It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Chambers at 12,000 year old megalithic site of Padang

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I heard back from my Egyptologist friend, HZ is definitely out and no longer in the power structure but as you noted he is a 'celebrity' and might be asked about other pyramids or pseudo pyramids

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Being familiar with the Neolthic in Asia:

The oldest known domestic grains of rice go back about 13,000 years in Korea, and ceramics about 17,000 bp near the Amur river and in Japan, so a civilisation capable of mound building a few thousand years later isn't out of the question.

I'd take 'advanced civillisation' with a grain of salt. Advanced for the time.

I'd also query the dating, as only the lowest levels have this very old date, the higher are about 5,000 years old. So most of the building was done over thousands of years. The whole site was not there 12,000 years ago.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Heresy because: dating error

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Also, dont get carried away with pyramids being proof of some massive world wide civillisation. Pyramids are the only shape that can be raised to great height and remain stable with primitive construction methods. It's the simplest way to get height and not worry about the structure collapsing.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Heresy

That sort of overlooks the reason for constructing the sacred mounts in the first place, whether constructed of stone, brick, terraced earth, or an existant natural feature enhanced, it never seems to have been about choosing the easiest option.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
it looks similar to Yonaguni in its layout.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Well it is definately a pyramid, no doubt in my mind about that and the blocks were clearly quarried. It'd be interesting to find the quarry site, but in that jungle it would probably be impossible.
edit on 5-11-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Cool I found a flickr account that has some pictures of the site.

www.flickr.com...

The pictures are fascinating.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Since the planet has been habitable for probably, a billion years, it's real hard to say how many civilizations have grown, risen, and then turned to dust. We are but one. Our turn for destruction will come for sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The volcanic stone is local to the site and often naturally fractured into columns thus not all of it is worked, though some is.

]

indocropcircles.wordpress.com...

reply to post by grey580

It is a fascinating site and nature certainly played her part in supplying an abundance of ready-made menhirs, with the quation remaing what were they up to in her 'belly'...if anything.

reply to post by wrkn4livn

The seasons don't fear the reaper...

edit on 6-11-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here is some additional information about this site. Many of the stones also have acoustic properties. Also use a 14000 BCE date or older.

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Another update from this site.

news.detik.com...

After the finding of north, east and west side, the team found the south side. So the size of the site at least 10 times bigger than borobudur.

news.detik.com...

Gunung Padang minimum building height 110 meters," said archaeologist Ali Akbar in his statement on Saturday (30/03/2013)
"But the excavation is still ongoing at this time indicates that at a depth of more than 4 meters there are man-made structure," he explained.

The results of drilling conducted by geologist Dr. Andang Bachtiar also obtained results that are up to a depth of 18 meters length composition of rocks with shape of long pentagon (columnar joint) man made.
The drilling has also discovered a kind of ancient cement between columnar joints. Dr.. Andri S, petrograf states are not natural rock cement but dough that serves as glue," he added.

Dr. Andang Bachtiar doing cement analysis are expressed in the cement mono cristallin quartz, iron-magnesium oxides and clay. Oxide mengandunghematite, magnetite, and other elements that are clearly not derived from the weathering of rocks columnar joint," he explained.

And third, the results of the excavation of the findings obtained in the form of metallic iron slag in the man-made rock structures on the eastern slopes. Laboratory Test Results of analysis of Metallurgy and Mineral Engineering Department University of Indonesia showed iron content and high carbon. That is, people who make websites Gunung Padang have known burning, processing, and refining of metals.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by maung

Thanks for the update, it looks like excavation of the subterranean constructions is in progress then, i'd been looking every now and then to see if they had permission to begin...

viva news

edit on 6-4-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Great post, well organized and with lots of fascinating information! It does indeed seem that we have only been scratching the surface of archeology now that we have to push the dates back thousands of years! Thanks for sharing the find!

S+F!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The wiki on "Mount Padang" lack so much.

It has been edited by someone who is not an archaeologist, or someone who edited the page just for the publicity for the site.

A serious survey is conducted in 2012 gave us many new things

This is not technical writing. Particularly, not by an archaeologist, if it was ever written by one. Archaeologists are fanatic about precise, technical reports.

There is a link to a article on "The Jakarta Post" stating Beta Analytic had analyzed the samples taken from "mount padang" and found them to be around 14,000 years old

A recent analysis of carbon-dating by the Miami-based Beta Analytic Lab has apparently validated findings by a government-sanctioned team that a man-made structure, buried under Mount Padang in Cianjur, West Java, is older than the Giza pyramid. Carbon-dating test results from the Miami lab show that the structure could date back to 14,000 BC or beyond.

From the wiki

Structure beyond Mount Padang structure is older than the upper stucture, but it has more advance technology. In depth of 1-4.5 meters by Beta Analytic Radiocarbon Dating (BETA) the older (below) structure is built in 4,500 BC, wether the upper structure in 500 BC. In 4.5 meter depth there are stones with specie which consist of 45 percent of ferrum, 15 percent of clay and the rest is silica. And even the surveyor found a 10 centimeter steel fraction.[7]

Once again, a wiki article with so many typos and ugly technical writing. Yuck!!!

Where is this report from Beta Analytic??
Why hasn't the "Independent" Research "Integrated" Mount Padang Team put this radiocarbon test report to public? (by the way, i have emailed Beta Analytic to inquire whether they had in real done any such radiocarbon testing. I hope we get a reply)
Why hasn't the reports,white papers, reports, not been submitted for peer review or even be published in archaeological journals?

One question - Where was the sample that was "tested by Beta Analytic" taken?

edit on 7/4/13 by coredrill because: to add a few more lines

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

i have emailed Beta Analytic to inquire whether they had in real done any such radiocarbon testing.

searched with keyword Beta Analytic Miami Florida, found 2 labs with this name. radiocarbon and betalabservices. which one you emailed?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
After a series of political turmoil to stop/delay gunung padang research, at last excavation begin, scheduled for 1 to 14 June 2013.

I really hope that we can reveal what is it below gunung padang, a real remnant of the oldest civilization or what, in the end of this month.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I noticed that in one of the artistic rendentions that there is a rather large river running directly in front of this structure. If the dates are correct, and let us say that the geologist who stated that the Spyhnx is around the same age ,that age being 10,000 bc, an interesting coincedence that there is an abundant supply of water with, as the article here stated that there was subteranium water flow. Possible hydro energy production happening? I mean, that is a big complex, with some amazing original archetecture i would imagine, according to another artists rendention.Just thinking out loud here.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So, do we have any news on the escavations?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Gunung Padang founded by 4 different cultures, in several thousand years range. The first (more or less 500 BC) and second (more or less 4500 BC) confirmed. The others still in progress.

www.smh.com.au...

same story:
www.theage.com.au...

www.dailygrail.com...

Graham Hancock going to visit Gunung Padang, maybe in 2014.
Source: somewhere in his facebook acc

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlagLess

Cant wait to red your sources no time now. 4500bc confirmed i really hope is real.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join