It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yangtze River Turns Red and Turns Up a Mystery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Reminds me of when an Australian creek turned bright Green (it was a couple of years ago now though):

The reason as to why this creek was Green was found to be a result of a company releasing chemicals into it. Perhaps this is what is happening to the Yangtze River?

Uhhmmmm.....no.

That is the Goldstream River in Goldstream Provincial Park, British Columbia, Canada!!

And it wasn't a chemical spill...it was a prank since a fountain nearby was also green.

Any industrial accident has been ruled out and the incident is now being considered as a prank since a public fountain in the community nearest the river, Langford, B.C. also spewed neon green around the same time, according to The Vancouver Sun.

Source

Sorry for the off-topic, had to......

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisdom1111

Great catch!
I don't understand why that was done. I guess they just wanted to spread their faces.
It doesn't mean that the river didn't turn red.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Iron oxide contamination, throw some lime in that water and your all set. But you'd need an insane amount of lime to put in the water so finding the source is crucial. Although the entire soil under the river could be contaminated so you may just have to put this there for a while until the water becomes cleaner.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The last time I saw that particular color of red in water was back in the early 80's. The Curan chemical company in Westmont Illinois had been operating for quite some time and back in the days of WWII had manufactured the fuses for hand grenades. Even though they had returned to their primary product, paradichlorobenzine which is what moth balls are made of, after the war they still had huge sheds full of the fuses and the chemicals used to make them. One of the chemicals was fulminate of mercury.

The chemical factory had been out of business for a few years when an electronics company bought the land to build a factory to make their circuit boards.

This very dangerous and toxic material was found in runoff water in the ditches alongside of the plant during the process of tearing down the chemical company buildings and grading the land for a new electronics factory. It was finally decided, though never proved, that the extremely high cancer rate in the neighboring community of Bruce Lake Estates was most likely being caused by ground water pollution with the fulminate of mercury and other chemicals that had been dumped on the site over many years. Bruce Lake Estates was not on a municipal water system and still had individual wells on each property.

Anyway, the color of the fulminate of mercury in water was the same shade of orangish red as that in the Yangtze river.

Hopefully that is not the case with this pollution problem as the fulminate of mercury is extremely toxic.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

1. Plague of blood : Ex. 7:14–25
This is what the LORD says: By this you will know that I am the LORD: With the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood. The fish in the Nile will die, and the river will stink and thus the Egyptians will not be able to drink its water.

SOON! THE SEALS WILL BE OPENED...ALL THESE EVENTS HAPPENING WORLDWIDE, ARE WARNING'S!

First Seal: The Conqueror "Revelation Ch. 6"

Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals;[a] and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, “Come and see.” 2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Second Seal: Conflict on Earth

3 When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come and see.” 4 Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.

Third Seal: Scarcity on Earth

5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart[c] of wheat for a denarius,[d] and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”

Fourth Seal: Widespread Death on Earth

7 When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see.” 8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

Fifth Seal: The Cry of the Martyrs

9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?” 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

Sixth Seal: Cosmic Disturbances

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold,[e] there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon[f] became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders,[g] the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb! 17 For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Having traveled in China I can say it is the most chemicaly polluted place I have ever seen, Many places on earth are soaked in human waste but Urban China Mainland is something you must see to understand. The air can be tasted. On one trip I stayed in a Hotel President Richard Nixon used, and the best in a city of 10 million yet you had to close your mouth when showering. Westererners have no idea how bad it is. Red water, no big deal.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Don't worry about the color, I am sure China is flushing their true colors, if not, than I am sure mother earth is having her monthly and it will all go away in a weeks time.... Its not the end of Yangtze River.
lets worry about how China is treating its people and the earthquakes in the south west of China.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I was reading there was earthquake activity in China...but in the Yunnan province.

I don't think the Yangtze is near there.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It is probably pollution due to the capitalist takeover of China.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Wisdom1111

Great catch!
I don't understand why that was done. I guess they just wanted to spread their faces.
It doesn't mean that the river didn't turn red.

