It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Moderators, People that Like Me and People that Hate Me, Thank You ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Just an older poster here. An old guy who still has opinions that are his own. Here it is 11:00 on a Friday, I don't watch television and like my quiet time. ATS provides a place to meet others and have intelligent (and non-intelligent) conversations. I don't know how much the owners of the site made last year; but, I doubt they ever expected to make any and were willing to make none. I thank the moderators for their dedication and the serious manner in which they concern themselves with trying to ensure free speech while keeping it relatively civil. All disagreements can get ugly for a moment.

I want to thank the members of ATS for having an opinion, even one different from my own and having the courage to present it and live with the consequences. No flags and no stars, just wanted to say that I appreciate this place, much better than going to a bar or a club.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The mods take alot of flak but its easy for us to sideline and point out every falsity. For that I say kudos.
Some crap makes it through but what do we expect? If everything were to be moderated (untruths deleted) then what's the point of communicating at all?
edit on 8-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You're very welcome. Thank you for your gratitude, and thank you for your input. Sometimes, we have to be reminded we're talking to real people, with real ideas and real emotions. We need that 'reality traffic'. And we need a little positivity to break the wall stopping that traffic. Something to make us stop and think.

Way to get the job done. s&f... I would do more, but that's all I can give you. We have our differences, but I like to think we have even more in common. Same for the mods, too! You get painted in bad-guy colors a lot, but where would we be without you?

edit on 8-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
after infinity has a point ..

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It never hurts to show appreciation, and that's something I feel I forget to do as often as I should. So thanks to everyone involved here, from the owners to the worker bee mods, to the members who inform and enlighten, and cause us to think.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Dear AfterInfinity,

LOL, I get painted in a bad light often, oh well, my words are my own and anyone can read my profile, go back and read my posts and ask themselves if I have consistently called for pacifism and love. That does not mean that I am not allowed to disagree with things; but, I have always called for love and peace. I will not be specific about what I do; but, I am always irritated when people in my industry meet me for the first time and already have an opinion about me. If one disagrees with my opinion, I would hope that they at least understand that I say what I mean and then ask me for clarification rather than filling in the blanks with Christians who are insane and don't even know their own bible. I do not require that anyone agree with me and I appreciate the fact that I can say what I believe her as long as I follow the T&Cs (I failed once or twice, my posts got deleted and should have been).

I have had a couple of people ask me why I bother writing on ATS when I have my own site. Firstly, I get bored reading my own posts and love to be challenged. Secondly, I like the fact that unlike other sites, we are kept within a certain degree of decorum and that simple one word posts are not allowed. Each day I read as much news as possible, I am looking for my post on my site for the night. I keep ATS up and the members are always scouring the web for interesting news, things not highlighted by the mainstream media. If it were not for ATS, I would have nothing to amuse myself with and inform myself with and be challenged by. That should be our lives, amused, informed and challenged. I think it is great that I found ATS and a place to do that. Peace.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The "bad light" thing was for the mods actually, but it can apply to anyone who has been on ATS long enough to disagree with someone. About an average of two weeks, I think. Depending on how active the member is.

You know, I am who I am. And while I consider myself useful, a lot of times I come across as callous, judgmental, pushy, opinionated, ignorant, and a whole slew of other stuff. But I'm human: I like to be recognized for the stuff I get right as much as the stuff I get wrong. There's times I need a slap on the wrist, times I need a hug, and times I just need someone to punch in the face.

And I see that in other people too. As much as I'm convinced I'm right, others are convinced they are too. And in many ways, we're all right. In many ways, we have good reasons for what we believe, and we have many reasons for disagreeing with other people. But we don't have to let those differences define us. I feel that way, and I think we should all feel that way. I know, I know...I just said we all disagree for good reasons. But there's no good reason to start wars over a difference when there's twelve perfectly good reasons to get along.

My belief is that we should all remember this, and keep this in mind no matter where we are or what we're doing. As good a reason as we may have to fight, there's always a better reason to get along. And being thankful really brings out every one of those reasons to get along and have fun.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Not accusing you of anything here but your op title is ltteraly almost exactly a cliffs notes of a post I made in this thread, mere hours before you made this thread, are they related?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If so, no problems, I agree totally, if not, wow coincedence, great minds think alike.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Dear inverselyproportional,

I had not read your thread. My thread was really the result of some things that were going on yesterday. Peace.

new topics

top topics

join