It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else get "vaccines" in school (United States) in the mid to late 70's?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I am going to research it and try it.....thank you so much for the info!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beyondthegarage

I think the one under your tongue was Polio...I remember my Dr giving it to me on a sugar cube.

I wonder if you had the same mysterious shot as me....I am really leaning towards flu....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Actually, I am in PA, and I remember getting an airgun shot in middle school also. Wasn't it odd, that they did this? It was the only time they gave out mass shots in my school years. I was in middle school around 1974 to 1976.

Edited to add... I remember that the airgun was new technology at the time. And the consenses was the airgun was the newest and greatest thing and they wanted to try it out.
edit on 10-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Holy crap!

I remember that exact scenario. It was about 1974. I was in the 8th grade. They dragged us all to an unused classroom and gave us a vaccination with an airgun type of thing. This was in Federal Way, Washington. Totem Junior High.

I remember it very clearly. I got the shot or whatever it was from this pneumatic looking contraption. They told us they were giving the shot with air pressure. Within less than a minute, I started feeling bad. It was like I was slightly dizzy, but the worst part was I couldn't hear anyhthing except a sound like being in a tin building with millions of ball bearings dropped on it. They made me sit down, and after a few minutes it passed.

Within a few weeks or months, I'm not sure, I started suffering from small seizures. They were the "petit mal" type, where you just sort of stare into space for a few seconds. I'd have 50-100 of these in a day sometimes. It got to the point where other kids noticed. Not too long after that, I started having full blown seizures.

At the time they put me on several meds, none of which worked, and one that put me in the hospital. I finally ended up on Depakote, which worked great.

I'm 52 now, and an RN. I'm in the process of weaning myself off. I used to be on 1,250mg a day (five 250mg pills). I'm now down to one a day. My last seizure was when I was 27... And yea, sometimes it's like "my body hurts" and I can't put my finger on where. I just sort of hurt, like achey. I've found that a big change in diet made a huge difference (I went "paleo" about 6 yearas ago). I attribute a paleo diet to fixing me in 'most every way.

I'm not sure what the shot was for, but I think an educated guess would be an MMR booster. I've read there were some big problems with MMR's...I'll bet if I can dig out my vaccination records I could see whatit was...
edit on 10-9-2012 by davjan4 because: spelling error

edit on 10-9-2012 by davjan4 because: additional info

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That is the Small Pox vaccine scar...they had to scrape the skin somehow.

My Dr did mine under my arm in the arnpit so i wouldn't have a scar.....I have never been able to find a trace of it.

Maybe he never really gave it to me.....I seem to be one of the only people my age that I know that doesn't have a scar on my arm.

They stopped giving the vaccine in the early 80's I believe after they determined Small Pox to be eradicated.

Scary thing is they still have it stored away somewhere (the government) and reading I have been doing on the vaccine states it wears off so all of us that were vaccinated are no longer immune.

Nice right?

edit on 10-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I know and I can't find any info on this "program", I am going to keep searching though.

Glad someone else remembers this strange shot....Nice to know you're not alone in a sad way.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

I just keep thinking maybe it was a test...something in some and some were placebos?

I see a movie in this.

And what happened to those weird "guns"?

I have some work to do....thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I don't remember how I felt right after the shot..just being in the auditorium and getting it...and the pain of it. Masochists!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I found the torture device!!

They are at the Mutter Museum now.

Developed in the 1960s, inoculation guns were used to vaccinate large numbers of people very quickly – up to a thousand people could be treated every hour. Instead of using a needle, the vaccine was forced through the skin at high pressures created using a foot pump. However, the Ped-O-Jet was expensive and needed regular maintenance, which was not always available. Initially seen as a major weapon in the drive to eradicate smallpox globally, the guns were eventually replaced in favour of simple bifurcated needles. Most mass inoculation guns of this type would later be withdrawn because of concerns about cross infection. This example was made by Scientific Equipment Manufacturing Corporation.

www.sciencemuseum.org.uk...

Recalled because of cross contamination......peachy.
edit on 10-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
OK, now I don't know how far I want to go with this research...they use the airgun to inject DNA into subjects....

Immunization with plasmid DNA using a pneumatic gun. Vahlsing HL, Yankauckas MA, Sawdey M, Gromkowski SH, Manthorpe M. Source Vical Incorporated, San Diego, CA 92121. Abstract We characterize a method by which the Med-E-Jet pneumatic vaccination gun can be used to propel intact, supercoiled plasmid DNA through skin and into skeletal muscles of mice. Intramuscular injection of plasmids containing the firefly luciferase gene linked to the human cytomegalovirus promoter resulted in the expression of several hundred picograms of luciferase enzyme in quadriceps muscles. Intramuscular injections of a plasmid containing the influenza A nuclear protein gene regulated by the same promoter resulted in the generation of potent and specific anti-nuclear protein humoral and cellular immune responses. This convenient and rapid injection method would be well-suited for genetic immunization of humans.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Perhaps you forgot that 1975 was the swine flu outbreak? Do you remember all the scarey business about it on Tv and in the newspapers? They were concerned about a pandemic and vaccinated people right and left. 100s of cases of Guillian Barre syndrome resulted from the vaccine. It took me a while to rack my brain and remember this. Hey it was a long time ago.

