Our God...The Sun?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The sun is only a tiny infinitesimal part of god, the actual "god" is the universe (heaven) and everything contained in it, including us. We are the universe experiencing itself which means we are god experiencing itself. It's really amazing if you actually "get" it.

The sun is Earths own personal god in a way because without it we would not be here on this planet experiencing this right now. It is Earths very own little messiah, which is why Jesus said "whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but be filled with the light of life", the Romans inserted that quote to merge pagan sun worship with Christianity but it still makes sense in a metaphorical way.

To reach enlightenment you must remember who and what you are. I have no doubt in my mind who and what I am, I am god!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Enlightenment, you know we are on agreement in this matter. I just simplify it for the rest of the people who disagree on the smaller details.

With that said, good post. Star for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There are about 500 billion suns in our galaxy alone, I don't see how one qualifies as God. The important thing to bear in mind however, is the concept of intelligent design involving our earth-moon-sun relationship, a design which has the finger prints of the real God written all over it.

I think it's amuzing how people are so quick to elevate anything but God to God status.. it's weird.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

So just one star out of 500 billion stars proves intelligent design? How did you come up with that idea? What about the other 499 billion stars that don't have our planet or moon? Were they created by accident?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Can't speak to them or their planetary systems since that's in the realm of an unknown.

Close at hand though, are the fingerprints of intelligent design.

Edit: I made an error - it's 500 million for our galaxy alone, not 500 billion, which is a rough estimate of the number of galaxies in the known universe.

Another error: The estimate of galaxies is also about 500 million, not 500 billion.

edit on 6-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I have no doubt in my mind who and what I am, I am god!

I consider myself a child OF God, while spiritually growing ever moreso into God or the Godhead, which is a journey of exploration that goes on and on even to infinity. It's a subtle distinction, but an important one I think for there to be love (between two), instead of isolate consciousness (I am the all-in-all). I think we're like a spark from the flame or a chip off the old old block, who's positioning in creation is great. However I am convinced that there are even greater things in store for the faithful or for those who love God as part of an indespensible I-thou relationship (indespensible for the sake of love).

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So you think out of this enormous universe and out of trillions and trillions of stars and quadrillions of planets that our planet is the only one who could have these coincidences? I'm not attacking, I'm genuinely curious.

I believe that they are just that, coincidences. We are not the only ones with these coincidences, we're probably only one of MANY with these characteristics. You only see it as evidence of a miracle (?) because you are an observer from this planet and don't really look at the bigger picture.

My opinions of course.
edit on 6-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Oh I look at the bigger picture alright, and have even done some rough calcs based on current knowledge and data as to the total number of potential earth-like planets in the known universe, which is a number in the quadrillions or trillions of trillions.

That said, I am convinced that the total numer of earth-type planets with life AND with self aware sentient observers such as us on a planet with one moon in the same type of configuration and coincidence factor in terms of our particular earth-moon-sun relationship (and they are exceedingly extraordinary once you start investigating) = 1.

THAT said, given the type of intelligent design I'm thinking of, it wouldn't suprise me in the least if similar, although different coincidences also exist on every other planet with sentient observers who if they've been around for a while will surely have also recognized intelligent design in their midst as well and thus who honor God as the first father of creation who goes by many names..

"Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.."

Some of them may have even engaged in various astro-engineering efforts to play God and who might have considered themselves entirely equal to God, but from what I've been able to discern God is very effective at getting several steps ahead of the best efforts to unseat him from his throne ie: even the most resourceful and industrious God-wanna-be's end up getting punk'd by God in the end, and in truth I think that's what we're looking at here in terms of our own earth-moon-sun relationship, for reasons that I still have yet to cover in the thread linked in my signature, whereby "it was the stone that was rejected by the builders, that became the keystone."

edit on 6-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

And you are so certain that number equals one how? The only reason you believe it is somehow special is because you can observe it. There is nothing special about our planet or star, I assure you. Thinking and believing otherwise is wishful thinking and strong delusion. To jump to the conclusion that god made our planet special out of the billions and trillions of other planets is quite a leap to make.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

All I've said is that it is almost certainly cosmologically unique and demonstrates intelligent design. I am not speculating as to the rest which is an unknown.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Cannot SOL be a ADVOCATE of GOD?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

If by "special" is meant "unique", not it's not a big leap, however extraordinary are the circumstances in terms of man's place in God's creation, which you seemed eager to jump on in your post at the top of this page in your own declaration as to your true identity..

You know it amazes me how people will deny God as super-intelligent creator, while declaring themselves God. Why do we have such a problem with being in relationship WITH God as the Absolute and Infinitely intelligent One who is also the spirit of Truth, Love and Life, I just don't get it. Then, when you come along and start working to show or prove intelligent design because people want manifest material evidence, their first impulse is to shoot it down out of hand, the same one who said that he himself is God. It's crazy and absurd and rather amuzing, imho, how the human ego reacts in the face of the very real prospect of a God who didn't even make himself as it relates to us, infinitely superior but who presented his intentionality and will (to love) in the form of a humble servant sent to raise up what is lowly to ever higher height, and to retrieve the one lost sheep, and who also said, rightly so that "the student cannot be as great as the master" as the balancing or harmonizing factor on the other side of a >= sign..

When you really think about it, it's pretty funny! (and no I'm not laughing at you, but the human ego)

edit on 6-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You have a skewed perception on what god is in my opinion, as I'm sure you see it the other way around with me. I see god as the universe and everythings' collective conscious as god. God does not have to be a self-aware entity that is all-knowing as you seem to believe. We are all a piece of god, children of the universe.

