of warfare.

In any case nuclear bombs can obliterate the world, and they haven't brought peace or world domination, they have just allowed a few nations to run roughshod over the many weaker ones. I really don't see weather modification tech to be any different. It will be used by the more powerful nations to keep superiority over the smaller. Same as it ever was.

Just my opinion though.

Anyway thanks for the reply.
edit on 12-9-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I didn't see the op's name before just the thread title I just figured that this might be a thread calling out Ahmadinejad for the nutcase he is. Guess not, no wonder why all his supporters are on a conspiracy site he is your leader for insane conspiracy theories. This one made me spill my coffee thanks for the laugh.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
WTF, it's good to see some sleepy heads wake up from there blue pill induced dream of grandure! Russia has been at this openly now for a while... Does anyone believe governments would actually use this for good; other than good involved with political gain HA Putin declares clear skys over his citys for parade

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Call me paranoid, I have always questioned translations from Ahmedinijad (sp?) because, lets face it, many of us don't know Farsi.

So...if anyone here speaks the language...could you kind of help me out? I get this eerie feeling that he is being deliberately mistranslated...but I have no proof of such.

Damn hunches.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If he were blaming any other country, I'd say he was off his rocker. Since he is pointing fingers at the US though? I'm inclined to say it can't be completely ruled out.

As far as the questions like "If they can control the weather, why not make it rain here?" (come on ATSers, think a little. You're on ATS after all!) What is a BIG issue that has been covered here on ATS? MONSANTO? GM Foods? Ring a bell? If you were a government that wanted to take over, regulate, and supply an entire nations food source, what would be the easiest way to kill off all the independent farmers livestock, crops, and bank accounts...?

Oh, and just to make it clear, I'm in support of Ahmadinejad himself. People tend to forget that there are Anit-Western sloagans, statues, and paintings plastered all over the place in government buildings there. HE himself really is an enemy of the US.
edit on 12-9-2012 by CuriousR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Achos
I don't believe they have technology that can create or destroy rainclouds, if they did then why are Western countries like Australia and the UK allowed to go into severe drought??
Wouldn't our governments use the technology on their own countries to increase rainfall?

I suspect Ahmedinejad has been spending too much time here on ATS...

OMG this is what was running in my mind as well LOL. about spending to much time on ATS.

To me the guy is just trying to reach whatever he can reach to condemn his enemy's anyway
Do i believe we have the tech to do something like this? YES a big fat YES ! Have you seen the kind of tech we have came out with in the last 20 years? picture that PLUS funding from weather programs.

Do i believe we are the cause for the drought? NO i dont a big fat NO. Reason's: All over the world it is changing its a proven fact that global warming is here. Do you really think IF we had this kind of weapon we would brake it out to show to the world for Iran? Dude when something like this brakes out "Weather wars" it would be some fat quake thats going to shift all your underground structures or make you implode more options im sure.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by St0mP121

“To me the guy is just trying to reach whatever he can reach to condemn his enemy's anyway”

Why wouldn't he?
Apparently he can say whatever he wants and get away with it.
Just read Iran's apologists right here on ATS.

“Wipe Israel off the map” ?....Apologists: no, he didn't say that.
“Death to America Death to Israel”?.....Apologists: no, he was mistranslated. But he said it in Arabic....Apologists: do you know Farsi? BUT HE SAID IT IN ARABIC !...Apologists: ha, just as I thought, you don't speak Farsi.

edit on 13-9-2012 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
UAE Claims Weather Control

Now if I was a less educated man I would say that Iran is crazy.

Well Ahmadinejad is certainly crazy...on his best days.

But is he wrong?

Maybe not...

~Tenth

I have to agree. If the ability to do it did exist what would he do to stop them? Say someone is stealing his rain? It makes him sound even more crazier. It would be win win if true.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Um.... How is it crazy?

We already know how to make it rain by cloud seeding, so it makes sense they know how to stop the rain. This is in no way "out there". Very very very very plausible IMO.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Samuelis because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Wow are most of you just conditioned to bash Ahmadinejad?

I think he has a valid point, and if he doesn't he definitely has the right to. We live in a day and age where the weather can be manipulated. (If you don't believe that go do some research, and if you still don't believe it after that than go back to sleep)

Now why would the enemy "steal"/ wreck the rain in Iran? Well if they did mess up the rain an cause Iran to go into a serious draught they could manipulate them easier. They could then tighten the sanctions on them and not worry about them coming up with a solution on there own within there country.

I think that Ahmadinejad is right. I know I might of debated against Iran in another thread but thats because they weren't the underdog that time. And I believe its healthy to sometimes see both points of views and see if you can defend it, especially on ATS.

*I have had to sign back in and re type that because when I tried to post I got "mysteriously disconnected" maybe we said to many key words in this thread and now its being monitored

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

There is a worldwide drought that has been going on. So we'd punch ourselves and Russia just to inconvenience Iran?

Puh-leeze.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
I didn't see the op's name before just the thread title I just figured that this might be a thread calling out Ahmadinejad for the nutcase he is. Guess not, no wonder why all his supporters are on a conspiracy site he is your leader for insane conspiracy theories. This one made me spill my coffee thanks for the laugh.

Your on the wrong website grandpa. ----> www.google.com/news

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
UAE Claims Weather Control

Now if I was a less educated man I would say that Iran is crazy.

Well Ahmadinejad is certainly crazy...on his best days.

But is he wrong?

Maybe not...

~Tenth

I have to agree. If the ability to do it did exist what would he do to stop them? Say someone is stealing his rain? It makes him sound even more crazier. It would be win win if true.

Stealing rain? I'm not sure you fully grasp the OP. He's saying we are using bio-engineering. One does not steal rain.

I'm getting really worried about amount of brainwashy comments on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join