Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

If you want a conspiracy, you have to wonder if the DNC is TRYING to lose this thing.

page: 1
10
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Seriously. Their convention is becoming a complete circus.



  • They move the convention to another venue because of "weather concerns"... but the weather threat is practically 0%. So OBVIOUSLY it couldn't be they're cutting out 65k capacity for fear of low turn out right?
    DNC Move Convention
  • They're getting irrational in their divisive and fear mongering statements. Things like:

    • In response to the "vote" to put God and Jerusalem back into the DNC platform:

      Here are a couple of the offensive comments made by the Palm Beach Democratic Chairman:

      “I’m Jewish, I’m not a fan of any other religion than Judaism.”

      “The worst possible allies for the Jewish state are the fundamentalist Christians who want Jews to die and convert so they can bring on the second coming of their Lord.”

      Link
    • Racial plays and obvious attempts to show a race baiting mentality like "Vote Black" pins, and busing in black church members and students to fill the seats and to "rally the troops".

      The Democrats will try to bus in enough people to fill the 74,000-seat stadium in Charlotte for President Obama’s speech Thursday night. It’s a big comedown from four years ago when Obama easily drew a capacity crowd to a Denver stadium seating 84,000.

      Link
      *NOTE TO ADD: See item 1 for why this now probably isn't needed though right?
      Once You Vote Black, You Never Go Back

  • And now we have the crazy DNC Platform debacle that has turned the whole thing into a utter mess. First they omit "God" and "Jerusalem" as the capital city from their Party Platform. This is goofy enough as it is because it's all an effort to vote pander to the LGBT community and the Muslim vote.

    But because the outcry from... well, the majority of actual voters, they decide to FORCE the ammendment through, regardless of the actual "vote" results:

    • Anderson Cooper notes they're in an "alternate universe" Link

    • Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., the party chairman, said both the God and Jerusalem omissions were "essentially a technical oversight." She insisted in a CNN interview there had been no discord on the floor and said the vote definitely met the two-thirds threshold.
      Link
      I guess she means no discord OTHER than the very audble split in the vote? Video of the farce
      And worse, the photo evidence that the "vote" was predetermined via teleprompter... good greif





All of this combined makes you start to wonder... what the hell is going on down there?

I seriously think they either COMPLETELY out of synch, or COMPLETELY trying to throw the damn election.

For the tinfoil hat crowd, I'd start to wonder if Romney has already been anointed by TPTB, and now the DNC is just trying to make sure there is no civil discourse like the 2000 elections (a la Gore v/s Bush - Florida).

Either that, or the DNC is just flailing around because all their progressive policies and ideals have had their finest hour and it's lead to nothing but broken promises, half truths, and general unrest among the people.

I'll let you decide - but I'm guessing you're going to go with the one that makes it easier to sleep at night depending on how you lean politically.
edit on 6-9-2012 by gncnew because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Did you watch the same Republican & DemocratIc
Conventions ? 2012 right? That's an odd assessment .
You felt like the Dems are just throwing in the towel?
Is that wishful thinking?



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


"you have to wonder if the DNC is TRYING to lose this thing"

WOW, I have been saying that for months.

There have been some really wild things said and done way before the convention.

About the vote, I think the nays had it, but there was not two thirds, weird stuff.
edit on 103030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing
 


This situation is not odd if both parties are one in the same and are just two different extension of an secretive overlord


2nd
edit on 6-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Did you watch the same Republican & DemocratIc
Conventions ? 2012 right? That's an odd assessment .
You felt like the Dems are just throwing in the towel?
Is that wishful thinking?


I have no idea what they're doing... sadly, I don't think they do either anymore...

Honestly, I'm just confused at what they're up to.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
They are going to have work much much harder to throw this election. Honestly I can not see anyway they lose it.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by sealing
 


This situation is not odd if both parties are one in the same and are just two different extension of an secretive overlord


2nd
edit on 6-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)


At some level they may be, there is no denying that the actual people we see are NOT on the same team in any way shape or form.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by sealing
Did you watch the same Republican & DemocratIc
Conventions ? 2012 right? That's an odd assessment .
You felt like the Dems are just throwing in the towel?
Is that wishful thinking?


I have no idea what they're doing... sadly, I don't think they do either anymore...

Honestly, I'm just confused at what they're up to.


Well that's fair. Every frickin thing is odd now and days.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think you are waaaay off in your assessment.

Aside from the dumb-founding platform screw up, it's roundly held among pundits and analysts that the DNC far and away out performs the RNC. The optics and message are way more energetic and compelling than Tampa, which clearly was the right city to host that event as it was such a low-speed snoozer - more like a retirement community social.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


You know reading The Blaze is like a short cut to thinking. they give you your agenda, slant and conclusion you might never reach without your ConserviCon beer goggles.
Right next an article that says Michelle O admits defeat & Dick Durbin is godless, here I thought the days of calling Americans "godless communists" was over but welcome to the Republican Party turn your clocks back 70 years & the only place Glenn Beck could be a Superstar.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


Or maybe, as I have asserted from the beginning, the Obama 'behind-the-scenes' machine is barely functional and in over its head.

