It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want a conspiracy, you have to wonder if the DNC is TRYING to lose this thing.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NosmoKing

what a bunch of meaningless tripe! and just what are the republicans doing?

yes, it's a duopoly with both choices vetted by tptb. like the paul poster says, you had your chance for real change, america. enjoy your wars and economic collapse. there really never was a chance, though, not for a long time.

at least the dems look warm blooded. the gop affair was a display of jackbooted thuggery in which the rules were repeatedly rewritten on the spot to suppress duly elected paul delegates. when boehner read the pre-writtten response to the floor vote, he clearly demonstrated the party's total disregard for fair play, honesty or integrity.

romney ain't going nowhere--he's a wooden, out-of-touch joke of a candidate who never met a position he couldn't change for expediency. and with unlimited spending, the gop has become the poodle of the koch brothers. the plan is to squeeze the life out of the middle and lower classes to pay for wars and banker bailouts, but romney has made one blunder after another to the point that even the weather wouldn't cooperate. and they made some real enemies in tampa!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I really don't think you and I are watching the same conventions. I was watching the Republican Convention thinking how aggressive, isolationist and hateful it was... then I saw the Democratic speakers and thought how much more uplifting and inclusive they were. As far as I am concerned, any woman who votes republican this year is mind-blowing to me ... we talk down about the people in the Middle East who vote in the very people we see in the news who are converting their countries to religion-dominated theocracies.... then we see women voting in republicans who want nothing more than to limit their rights and stick their hands (figureatively of course) into their reproductive organs and tell them what they can and cannot do with their own bodies..

Until 2008, I voted the majority of the time on the republican side of things but as Fmr Govenor Crist said in his speech, the Republican Party left me .. I did not leave the Republican Party.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, for what it is worth, here is MY opinion as to why Dems may be trying to throw the election. I have had this sneaky feeling for a while now that obama was an "experiment", that the PTB put into place.

It goes like this: Let's put a black into office. Let's get it over with so that afterwards we can go on with biz as usual once it';s over. So they choose the laziest, most inexperienced, most least qualified one that they can find, who can also at least "sound" presidential. Then it would be a long long time before people will want to try that experiement again. American people will never forget the damage he has done in 4 short years, TPTB can continue on with status quo (namely old white puppet men in the People's House) . Subconsiously people will equate a black man in the People's House as a very bad expereince and not want it again anytime soon.

Same thing would have happened had this been a woman.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

"Pander to the Muslim vote?!". You've got to be kidding me...first off, their population percentage is tiny, second, they don't lean overly Republican (probably lean Dem) - if every Muslim voted either way, it wouldn't change a single state.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Maybe it's just me, but I thought they were both, reps and dems, trying to throw the election. I can't remember a time when I have heard more stupidity from both parties. It's almost like they are trying to force everyone to vote for Gary Johnson or do a Ron Paul write-in because they know what's coming and don't want to catch that hot potato. Would you take a job when you knew that you were pretty much 100% guaranteed to fail and all the "town folk" will want your head on a pike?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2
Well, for what it is worth, here is MY opinion as to why Dems may be trying to throw the election. I have had this sneaky feeling for a while now that obama was an "experiment", that the PTB put into place.

It goes like this: Let's put a black into office. Let's get it over with so that afterwards we can go on with biz as usual once it';s over. So they choose the laziest, most inexperienced, most least qualified one that they can find, who can also at least "sound" presidential. Then it would be a long long time before people will want to try that experiement again. American people will never forget the damage he has done in 4 short years, TPTB can continue on with status quo (namely old white puppet men in the People's House) . Subconsiously people will equate a black man in the People's House as a very bad expereince and not want it again anytime soon.

Same thing would have happened had this been a woman.

Nice theory, and while I choose Dem over Rep usually with the crappy choices we're given, I do so only because Reps are proponents of social control, and Dems benefit my pocketbook more usually, with a household income of about $150k - your theory doesn't fit though. When he came into office, the stock market stood at about 6500, we were losing 700-800,000 jobs monthly, and the debt to GDP ratio was on target to hit around 120% by 2013. Now, we're gaining jobs (not as fast as we'd like), the stock market more than doubled (and so did everyone's retirement savings who weren't the stupids pulling it out after the crash), and the Debt to GDP ratio began a decline around 103%. Where's this huge failure? We were on the brink of total collapse, and now we're a good way back down the road to good times again. As I've said before, anyone who expected full recovery in 3 1/2 years was insane. If we make a full recovery by 2018, it'll be considered a huge win by the few of us who were actually paying attention to what was happening, instead of getting caught up in the b.s.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

Well, I could just as easily argue with the facts that show the failures, such as the worst unemployment rate in 50 years, (I think) and 16TRILLION dollars in debt, America's downgraded credit rating, etc etc etc. But that is not what I was referring to.

I was talking about the devisivesness he has caused in the nation, and the poor standing in the world with all of his anti-American stuff. How his obvious hatred for whites has caused MORE race problems. How his secreitiveness has caused people to not trust the office of the president. Look beyond the bigger picture, look at the damage done to the very ideals and thoughts he has done, that many Americans hold dear and near. Have you not noticed how dissillusioned people are? We want a president who is as proud of America as we are, not one who hates her.

Now if you think it's a good thing to degrade America, and all she stands for that is good, then I have nothing more to say to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join