In 1975-1976, the government said that a possible “swine flu epidemic” was possible, and that immediate action was necessary. President Ford, in an attempt to be relevant, made a public call for mass vaccination (with tax-payer money, of course). The CDC convinced Ford, Congress, and the American public that an epidemic like the one in 1918 was inevitable, and Ford called for every American to receive flu shots.

Swine flu panic reveals flaws in government healthcare

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Yes, I remember and also Legionaires (sp?) then all of a sudden 5 years later AIDES....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This from your article also:

The result: not only did the swine flu pandemic not occur, but the vaccine itself proved to be worse than the disease, and thousands of people who were given flu shots had serious side effects (especially American soldiers stationed overseas, who were the first ones given the shots.

But our government would never mistreat or neglect its soldiers, would it?) Over 30 years later, the government is still trying to impose mass inoculation on the American public.

These shots may prevent a few people from getting the flu, but it has also resulted in unnecessary deaths and illnesses as people’s immune systems react negatively to the vaccines, and people standing in long lines and crowds contract the flu from others.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Many baby boomer have a strange round vaccine scar on their upper arm
always wondered what could that be
normaly vaccine dont make scars

I've seen that on many people my age. I don't have that scar, but I also don't remember any sort of skin scraping. My small pox vaccination was an orally given sugar cube.

I also have always wondered what that scar was from.

I remember my vaccination from before I was school age - they painted a bunny on my arm, and then they stabbed it!!!
I was horrified
What were they thinking?
Imbeciles....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Perhaps you forgot that 1975 was the swine flu outbreak? Do you remember all the scarey business about it on Tv and in the newspapers? They were concerned about a pandemic and vaccinated people right and left. 100s of cases of Guillian Barre syndrome resulted from the vaccine.

In 1975-1976, the government said that a possible “swine flu epidemic” was possible, and that immediate action was necessary. President Ford, in an attempt to be relevant, made a public call for mass vaccination (with tax-payer money, of course). The CDC convinced Ford, Congress, and the American public that an epidemic like the one in 1918 was inevitable, and Ford called for every American to receive flu shots.

Swine flu panic reveals flaws in government healthcare

Swine Flu vaccine was exactly what ran across my mind, when I read all of this thread.

OP, I remember the exact same thing going on at my school, and received it myself. Soon after, I ended up coming down, according to the doctor my mother took me to after getting a fever of 106 (yes 106, I still have issues with my temperature to this day because of that I think) that I had measles, mumps AND chicken pox, AT THE SAME TIME.

I was hospitalized for quite a while with that one.

I have, since that time, had pretty bad health all around, including fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, IBS, severe stomach disorders, had to have gall bladder removed, and am, at this point, blind due to Keratoconus.

I am, to say the lesat, a mess.

I also have a son that has ended up severely autistic, though my other 2 kiddos are okay (one of them does have serious health issues, though, as well). Whether related or not, I do not know, but that possibility is there.

So no, you are not alone. I definitely remember all of that going on, and it would have been right round '78 that it occurred.

Maybe off by a year one way or another but lol
I am old, gimme a break lol

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Think it's to late for a class action lawsuit??

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I think the sugar cube one was polio...going to look it up.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The smallpox was administered with a scraping, then a nice scar.

It was stopped in 1972....so maybe you didn't have it.

Routine vaccination of the American public against smallpox stopped in 1972 after the disease was eradicated in the United States. Until recently, the U. S. government provided the smallpox vaccine only to a few hundred scientists and medical professionals who work with smallpox and similar viruses in a research setting. After the events of September and October, 2001, however, we have taken extensive actions to improve our level of preparedness against terrorism. For smallpox, this included updating a response plan and ordering enough smallpox vaccine to immunize the American public in the event of a smallpox outbreak. The plans are in place, and there is sufficient vaccine available to immunize everyone who might need it in the event of an emergency.

www.health.ny.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Look how cute the ad for Polio vaccine was....aaahhh.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's probably something to do with the Darwin reasoning and you were not meant to live to be 55

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

That was about the time I had my small pox vaccine. I remember my arm itching so bad that it brought me to tears. I have a nice little scar for memory sake.

I am really sorry to hear of your health issues. My concerns are so much for the babies being born into families that still trust the intent of what ever authority they think will protect them. Newborns getting Hepatitis B shots. A maniacal practice being pushed in every hospital these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join