The source of that photo is a "pay per image" site in China of questionable ethics. I'm sure the actual photo wasn't as red as the one posted so they decided to spice it up a little. I'm sure they got more traffic on their site in the last week than the previous two years combined.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I don't think the pouring out of the "bowls" mentions frogs!

What's scary is I thought I read "pouring out of the BOWELS"
That's a scary picture man

Francisco Franco used Alum, a laxative, and gave wayyyyy too much of it to POWs as a form of torture.

I don't believe it's redish anything from rocks, it's too widespread to be that

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I don't think the pouring out of the "bowls" mentions frogs!

What's scary is I thought I read "pouring out of the BOWELS"
That's a scary picture man

Francisco Franco used Alum, a laxative, and gave wayyyyy too much of it to POWs as a form of torture.

I don't believe it's redish anything from rocks, it's too widespread to be that

Well if they drink this stuff i think your Bowels is closer to the truth!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by RussianScientists

I was reading there was earthquake activity in China...but in the Yunnan province.

I don't think the Yangtze is near there.

A stretch of the Yangtze flowing through deep gorges in western Yunnan

en.wikipedia.org...

The river is so long it seems to pretty much be everywhere!
It flows for 6,418 kilometres (3,988 mi) from the glaciers on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau in Qinghai eastward across southwest, central and eastern China before emptying into the East China Sea at Shanghai. It is also one of the biggest rivers by discharge volume in the world. The Yangtze drains one-fifth of the land area of the People's Republic of China (PRC) and its river basin is home to one-third of the PRC's population.[6

edit on 10-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Haha, pretty accurate for crap.

Funny isnt it?
edit on 10-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Yeah Yunnan is one of China's most southern provinces. I believe the Yangtze makes up it's northern border with the province of Sichaun. So the part about your theory of earthquakes happening in Yunnan might be true. I've always wanted to visit Yunnan. I think it translates as above the clouds or always in the clouds. It's tropical and always covered in a dense layer of fog and clouds. The Province also has it's own indigenous cultures there that are protected by the chinese govt.

Sichaun, don't even get me started on that province. it could be china's most interesting province of them all history and culture wise. Wouldn't mind climbing Mt. Omei one day.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Volcanic activity does makes sense. If I had the engery, I would look up several other recent yahoo news posts regarding suspected volcanic activity in different areas of the world just in the past week. There seems to be a lot of things being linked to volcanic activty. Let's see what they come up with regarding the cause of the red waters of the Yangtze River.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
It would need absolutely massive amounts of any chemical to show up that red/orange in all that water. The image of the man with his bottle of red water is interesting and I wonder if it settles out like iron oxide would or if it is like dye or something. From the air, I think it should be fairly easy to see where the red colour starts and which factories etc are in that area and have outflows into the river. Being in China, I will see what I can dig up in the press, there should be something somewhere about it.

Are we sure it is not a hoax with someone colouring the photos? I guess after 4 pages, someone would have checked that out. :-)
Q

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just to say, this thread is very tight with the theories, the earthquake theory is plausible as the Yangtze River begins right at one of Chinas biggest earthquake zones, however it has been proven that the river (nearer Shanghai) has been polluted red before.

I still say pollution and if a large earthquake hasn't happened by Dec/Jan time then I'm presuming myself correct

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
word is that it was a photo of the polluted river, and someone added red with their Photoshop to the already-coloured yellow water in the image. Thats what I have managed to find out from here anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Sea of azov turns red thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

Camargue in southern France

Beiruit river

Texas Lake

Texas river * actually from hog blood from a meat packing plant dumping directly into the river"

even stranger
Olkhovka river in Russia begins to boil, causing yet another environmental disaster.

No one knew what caused the phenomenon, but the fact is that the river ecosystem was severely affected, causing the death of thousands of fish lying on the banks.

"The water is really hot. The shore of the river is littered with dead fish," a Professor from a local university said.

Something is definitely amiss here

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join