Have you read the newest excerpts from Woodward's book about Obama and his team?

Bob Woodward Book: Debt Deal Collapse Led to 'Pure Fury' From President Obama

And...

Woodward book chronicles Obama’s fiscal policy battle with congressional Republicans

I think it reveals much about how bad at this they are.

edit on 6-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Did you watch the same Republican & DemocratIc
Conventions ? 2012 right? That's an odd assessment .
You felt like the Dems are just throwing in the towel?
Is that wishful thinking?



I was pleased with the unity and uplifting atmosphere of the RNC. I watched the DNC and laughed and laughed at the disunity and mayhem. The DNC chairwomen herself is single handedly destroying Obama with all of her constant lying for which she is being called out on. Beautiful beautiful.

Now Tonight they plan to introduce Obama like some messiah on the stage with stained glass and all. What a real joke.

But I think the one real telltale sign is all the disaffected women voters out there that vote with their pocketbooks and family in mind. Unemployed husbands will not win you the women vote.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius
 




Yeah, Blaze is the new Breitbart, which is now just even more sad, if that was possible.

It's just fascinating to watch the commentary from the two political camps comparing the two conventions...it's like a freaking parallel universe or something.
edit on 9/6/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
They are going to have work much much harder to throw this election. Honestly I can not see anyway they lose it.


Really? I've felt for the last couple of months that it's going to be a landslide for Romney.

I dont encompass the whole population, but my wife (life long bleeding heart liberal, and proud of it) won't vote for him again, and I voted last election for him but won't be doing it again.

I don't know a single McCain voter who's going to NOW vote for him, but I do now several other previous Obama voters that are NOT voting for him this Nov...



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew
 


These two conventions have been the most awfully presented things I have ever seen. It seems that they are both still trying to outdo one another, but this time by saying, "we had the weirder convention than you."

Granted, I haven’t attended either, but I do live stream them as background during my day as I putter about.

The gaffes and lies that both sides spew are astounding, and it irritates me that people are eating them up.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
I think you are waaaay off in your assessment.

Aside from the dumb-founding platform screw up, it's roundly held among pundits and analysts that the DNC far and away out performs the RNC. The optics and message are way more energetic and compelling than Tampa, which clearly was the right city to host that event as it was such a low-speed snoozer - more like a retirement community social.


Image is everything - but I think that it appeals to a much less "active" populace. The younger generation isn't very active in the polls - and Obama was fresh and cool in '08... not as much any more.

Lots of promises, and those kids that voted for him 4 years ago, are now out of college and can't get jobs...

meh, maybe I'm way off, but I think they're in a LOT of trouble... hence the insane jump in their 'crazy' rhetoric.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
reply to post by gncnew
 


You know reading The Blaze is like a short cut to thinking. they give you your agenda, slant and conclusion you might never reach without your ConserviCon beer goggles.
Right next an article that says Michelle O admits defeat & Dick Durbin is godless, here I thought the days of calling Americans "godless communists" was over but welcome to the Republican Party turn your clocks back 70 years & the only place Glenn Beck could be a Superstar.


I'm confused what you're post is about OTHER than trying to completely deflect away from the OP.

Glenn Beck is odd, but his "godless communist" comments really are not a whole lot different than the "racist rich" that the DNC is pumping out...

Both are meant to divide and create friction. But this post was about the DNC, and you brought up Glenn Beck. Only thing I think of is how the DNC folks keep avoiding all the questions about their bizarre state of affairs.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by gncnew
 


Or maybe, as I have asserted from the beginning, the Obama 'behind-the-scenes' machine is barely functional and in over its head.

Have you read the newest excerpts from Woodward's book about Obama and his team?

Bob Woodward Book: Debt Deal Collapse Led to 'Pure Fury' From President Obama

And...

Woodward book chronicles Obama’s fiscal policy battle with congressional Republicans

I think it reveals much about how bad at this they are.

edit on 6-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)


I think you may be right, but it's almost TOO much... makes me wonder if it's just "crazy like a fox" or intentional sabotage???



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
reply to post by travisirius
 




Yeah, Blaze is the new Breitbart, which is now just even more sad, if that was possible.

It's just fascinating to watch the commentary from the two political camps comparing the two conventions...it's like a freaking parallel universe or something.
edit on 9/6/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)


THAT is very true... listening to the Rush/Hanity/Beck trifecta go around and pretend like Clint Eastwood's ... speech? was a masterpiece and created a new theme/meme for the RNC is about as tough of a sell as Debbie W-S saying 'there was no discord"...

Only thing going for the RNC - the spin is working because the Dems are all now trying to respond to the "chair" thing... they should have just ignored it like you would any ramblings of a confused old man...

Instead - they've ratified it by response.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
No, the Democrats are not trying to lose the election. They have their candidate, don't have much to do at the DNC and when people get bored...... hilarity will ensue.

The RNC was exciting because they fought among themselves and had to keep changing the rules of the game while they were playing said game. The Republicans left Ron Paul to swing in the wind and we all got to see it on live television.

So if anything, the Dems are just boring.






top topics



 
10
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join