It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney Accidentally Confronts A Gay Veteran; Awesomeness Ensues

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I see some of you going on about same sex marriage, so I'll post my 2 ¢

I am against same sex marriage, as well as same sex "sex".

That is what I feel, however, who am I to judge?

If "congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" AKA separation of church and state, then why is it not ok for same sex marriage?

You can't say because of religion, so why not?
Why was it ok for me, a white Christan, to marry a Pakistani Muslim?
Why is it ok for a Jew to marry a Christan as well?
Why is it ok for a white man to marry a black woman, or a Mexican to marry a oriental?

If you take out the religion part, it is just unconstitutional discrimination, or am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruthlesstruth

Originally posted by Cuervo

reply to post by longlostbrother

Also there is other anti homosexual verses in the bible other then in the OL. Even Yeshua speaks against homosexuals. lol

As I and probably countless others have already asked... where?

Not that it matters. He could have been the Slayer of Rainbows and I still would say that it has no place dictating laws but... he didn't. He didn't say one damn word about homosexuality.

He explained why men and women get married but that's it. Nothing else I have found that he said even approaches the subject.

So please, for the love of the gods, show us. Or stop saying it.

And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)

Yeshua didn't say Adam and Steve, Yeshua said Adam and Eve.

Now since you wanted to be so righteously ignorant, please say I was right. I don't even care if you don't say sorry besides I don't like someone to apologize to me with words but with actions. We can agree to disagree on our views and that Yahweh IS the ONE true God of Israel and the GREAT "I am"

He also didn't say "Bob and Theresa" or "Rex and Margie"... does that mean only people named "Adam and Eve" can get married? That argument always cracks me up.

I already know about that verse you are talking about and it doesn't say anything about homosexuality. He gave an example of marriage and why men leave their parents.

By your logic, everything addressed to men in the bible does not apply to women. Which means half of the instructions only apply to men.

It seems that Christians only apply pronouns to their dogma when it suits their pet bigotries.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Also, if you look at scripture you will see that Yeshua always talked about a man and a wife, never of that of the same sex. So, if this not enough proof than I don't know what is except for the fact he speaks about Sodom and Gomorrah in his own words explaining them as unclean to Yahweh in my own explanation of the verse, though if you want me to I can quote this too. I must admit, I am happy there are people like you I can make examples of.

I'm happy you feel you are "making an example" out of me. Because, honestly, I don't like to detract people away from their religions. If you are comfortable with your gods then I do not want to dissuade you. It is only when you try to dictate to others based on a moral system that only applies to adherents to your own faith, that I (and others who appreciate equality) will call you out on it.

The simple fact is that if it were an issue at all to Yeshua, he would have mentioned it. And he didn't. Just because he excluded it doesn't mean he disapproved. He talked a lot about how to eat but he never mentioned eating candy while naked. Does that make naked candy eating a sin? No.

In short, even if he did say things specifically about gay marriage, it should never affect the law. But he didn't. So it doesn't even matter.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Pretty much sums up the whole anti-Gay paranoia running through the Repub party.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Church and State should be separate!!! What does a gay couple's marriage take away from a straight couple's marriage? I am not a fan of Obama's but I really believe that anyone is better than Mitt!!! Can someone really be that dumb? He keeps opening his mouth and inserting his foot. I think we are (BLEEPED) no matter who wins! I'm voting anyway!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I am a Christian, I do not have a right to judge anyone. EVERY single AMERICAN should have equal rights, no matter what their race, sex, or sexual orientation! We are suppose to live in a free country!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaidec
I am a Christian, I do not have a right to judge anyone. EVERY single AMERICAN should have equal rights, no matter what their race, sex, or sexual orientation! We are suppose to live in a free country!!

They should have the right to marry. They do. They are not denied any right. They do not have the right to change the meaning of the word marriage. I believe the State should butt out of it, and if a "church" wants to "marry" them, so be it. I have the right to say no, sorry, you aren't married, I do not recognize your marriage. As far as benefits go, they should be able to have the same benefits regardless.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I was thinking, constitutionally, rights are God-given. The bill of rights focuses on freedom of religion and speech. Religious folk are against gay marriage based on principle and religious writings, and atheists who don't have similar principles are for gay marriage. The above a generality.

Without God-given rights, the only rights you have are what the government permits you to have. If you believe your rights are God-given, then that is a higher authority than the government and those rights cannot be aliened. If you believe government is what allows you to have rights, then you should plead for new rights from government. Atheists have no God-given rights, they only have rights permitted legally by government, or are simply subject to whatever entity is more dominant than they.

I am a veteran. There are plenty of veterans who are heroes, and there are plenty that are in prison for committing heinous crimes. Being a veteran doesn't add any credibility to someone's opinion. The opinion of the person in the video is in no way any more credible simply because he was a veteran.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

Not to get too far off topic, but the more the liberal agenda is progressed the more rights we lose, because as you suggest the rights are government granted, not God given. What the government grants, it can take away.

What if I told you Romney thinks the government should be able to detain any American citizen indefinitely without charging them. People would be in an uproar. Well, not only did Obama demand that ability, when the court struck it down recently he appealed and won his fight to detain you, me, and every other US citizen INDEFINITELY.

Let's vote for 4 more years of hope though right?

<< 16  17  18   >>

join