It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Honors Vets with pictures of Soviet warships

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wascurious

I agree the healthcare remark detracts from the actual conversation here. OP and others should ignore it and focus on the actual issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
President Abraham Lincoln had to get the ENTIRE Russian Atlantic and Pacific Naval Fleets into Union ports to defeat the South and end States sovereignty.

Both President Lincoln and President Obama have said "Half of America is my enemy".

It was NO gaff or slip up you are seeing Obama associated with the Russian military. He was making a point to someone.....do as he wishes.....OR ELSE.

Obamas going to get the Russian military to help kill Americans again. Worked for Lincoln.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am a US Navy veteran of the 'Cold War Era', and I am not offended. Actually I laughed my a** off when I saw this a couple of days ago. I can just see the guy or girl who made the Powerpoint trying to explain to their boss how they didn't check to see what ships were in the picture. I'd pay good money to be a fly on the wall in that room.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well unless the 24 year old computer geek tasked with running convention graphics is running for President...this seems a bit trivial.

More so if you consider that the error was made during a tribute to the military and vets at the DNC convention while the RNC convention made NO mention of Vets, our troops...nada, nothing....that isn't an "embarassment" that is offensive...like Romney's explanation of why he didn't mention the troops.

Regardless of why he failed to specifically praise U.S. troops, Romney's explanation makes him sound like an as&*((.

ROMNEY on why he didn't mention the troops:
When you give a speech you don't go through a laundry list. You talk about the things that you think are important

gawker.com...
edit on 13-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
I am a US Navy veteran of the 'Cold War Era', and I am not offended. Actually I laughed my a** off when I saw this a couple of days ago. I can just see the guy or girl who made the Powerpoint trying to explain to their boss how they didn't check to see what ships were in the picture. I'd pay good money to be a fly on the wall in that room.

Yes I suspect the convention graphics nerd took some liberty with the graphic. If you look off to the right, those are US Navy Jets buzzing the Russian Fleet and I suspect that was intended to be the centerpiece...not the side panel.

At least the DNC acknowledged Vets and serving troops with a program, unlike the silence on the issue from the RNC convention.

Either way it's politics and Romney has made one blunder after another as of late, so petty swipes are the new normal.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Both President Lincoln and President Obama have said "Half of America is my enemy".

Seeing as we are on a forum dedicated to "Denying Ignorance"...and you put that in qoutes...LINK???

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here's the pic if anyone cares to see...

Look at those FINE Russian ships in the background...

Go DNC!

edit on 13-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

At least the DNC acknowledged Vets and serving troops with a program, unlike the silence on the issue from the RNC convention.

So, yahooooo for Obama. I'm surprised that a military man would support Obama after ALL of his disses against them. Just because he mentions them once during his campaign????? What about the rest of his term in office? Or, maybe that doesn’t count. Veeerrry disappointed. I would say shame on you but….

I'd rather have silence and support than self serving acknowledgement of another:

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

The disparity in treatment between civilian and uniformed personnel is causing a backlash within the military that could undermine recruitment and retention.

The proposed increases in health care payments by service members, which must be approved by Congress, are part of the Pentagon’s $487 billion cut in spending. It seeks to save $1.8 billion from the Tricare medical system in the fiscal 2013 budget, and $12.9 billion by 2017.

gunfolks.com...

June 6, 2012
Obama failed to mark D-Day with either a speech or a written proclamation both last year or the year before. He did give a speech in 2009, the 65th anniversary of the event.

Obama Disses VFW Convention 2011
Posted on 09/01/2011 by Super Girl
The largest foreign war veterans organization in the world, the VFW, has been smacked in the face by the White House. Evidently, other matters were more important for President Barack Obama. [snip)

For the first time in recent history (including my 8 years of attending VFW National Conventions), there was no representative from the current White House administration available to speak on matters regarding veterans affairs.

No Obama..No Hillary…No Biden…NOBODY to “represent”! From August 27th through September 1st.

stevechabot.com...
Obama Administration Disses Veterans
April 22nd, 2009
The Obama Administration’s Department of Homeland Security published a report recently, warning that our military veterans pose a threat to America.

content.usatoday.com...

President Obama announced a new military strategy on Thursday that will cut the Pentagon budget by hundreds of billions of dollars over the next decade.

President Barack Obama discusses defense strategic guidance Thursday at the Pentagon.CAPTIONBy Pablo Martinez Monsivais, AP

edit on 13-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Seeing as we are on a forum dedicated to "Denying Ignorance"...and you put that in qoutes...LINK???

content.usatoday.com...

You don't remember Obama calling half of America his ENEMY? Pretty notable quote to remember.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

President Abraham Lincoln had to get the ENTIRE Russian Atlantic and Pacific Naval Fleets into Union ports to defeat the South and end States sovereignty.

It was NO gaff or slip up you are seeing Obama associated with the Russian military. He was making a point to someone.....do as he wishes.....OR ELSE.

Obamas going to get the Russian military to help kill Americans again. Worked for Lincoln.

I figured someone would have found what I pointed out interesting and discussed it. Maybe the Russian ships as a backdrop WAS a reference to what Lincoln did....and a THREAT that they may repeat what Lincoln did...ger Russia to help slaughter half the country again.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

content.usatoday.com...

You don't remember Obama calling half of America his ENEMY? Pretty notable quote to remember.

Your post was not honest...you literally quoted president Obama, but inserted fiction.

Your post..

What the President said..

Last week, in an interview with Univision radio, Obama urged Hispanic votes for Democrats, and said: "If Latinos sit out the election instead of, 'we're going to punish our enemies and we're going to reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us' -- if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it's going to be harder."

He NEVER said "Half of America is my enemy" and he was speaking figuratively about issue politics.

As I suspected your quote was BS.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There is a very substantial amount of news stories saying Obama called half the country his enemy.

He performs his duty as he plays basketball.

"""""""I probably should have used the word 'opponents' instead of 'enemies,'" Obama told radio host Michael Baisden."""""

content.usatoday.com...

www.nationaljournal.com...

www.reuters.com...

abcnews.go.com...

The Russian warships as a backdrop to their convention WAS NOT a slip up. It was a warning to Obama's enemies....the half of the country the President calls his ENEMY.

Worked for Lincoln, it's going to work for Obama.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join