It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yangtze River Turns Red and Turns Up a Mystery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Not pollution !
2000 yrs ago there was no pollution that could drive all the water in the river red
the underground volcanic activity is the only explanation
saying the water is blood can be a metaphore caused by the omen
every big earthquakes can make the blood of the victims flow in the nearby rivers
edit on 9/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Please read the article I posted mate.

The Han River is miles away from the epicenter of the 2008 earthquake, the rivers apparently turned red in February when the earthquake took place in May also. Can't rule out a direct connection I guess but it's highly doubtful given the geography. Anyway, to be sure, I say we have about 3 months to wait for an earthquake, given the timeline of previous events

en.wikipedia.org...

Also, what's 2000 years got to do with anything?

edit on 8-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I believe your are on the right track Char-Lee. The M5.6 took place on the same day as the water turned red.

The water turned red about 200 miles to the west of where the M5.6 earthquake took place.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This actually happened in China not even 2 years ago. It was determined to be red dye waste from a local textile mill. Are there any clothing factories in the area? Considering it's China I think that is the more likely explanation. That's what happens when there are no rules on where you can dump stuff. Hey, maybe we should do that here lol. Might make things more colorful.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
First thing I thought was that it could be caused by the earthquake? The timing could point to it being the most likely explanation.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Says it right there on the article.. "Largest commercial and industrial cernter".

One guess where it came from..

Someone is just dropping their waste into the river.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by Ben81

Says it right there on the article.. "Largest commercial and industrial cernter".

One guess where it came from..

Someone is just dropping their waste into the river.

nah i dont believe that
unless it was intentionaly done on purpose
to make it look like a religious omen from the 7 plagues of Egypt
but then how would you explain the old texts when people saw the water turn red ?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Sand?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

..Why not? It has happened several times in China, last time it happened they found the cause to be sewage and waste from nearby industries that were dumped into the river.. China doesnt have regulations like we do that force you to find a "safe" way to dump waste.

The stories, yes STORIES that you read from the Bible are not proof of anything other then ancient mans narrowed point of view. They called it blood because to them, it looked like blood.. However today in the modern world where knowledge trumps supernatural beliefs(well sometimes..) we know that the cause for such phenomenon is due to soil, earthquakes releasing gas/sediment,micro organisms, illegal dumping and many many other things. You dont honestly believe that this is some start to the deadly plagues do you...? I surely hope your not that simple minded.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

yes, it is a possibly that its the red dye from the nike factory mass producing tiger woods golf shirts.

lets face it, 25 cents an hour for slave labour doesn't leave much wiggle room for proper industrial storage and clean up.

or now we know what obamas been up to.

on a serious note, the third largest river in the world turns red, no one knows why, and yet no one is concerned.

the river is normally brown. the amount of dye released to turn stained water red would have to be in the millions of barrels.

and all the msm can droll out is the same 3 paragraph ap/reuters article.
edit on 8-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I wonder if any type of algae has made itself present
and due to weather or other favorable conditions have multiplied exponentially

But to me it does look like pollution but who knows. I hope the WHO figures this one out!
It reminds me of the movie Sahara.....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Is there red clay in the area, that would explain it the clay washing in to the river after huge rain falls. For it to be industrial waste it would have to be a huge amount. And that would not be hard to find the outlet.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It's China. That's really all I have to say.. the fact that it's concentrated in an industrial area should be clue enough that some factory is probably dumping some form of pollutant into the water.

I'd always assume any river in China is unsafe to stand by, let alone drink or eat from.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Surely they would have analyzed the water by now??

I doubt it is the apocalypse.........We would have to have yellow balls and fish drop from the sky....then tar balls wash up on the shore from the sea.....but That will Never happen!!!

So, Everything is Ok.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

You know those all just happened right?

Tar balls always wash up on the beach in Florida...really gross.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Sounds like something unearthed a Molybdenum deposit. That happens on the Red River here in the USA. Molybdenum isn't too bad for the environment. It could be some uncovered piles of the molybdenum that they bought from the businesses in America for whatever got rained on. They use molybdenum for chelating the sulfer out of diesel also.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I am very interested in what you say.
I have always wondered why it's called the red river.
That metal you speak of does not rust unless it's heated to over 2000 degrees and is not that common on the red according to the useless wiki. it is metallic in color.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

I'd also think it would have to be red clay that's making the water turn red, simply because of the amount of red in the water.

I did see well water turn a dark brown rusty color one time, and that was about the last three weeks before the San Francisco earthquake of 1989. The water stained the plumbing fixtures a dark brown rusty color.

Right after the earthquake occurred, the water residue started staining the plumbing fixtures a green color for several months, and then the water was back to normal... no stains on the plumbing fixtures.

The plumbing fixtures that I'm reffering to were the metal drains at the bottom of the sinks in the house, and the metal drain fixture at the bottom of the shower tub. These had to be shined back up several times during that period of time to get the dark brown coatings off, and then the light green coatings off.
edit on 8-9-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It might be something like this:

Major factors influencing red tide events include warm ocean surface temperatures, low salinity, high nutrient content, calm seas, and rain followed by sunny days during the summer months. In addition, algae related to red tide can spread or be carried long distances by winds, currents, storms, or ships.

serc.carleton.edu...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Like others, I'm not overly religious myself but I did pass my end times test for being a member of ATS.

.....and the rivers turned to blood.

Now it's all probably just coincidence, but it's starting to strike me just how many times I'm having to use those words just recently on things occurring in the world that just seem the oddest timing for coming around the same time.

Now if there were a sudden attack from the North against a small little.....oh nvm... It's all just coincidence, I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I am most intrigued by Revelations in the bible

Revelation 8:8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood,

Think of all the dead sea creatures washing up on land recently.

Revelation 16:3 The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead man, and every living thing in the sea died.

Ok..

Revelation 16:4 The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood.

If Yellowstone goes off soon I'm going to flip

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join