It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yangtze River Turns Red and Turns Up a Mystery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

gma.yahoo.com

For a river known as the "golden watercourse," red is a strange color to see.

Yet that's the shade turning up in the Yangtze River and officials have no idea why.

The red began appearing in the Yangtze, the longest and largest river in China and the third longest river in the world, yesterday near the city of Chongquing, where the Yangtze connects to the Jialin River.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
How many rivers has turned red recently ?
i dont know but i think this is the third article i see
about the water turning red somewhere
that could mean one thing .. its coming from underground
unless they disover the hole but it could be anywhere
to turn a huge river red like that
only a special gas and mineral when they are mixed together in the water ..
that could make a red color.. of course people in the old time didnt know about that
they associated red with blood and though it was real blood

Its more like a bad omen
i wonder if this water is toxic

my guts tell me yes it is !

they should be able to find that out with the modern science
it would explain why many people can turn sick ..
like a black plague and you become very ill if you drink it
could also kill the plants around when it will rain
and anywhere that red water goes .. it will contaminate everything on its path

The Yangtze, called "golden" because of the heavy rainfall it receives year-round, runs through Chongqing, Southwest China's largest industrial and commercial center, also known as the "mountain city" because of the hills and peaks upon which its many buildings and factories stand.

The red color stopped some residents in their tracks. They put water from the river in bottles to save it. Fishermen and other workers who rely on the river for income kept going about their business, according to the UK's Daily Mail.

While the river's red coloring was most pronounced near Chongqing it was also reported at several other points.

Officials are reportedly investigating the cause.

Maybe thats the big reason why there is so many dead fish and birds

gma.yahoo.com
edit on 9/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Nice find Ben.

We have a small stream out back and it´s filled with ground water. Because of the amount of iron in the ground it rusts and it has the same color as the Yangtze seems to have....

source pictures

Very strange indeed!

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I wonder if something like this is responsible?

news.travel.aol.com...

The phenomenon was caused by high levels of rain washing red-colored sediment from rocks into the water.

And...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 8-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There is a thread currently up about this same topic. This has happened years earlier in China, and the red color of the water was found to be leaked industrial and/or sewage waste.

factsanddetails.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Damn .. disgusting !
it look like tomato juice

i wouldnt drink that water even if im very thirsty
im not a doc .. but im curious to know what happen if you have to much iron in you ?
how sick can you be ??

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This is what the LORD says: By this you will know that I am the LORD: With the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood. The fish in the Nile will die, and the river will stink and thus the Egyptians will not be able to drink its water. ”

— Exodus 7:17–18

I'm NOT religious... just saying, if we're going to see a plague of frogs in the near time, I'd start to get worried

On a serious note.... could this be cause by earthquakes? Loosening the soil and realising it into water?
edit on 8/9/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think i'm gonna try to hold on to what little sanity i have left and say that it's not blood red in color it's rust orange.

If my mind keeps reverting back to the blood red color then i will just adjust the color settings on my monitor.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by Ben81

I wonder if something like this is responsible?

news.travel.aol.com...

The phenomenon was caused by high levels of rain washing red-colored sediment from rocks into the water.

And...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 8-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

If it were sediment of this type it would happen on a regular basis during heavy rainfall the same would be true of iron.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

This is what the LORD says: By this you will know that I am the LORD: With the staff that is in my hand I will strike the water of the Nile, and it will be changed into blood. The fish in the Nile will die, and the river will stink and thus the Egyptians will not be able to drink its water. ”

I'm NOT religious... just saying, if we're going to see a plague of frogs in the near time, I'd start to get worried

On a serious note.... could this be cause by earthquakes? Loosening the soil and realising it into water?

I don't think the pouring out of the "bowls" mentions frogs!

The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead man, and every living thing in the sea died.
bible.cc...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

About one third of the industrial waste water and more than 90 percent of household sewage in China is released into rivers and lakes without being treated. Nearly 80 percent of China's cities (278 of them) have no sewage treatment facilities and few have plans to build any and underground water supplies in 90 percent of the cites are contaminated.

WATER POLLUTION IN CHINA

Sad.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by flice

I don't think the pouring out of the "bowls" mentions frogs!

The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead man, and every living thing in the sea died.
bible.cc...

Sorry I should have been specific
was quoting the biblical plagues on Egypt.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

gma.yahoo.com

Yet that's the shade turning up in the Yangtze River and officials have no idea why.

The red began appearing in the Yangtze, the longest and largest river in China and the third longest river in the world, yesterday near the city of Chongquing, where the Yangtze connects to the Jialin River.

That's a lot of red water.

I'd suspect that it means that some earthquakes in the magnitude M6 range will strike lower down the ring of fire from this area in China within a week to a month-and-a-half, with possibly an M7+ earthquake also.

Suspected distance from the source of where the red water is coming from to where the earthquakes will strike might well be around 2000 miles or more to the south along the Ring of Fire.

After the water turned red at the following location in Alberta, Canada at the very end of August 2010

news.travel.aol.com...

three earthquakes of M6 or greater struck in one area along the Andreanof Islands of Alaska; possibly a linked area.

A 6.3 earthquake struck the Andreanof Islands, Alaska on September 3.
A 6.1 earthquake struck the Andreanof Islands, Alaska, on October 8.
A 6.4 earthquake struck the Andreanof Islands, Alaska, on October 8.

I theorize the same similar thing could soon happen for this new circumstance.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

That is one hell of an observation there RS.

Guess we´ll see what happens, I´ll be checking USGS for sure.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Was there not something in the book of revelations about the rivers running red?
edit on 8-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

My understanding is even the sediment explanation is a rare event.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Was there not something in the book of revelations about the rivers running red?
edit on 8-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

I was wondering how long it would be before someone mentioned that crap

It's pollution, it can't really be anything else.

Although the earthquake theory sounds interesting, there's an article from 2008 describing how pollution has turned the rivers red. It has happened before

Water supplies to about 200,000 people in central China have been contaminated by pollution, which has turned branches of a major river system red.

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 8-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Not pollution !
2000 yrs ago there was no pollution that could drive all the water in the river red
the underground volcanic activity is the only explanation
saying the water is blood can be a metaphore caused by the omen
every big earthquakes can make the blood of the victims flow in the nearby rivers

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Not pollution !

We'll see

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

gma.yahoo.com

That's a lot of red water.

I'd suspect that it means that some earthquakes in the magnitude M6 range will strike lower down the ring of fire from this area in China within a week to a month-and-a-half, with possibly an M7+ earthquake also.

Suspected distance from the source of where the red water is coming from to where the earthquakes will strike might well be around 2000 miles or more to the south along the Ring of Fire.

After the water turned red at the following location in Alberta, Canada at the very end of August 2010

news.travel.aol.com...

three earthquakes of M6 or greater struck in one area along the Andreanof Islands of Alaska; possibly a linked area.

A 6.3 earthquake struck the Andreanof Islands, Alaska on September 3.
A 6.1 earthquake struck the Andreanof Islands, Alaska, on October 8.
A 6.4 earthquake struck the Andreanof Islands, Alaska, on October 8.

I theorize the same similar thing could soon happen for this new circumstance.

Well that would explain it very well imo, the quakes that just happened, could be responsible already.

Zhang Junwei, a spokesman for the Yunnan Seismological Bureau, said by telephone Saturday that 80 people had died and 821 others had been injured.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join