It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just How Truly ‘Pro-Choice’ Is The Democratic Party?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Not so much....... Blatant contradictions and hypocrisy abound!

www.mediaite.com...

When it comes to abortion rights, the Democratic Party is clearly the party of “choice.”

But are they “pro-choice” when it comes to other personal decisions people make in life? Reason TV, the video arm of libertarian Reason magazine, traveled to the Democratic National Convention to find out.

All of the delegates producer Zach Weissmueller interviewed affirmed their belief in a woman’s right to choose to get an abortion. “A woman has a right to choose what to do with her body,” one delegate neatly summed it up.

But what about a woman’s right to choose whether to put large sodas or foods with trans fats into her body? Not quite.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

That is such a good point. This argument is going into my personal toolbox and will be used often to wrench hypocrisy out of the militant pro-choice.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Your point? At least Democrats don't run around screaming about keeping the government out of your life, but then say it's ok to intrude into your bedroom or uterus like the republicans do.

The funny thing about you, people (and I use that term loosely), is that you are more concerned about what's going up a person's rear end, then you are about the person, just like you are more concerned about a clump of cells then the fully formed person.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
when is America going to realize

these people are tyrants?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If they say Obamacare is so great, why can't they live under the laws they pass?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

intrude into your bedroom or uterus like the republicans do.

Just checking here. Are there national laws in place that prevent people from having sex with whomever they want to in their bedrooms?

As far as I know, people can and do sleep around without being harassed or arrested for it.

I was speaking to the bedroom portion of your statement. Anti-abortion laws do intrude into the uterus.

ETA: I just thought of another question.

The funny thing about you, people (and I use that term loosely),

Do you think that Pvt. Hudson is a computer generated entity or an animal?

edit on 6-9-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76

Your point? At least Democrats don't run around screaming about keeping the government out of your life, but then say it's ok to intrude into your bedroom or uterus like the republicans do.

The funny thing about you, people (and I use that term loosely), is that you are more concerned about what's going up a person's rear end, then you are about the person, just like you are more concerned about a clump of cells then the fully formed person.

I'm not a Republican and neither are the people who made this video..........

By the way, Democrats are fine with the government in a woman's uterus, as long as it's in the form of government controlled health care. Also, what about an unborn women? You're fine with killing her off and ignoring her rights? I'm not making a religious argument here, especially since I'm agnostic. I'm making a human rights argument.
edit on 6-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
No you're not. You're making a fetus have more rights than a born person or an adult argument.

Which is the same tired old piece of crap argument that's been going around for decades.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Libertarian sentiment is to be pro-choice on everything and not having these illiberal nannies treat us like we are unable to make decisions. Dems are not liberal on anything except abortion, sex and drugs. If they were truly pro-choice that would also include economic issues and healthcare.

Neither of the big parties are "pro-choice" because they are part of the Government apparatus that feels entitled to judge over everyones elses lives.

The best way to raise "children" is to let them make choices, even bad choices, so that the develop a sense of responsibility. Not possible with these cretinous tyrants.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Libertarian sentiment is to be pro-choice on everything and not having these illiberal nannies treat us like we are unable to make decisions. Dems are not liberal on anything except abortion, sex and drugs. If they were truly pro-choice that would also include economic issues and healthcare.

I agree with the exception of this part:

Libertarian sentiment is to be pro-choice on everything and not having these illiberal nannies treat us like we are unable to make decisions.

As a libertarian, I disagree with late term abortions, where a viable fetus is killed in the womb, then delivered dead.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Sorry but your OP is a complete lie. There is not one place in the US where you cannot eat trans fats or drink a gallon of soda if you want to.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Of course. I absolutely disagree with late term abortion. One should attempt to avoid abortion in most cases. However, early abortion should still be a choice...even if its a bad choice.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Both parties are run and populated by tyrannical prohibitionists.

They simply disagree on where to apply their tyrannical prohibition.

A vote for either party is a vote for tyranny.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Just checking here. Are there national laws in place that prevent people from having sex with whomever they want to in their bedrooms?

There are state laws speaking to such. There are state laws about what kind of sex you can have as well. Oral sex I believe just finally became legal in all 50 states in the last decade.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

There are state laws speaking to such. There are state laws about what kind of sex you can have as well. Oral sex I believe just finally became legal in all 50 states in the last decade.
Seen a lot of arrests on charges related to that?

I don't have any idea about how those Mormons run Utah, but I would be surprised if there are a lot of arrests.

There are laws where you can't give a moose beer in some localities. Dumb Laws But that doesn't mean that anyone is arrested for breaking them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Sorry but your OP is a complete lie. There is not one place in the US where you cannot eat trans fats or drink a gallon of soda if you want to.

There are laws limiting trans fats in foods in NYC.

New York Times

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

New York Times

Those laws apply to establishments that sell food.
You can have all the soda and trans fats you want, even in NYC.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

New York Times

So what you are telling me is that there is a law regulating what kind of fats an establishment that sells food can sell to the public?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Seen a lot of arrests on charges related to that?

A woman was just arrested here a few years ago for having sex with a man that was not her husband. There was even a thread on ATS about it. I was simply responding to a question about laws.

I don't have any idea about how those Mormons run Utah, but I would be surprised if there are a lot of arrests.

There are laws where you can't give a moose beer in some localities. Dumb Laws But that doesn't mean that anyone is arrested for breaking them.

OK, great.
Not sure what your point is.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

New York Times

So what you are telling me is that there is a law regulating what kind of fats an establishment that sells food can sell to the public?

I never said that there were not such laws.
I think you have no idea what you are arguing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join