It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our God...The Sun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I found this video on my Facebook page, and it tickled a suspicion I've had for some time now... is our supposed "God" actually the sun? Did the Egyptians and Aztecs have it right?

Remote viewers in the employ of the military have had a high amount of success on missions that are as yet undisclosed to the public. However, their abilities are beyond the reach of skepticism. Ed Dames, a major in the U.S. Military, developed a group of remote viewers who all detected an alarming event in our future...involving the sun.

So, ATS, tell me: if the sun were to release monstrous amounts of solar radiation and magnetic fluxes that overlapped into our little corner of the universe, how would that effect our planet? Would it bring about the disasters described in Revelations? Please understand that I am asking those who have studied the science involved in such an event. All opinions are welcome, but the question is directed to those who can give an actual educated answer.

What do you think? Is the "God" of our world actually the sun? And how would such phenomena affect our planet?

Please keep all discussion civil.
edit on 5-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Nope, I dont think the sun is God... Thats all i have to say really

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Um, yes. Haven't seen all the threads about this over the past few years?
Yeah, we are totally screwed.
One day. Who knows when.

Google underground compounds and see all of the ones being built.
They are pretty expensive.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The sun is a very common star.

However sun worshiping goes all the way back to that ancient Babylonian religion

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think yes,,,. it is,..,,. or at least one of the god of the universes angels,.,. i think it has been the control,, the judgement of all the living on earths history,.,.. perhaps its high energy particles by effecting biological systems determine whether an individual will be rejuvenated by the sun or negatively mutated..,.. but then again who knows,.,..,.,

it is the source of all life,,., it does provide the energy for all life.,,.,. it is the motivator for humans, and in turn all humans can do and have ever done,,.,. our parts were forged in a star,.,,.,. children of the sun,..,,.,
then there is that whole zeitgeist stuff about how the sun is gods son,,. the sun is what jesus represents,..,
edit on 5-9-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well God is "The way, The truth and the light", The sun illuminates the way and in enlightenment or in light we see truth.

The sun is something that has remained constant throughout time and would have been a constant influence upon the past, during ancient times it would have been an extremely amazing phenomenon that could have very well influenced majorly many religions today

As for plagues, floods etc i suppose the sun could be blamed although may not necessarily be at fault.
edit on 5/9/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Link not working for me - but regarding Sun as a God in Ancient Egypt is not the full story
Egyptian religions are a corruption of an original philosophy - part of which still survives in The Hermetica.
This original philosophy did not have gods but believed in a Creator who created the Cosmos and in turn the Sun
Describing the Sun as the Creators grandchild.
The Cosmos being an image of the Creator - The Sun being an image of the Cosmos and Humanity being an image of the Sun - Christianity borrowed this ancient idea as in "Man is made in God's Image"

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Some think it's the Sun why others think it's actually Saturn worship that spawned some of today's religions.
Some of the arguments for both are definitely eye brow raising.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Its about the closest thing apart from invisible men in the sky. I believe the Sun possibly is god. Without it, we simply wouldn't be here. Now the only thing I do not like about it is the Son of god. Does that mean the sun has a son also?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Well without the sun, we wouldn't be here.

It sets time, controls weather, gives life.. So in a way, it is our own little god.

VS

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Many Relgions view the Sun not as God but as a Goddess
Norse she was referred to as Sol, at end times Ragnarök her Sol and Mani (moon) her brother will be eaten by wolves.
The sun was very important to all old religions without the sun, there is no food. Hence why it was worshiped to and given sacrifices.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The sun itself is not the god, it is the habitat of light beings that act as gods on Earth. These beings are called Glow Joe's. They are in an eternal battle with beings of the dark called Dim Jim's.

Freedom of speech, freedom of religion. Gotta love it.
edit on 5-9-2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Believing that our Sun is God is a very basic, primitive religious belief --almost a lazy way to worship something. One of the early advancements in our spirituality is when we learn the truth that we don't need to see something in order to trust it and worship it. That's why when "Aliens" (Fallen Angels) do finally come, many people will believe they are Gods because most people need to see something in order to worship it.

God isn't showing Himself now because Humanity is in the period of the Spiritual Age where we must Trust in He who we cannot see. Learning to see Spiritually is a MAJOR part of all of our Spirituality. When people don't understand this, they get impatient, and it is then they make Graven Images out of Gold, or worship things that are material and can be seen --they make their own material God, instead of God making (developing) that which cannot be seen --our Spirit.

It is learning this type of Patience and Understanding and how materialism befalls the Human Spirit which is part of our current Spirituality Course here on Earth as we ourselves are in human bodies.

This is how Satan again will get us to worship the False Prophet and himself. If just part of Humanity would turn away from the sins of having materialistic Gods, like Images and Idols, this world would be a much better place. Instead of worshipping the Sun, people need to worship He that created that Sun. And instead of teaching our kids NOT to have idols, we're teaching them the exact opposite. We're teaching them that Idolatry is OK, with TV shows like Pop Idol, American Idol, and the like.

Judging by the amount of sadness in the world today, I'd say Humanity isn't passing the current course God is teaching us here on earth.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Science tells us that our neighborhood star is the source of all life in our solar system. The ancients figured this out, so it's easy to see why so many of them elevated the Sun to Godhood. Sun-worship has been a common practice across several civilizations and cultures since Ancient Babylon and Nimrod, who was described as a "mighty hunter" before God. The Bible tells us that what is seen is formed by what is not visible. The Higgs-Boson particle and what little is known about quantum physics seems to confirm this. I think that Nimrod, the origin of Sun-worship, was the carnal counterfeit. When you really think about it, the Sun is really just a bunch of hydrogen atoms burning and bonding together at a subatomic level. There are some who say that the moment of midday darkness that occurred at Jesus's crucifixion was significant in that it was God placing his hand over the sun to show us the power of the Creator over the creation. Killing Jesus Christ was humanity's darkest day - the question is, was this a figurative or literal darkness? Or both.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think some people are prepared to elevate anything but God to the status of God for very strange reasons that if we could fathom them fully would cause us to burst out laughing at our ignorance. We're here, so the sun's friendly, and therefore I doubt it's going to rise up and kill us anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If the Sun was God, that would make me Jesus or something...

In ancient times, the Sun was seen as a deity. Providing Life, providing heat and light. I think that a lot of myths are founded around some sort of sun worshiping or another.

Here is a thread that might be of interest to you:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The sun is not necessarily our God but if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be here.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thanks for the link to Akhenaten topic which I missed
He is one of my very favorite sources of interest
Have bookmarked to read later

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That's because two minutes of logical discourse reduces your thesis to a pile of rubbish. Give me FIVE minutes and I can list twice as many fallacies that you would swear are entirely accurate.

Care to try?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

Believing that our Sun is God is a very basic, primitive religious belief --almost a lazy way to worship something.

As opposed to what? "BELIEVE! BELIEVE! THOU MUST REPENT OR THOU WILT BURN FOREVER IN THE PITS OF FLAMING HELL!!!!"

Is that the wiser alternative? Right.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

Well, see, "God" is like calling our leader the President. It's a term designed to express all of the abilities and duties of the office. When we call the sun a "god", we're putting an anthropomorphic spin on it, which is why it sounds ridiculous when we see its light every day.

Why do you think the Christians did away with that belief? Because they knew how ridiculous it would sound, and how soon their bluff would be called.

The sun is godly. However, our ideas of a "god" are simply whimsical definitions for a much deeper concept. And that deeper concept is solar power. If you aren't sure, think of it this way: what does the sun do for us? And what would happen if the sun suddenly vanished?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join