It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Wife Beating Advice

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

That's funny - I've watched that show a dozens of times and NEVER ONCE heard them ask for money. NOT ONCE!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by aardvark888
reply to post by HandyDandy

You forget that the Egyptians enslaved and oppressed Israel for hundreds of years! Who the hell are you to sit there and tell God what He can and can't do. That whole nation had it coming. Besides all that - the earth and everything in it belongs to God. he can do with it what he wants! Who is going to tell the Lion where he can sleep? And remember, if you don't repent, that same God will burn you in hell for eternity. You FOOL!

I don't mean to intrude but.. judge not lest ye be judged. It's something that adds weight upon our shoulders but we must believe that there is a purpose for all the destruction and hate in this world

Everyone has a chance
edit on 12-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by happyzodiac

Christ nailed the Old Law to the cross. Not all of that stuff was intended for this age. Why don't you go and learn something before you open your trap?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

'No, he started answering the question seriously after he said the Saudi thing. His answer to the question was not a joke. "

Well, that's just your feeble opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by aardvark888

Not really. It is part of his show to answer questions that are sent in. You can tell by his tone and body language when he started to reply seriously.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
We are going to abide by the ATS Manners and Decorum .....

Really we are if we plan on continuing to post

I hope everyone gets my meaning

Remember
Courtesy Is Mandatory not just suggested..

Thank You

Semper

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It was in reply to your statement.

"No, I never said he did. But he's the only child rapist I know of who authored religious texts. "

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by HandyDandy

There is nowhere in the Bible that states Mary was 13 when she 'had Jesus.'
Sigh...another attack on Christianity.

She was actually about 12 when she got pregnant. But that's a non-issue, the average lifespan was 38 at that time and it was quite normal to be betrothed a or married at that age. Males were considered "men" at 13.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Aww did i offend you and your beliefs in magical sky wizards and dead guys rising from the grave..it's 2012 not 1012..You've been so brain washed by this garbage that reality has passed you by long, long ago..Look at this way, if humans were not around the universe would still exist, but your "god" and his "son" would not..wait i thought Jesus was his own father..makes TOTAL sense
edit on 12-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

Takes more than a heathen to offend me, you're just doing what your master puts in your head. Not your fault you can't climb out of the box he put you in.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It was in reply to your statement.

"No, I never said he did. But he's the only child rapist I know of who authored religious texts. "

I wouldn't consider the Talmuds "religious texts" anymore than I would consider the "Matthew Henry Concise" commentary of the Bible to be a religious text. The Talmuds are rabbinical commentary on Judaism's religious texts, the Torah and Tanakh.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by aardvark888

Not really. It is part of his show to answer questions that are sent in. You can tell by his tone and body language when he started to reply seriously.

His serious response was basically "I really don't know what you should do with her..". He also made the observation that most likely she was rebellious to males. And both my mother and grandmother warned me the same. To watch how a woman I was dating treated her father that it was a good indication of how she would treat me if we became married someday. The same goes for men and how they treat/respect their mothers.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by happyzodiac

Christ nailed the Old Law to the cross. Not all of that stuff was intended for this age. Why don't you go and learn something before you open your trap?

Or as the Lord said that He didn't come to destroy the law, but He came to fulfill it. And He did.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What a joke, who would take wife beating advice from this guy? When I need quality wife beating advice I use a medium to contact the ghosts of Ike Turner and Rick James. Would you ask the dishwasher how to properly prepare a premium Kobe beef filet?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by adjensen

"The Talmud (Hebrew: תַּלְמוּד talmūd "instruction, learning", from a root lmd "teach, study") is a central text of mainstream Judaism, considered second to the Torah."
en.wikipedia.org...

Why did you post something that refutes yourself and directly supports my statement? (I highlighted it there for you, since you apparently didn't read it before posting.)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You can justify anything you want in Holy Scriptures. This thread, and it's commentary isn't about Christianity or Islam. I don't think any of you Christians that are commenting on this thread would advocate or do (still) beat your wives. Christianity doesn't advocate that. I and know some Muslim men who are the sweetest and kindest men you would ever want to meet, and they would say that Islam doesn't advocate wife beating.

This is a about the irresponsible nod that Pat Robertson gave to spousal abuse. It's about his ignorance and joking of a very real societal problem.

Yes, men are abused too. Pat should have addressed that and given the man an avenue in which to seek outside help. Violence is never the right answer.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
No hope you guys - no hope

This is a serious issue, and you're all on a war about religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join