It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we restore the Earth now, please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am asking you first to think about what kind of life you would like to have, what kind of life would you like the people you care about to have. Now think about the life we do have. Are they anywhere close to matching up? Me, I dream about a place I could live where I don't have to worry about whether my food and water are poisoned, where my little sister can walk any place she likes at any time and be safe. Where people value honesty to the highest degree and choose to engage in activities they don't feel the need to conceal. Where horticulture is not a crime (unless you are manufacturing poisons). Where people would risk their neck to help a child. Where there are no unwanted starving children. I can't expect everyone to carry on as I do, I know this. But if I am capable of conducting myself the way I do, then surely most anyone can do it too, I'm really not that remarkable. People have a million excuses for why they don't have to do the right thing, but for me there is no excuse - there is no threat of life and limb that can be made against me which will cause me to budge. Stealing is wrong, lying is wrong, raping and murdering are wrong. If we spent more time working independently to fulfill our life needs people would appreciate reality more and the virtual world of money less. If you are growing your own food and making your own clothes and looking after your family you shouldn't have the time to rob and deceive millions of people, dump millions of gallons of toxic chemicals into the oceans and residential neighborhoods, and on and on. There really is no better time than now.

edit on 12-9-2012 by jeantherapy because: boohoo

edit on 12-9-2012 by jeantherapy because: forget it

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

I see nothing wrong with your statements. Our families, children, and others deserve to grow up in the best world we can give them. And I think most people will agree with you, but unfortunately, its not the "us" that is what is wrong in the world... it is the "them" who are greedy and materialistic. How can we change "them"... We cannot.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Thanks for responding. It's the whole "us and them" mentality I would like to see us evolve beyond; we're all humans with the same basic needs. Once I see that all humans have their basic needs met (food, water, shelter, you know them) then I could see the selfish pursuit of hobbies and such. But to me it just kind of seems like everyone is standing around picking their noses not really being bothered by all this ridiculous irrational destructive madness going on around them.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
reply to post by jeantherapy

I see nothing wrong with your statements. Our families, children, and others deserve to grow up in the best world we can give them. And I think most people will agree with you, but unfortunately, its not the "us" that is what is wrong in the world... it is the "them" who are greedy and materialistic. How can we change "them"... We cannot.

It is the "Us" that creates the "Them"

We must change ourselves at the base level in order to make a change in the top levels. It may take awhile but it will work.
edit on 12-9-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

But to me it just kind of seems like everyone is standing around picking their noses not really being bothered by all this ridiculous irrational destructive madness going on around them.

I hate to say it, I really do, because you are right in the matter that their should be NO "Us/Them" But rather an "Everybody" but... People who stand around and pick their nose are doing so because they are comfortable enough in the system, benefit from the system, or assume some great figure (whether it be God, Aliens, ect...) will come and fix it all for us. Which is a very destructive mentality. I too wish that all would wake up to understand our "one-ness"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Type paragraphs.. Then you have my permission to "restore the world"..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Type paragraphs.. Then you have my permission to "restore the world"..

Learn to interpret without "paragraphs". Or will you simply overlook potently valuable information because you choose to b a grammer Nazi?

I didn't realize folks here on ATS needed your permission to post due to grammer issues, you must be really important around here.....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

It really wasn't that long, sorry if your attention span wasn't up to the task. Do you have anything useful to contribute?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just don't enjoy reading a wall of words.. It was a joke.. Relax.

I'm just saying, If you want more people to read your threads.. Try to post them more organized.. Otherwise People will be turned off by the "wall of words".. And a potentially good thread, with a good message will be looked over..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Well, thanks for clarifying your position at least. But I've seen some really atrocious posts here and when I look back over mine it really doesn't match up with some of the doosies floating around here.

new topics

top topics

join