It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO In Southern Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Fellow UFO researchers please debunk this. I am not sure how to explain this object. I have closely analyzed ths and can find no explanation.
Let me know what you think. It has been submitted to a few UFO sites and none have debunked it yet. I think it is real.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Interesting but I have no clue what it is. I heard someone say in the video that two planes appeared to be coming towards it. Sorry I can't help.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Maybe when someone stabilizes the video we can begin to know but as for now I couldn't tell if it was even moving because the camera was all over the place.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Why does almost every video presented of supposed UFO's...get all blurry and jiggly right at the moment the object appears.....

Haven't a clue what it is...sorry, can't help on this one....

Des

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Sorry OP, as per the other respondents here it is too difficult to say what it is.

About the only thing I can draw a comparison to is the "fiery" color it displays - being shot at what appears to be the same general direction as the sunset.

This image springs to mind, filmed over Cottesloe Beach, Perth, Western Australia a few months back. Maybe it is atmospherics coupled with an actual object (terrestrial or otherwise) which causes it to be highlighted the way it is.

Stabilized analysis might give us a better idea.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
one of these days we will get someone who can stay still and knows how to focus.....till then who knows what it was.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
FFS! Why does everyone who films these things get jiggy with the bloody camera! My cat could keep a still longer. Even if I attached the camera to a tree branch and let it sway in the wind I would get a better picture than that!

I know I'm being harsh, but come on!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
1. turn auto focus OFF

2. use something, anything as a stabilizing platform; the ground, a rock, a chair, your knee, someone else's knee, a tree, something stable the camera can be braced against to keep it steady.

3. during sunset, objects still reflecting sunlight at altitude will shine brilliantly, even though ground observers are in the dark.

4. "it must be energy based beings" ... and then "I don't know what it is" ... which one? typically "I don't know what it is" does not equal anything other than "I don't know what it is".

5. It appears to be a plane with a slight contrail reflecting the sunlight brilliantly.

6. #5 could be wrong, but, #5 would be consistent with similar sightings under similar conditions.

It's fun to hear the social collusion at work where some will proclaim it's a plane, but such exclamations get negated by "No it's a UFO" until social collusion breaks the plane spotters into agreement to keep social cohesion despite what they see and know to be a plane.
If bigger proponet for the UFO explanation insisted it was a big mothership and portholes full of aliens waving at them could be seen and he kept repeating it, eventually everyone would agree with him.
This is how simple, normal, sightings of conventional known phenomenon and aircraft get turned into things far and away beyond anything actually seen.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinTemple

Report it to MUFON and see if others report the same thing. I work in Addison and viewed something, reported it, and saw multiple accounts on the same night, time and location. Looks to be after burners to me though. Video too shaky.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
OMG the Blair Witch Project had steadier cameras....I watched one min and that is it....If they wanted to know what it is they would have oh lets see focus the camera and STOP MOVING....If the video gets better after one min sorry the people who posted it first should have cut out the BS....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Yes. The object in the OP appears (as much as can be seen) to be a sunlit contrail as was the Perth "sighting".
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Though this one was short. Like this:

edit on 9/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree 100%

Looks like a short contrail highlighted by the setting sun.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinTemple

IL 2000 ufo
O'Hare ufo
Tinley Park UFO
...host of other UFO sightings

lots of alleged hauntings there in the Land of Lincoln Prairie State...hmmm

You just gotta wonder

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Why does almost every video presented of supposed UFO's...get all blurry and jiggly right at the moment the object appears.....

Haven't a clue what it is...sorry, can't help on this one....

Des

The answer is autofocus it hunts for focus these people should switch to manual focus and buy a monopod or tripod if using extreme zoom!

Also as Phage said above contrail here is a good diagram to explain

edit on 12-9-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join