You seem to think I'm saying that I am all-knowing and omnipotent by calling myself god, I am not. You and I have different views on what god is, I base god on what I can perceive and what I know, I don't base it on something I can't perceive and can't know as you do.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I used to believe precisely as you do, until I discovered God as an infinitely intelligent, self-aware being who preceeds the creation, and who's degree of precision in terms of the design, from all angles and perspectives, totally blows the mind. When the God that I've discovered becaomes apparent, there's this grand realization, accompanying what I call a hyper-freedom (absolute liberation) which begs the question from our limited human perspective, almost like a joke - HOW DID YOU KNOW?!!!

Trust me on this one, there's a self aware God (of which we are a part, as children of God) who's way ahead of anyone and everyone, and he's not an agent or a creature, but the center and source of everything who's M.O. is Love.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So what is hate from? If god is the source of everything then he must be the source of hate as well. If god doesn't create evil then what does? Is there an equal but opposite version of god? How can anything else be an equal to your god?

God is both love and hate, light and dark, good and evil. It is the spectrum in which all opposites are a part of which means it is not concerned about anything that goes on in our tiny lives. What would something so powerful and so awesome gain from having us worship him? Does your god have an ego? That's the only explanation I can think of to justify him requiring worship.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

We are to commune with God who is an all-good God of Love, the idea being to have a relationship WITH God. "Worship" is to commune with God, to share in his Glory via an intimate participation and sharing. God is spirit and truth, so to worship him is to worship (commune) in spirit and in truth. God is the objective reality, the truth and the life. He is the fount of inspiration and to know him and love him is to have eternal life, since his Love is without dimension, and is timeless and spaceless.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes, but how are we asked to perform this "communion"? By degradation and debasement in the eyes of your "God". That's not even close to right.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It's only your own ego which presumes that that's the case, but you're mistaken, since God is Love itself, the eternal love between the father and the son. To humble ourselves before God is only appropriate, and is the beginning of wisdom and of knowledge where real knowledge is the knowledge of experience. To reject God the Absolute and then elevate the self as God, is utter foolishness. The I-thou relationship WITH God is indespensible BECAUSE God is love, and for love to be love there are always two, but to love God we must FREELY come to God in all humility and ask him to draw near to us and live WITH us so that we can also move up to be with him where he is. All this and more is made possible by the work and word of Jesus Christ, who is like a gateway to God and to the holy of holies (unconditioned ground of all being and becoming) where God lives.

What I see are young people with a healthy dose of rebellious teenage angst wanting access to the power and Glory of God, without the neccessary humility, and virtue, where virtue may be defined as power, restrained.

If there's a "problem" with Christianity, it's what it must contend directly with, within ourselves so THAT we can enter into a lasting and authentic relationship WITH God, it's what it must cure, in the heart of man so that in our healing and purification we might see God as the way, the truth, the life and the (objective) reality as it really and truly is.

Otherise we are blind because of our blinders, which is created by ego which would seek any other way "in" except via the true gate

Remember, the key to Jesus' power as a fully self-realized child of God in intimate relationship with the Absolute Godhead was in his obediance to the will of God, which is the will to love as we are first loved by God.

edit on 6-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

What about the stuff I said about evil? Where does it come from? Is there an equal to your god, only opposite?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Source
sunlightenment.com...

Akhenaten, also known as Amenhotep IV, was a Pharaoh of the Eighteenth dynasty of Egypt. He ruled for 17 years and died in 1336 BC or 1334 BC. Akhenaten transformed Egypt when he abandoned traditional Egyptian polytheism religion and introduced a monotheistic religion that centered on the worship of the Aten or the Sun. Akhenaten’ s name means “Effective spirit of Aten” or “Spirit of the Sun”.

Akhenaten and the Hymn to the Sun

Thou appearest beautifully on the horizon of heaven,
Thou living Aton, the beginning of life!
When thou art risen on the eastern horizon,
Thou hast filled every land with thy beauty.
Thou art gracious, great, glistening, and high over every land;
Thy rays encompass the lands to the limit of all that thou hast made:
As thou art Re, thou reachest to the end of them;
(Thou) subduest them (for) thy beloved son.
Though thou art far away, thy rays are on earth;
Though thou art in their faces, no one knows thy going.

When thou settest in the western horizon,
The land is in darkness, in the manner of death.
They sleep in a room, with heads wrapped up,
Nor sees one eye the other.
All their goods which are under their heads might be stolen,
(But) they would not perceive (it).
Every lion is come forth from his den;
All creeping things, they sting.
Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon.

At daybreak, when thou arisest on the horizon,
When thou shinest as the Aton by day,
Thou drivest away the darkness and givest thy rays.
The Two Lands are in festivity every day,
Awake and standing upon (their) feet,
For thou hast raised them up.
Washing their bodies, taking (their) clothing,
Their arms are (raised) in praise at thy appearance.
All the world, they do their work.

All beasts are content with their pasturage;
Trees and plants are flourishing.
The birds which fly from their nests,
Their wings are (stretched out) in praise to thy ka.
All beasts spring upon (their) feeet.
Whatever flies and alights,
They live when thou hast risen (for) them.
The ships are sailing north and south as well,
For every way is open at thy appearance.
The fish in the river dart before thy face;
Thy rays are in the midst of the great green sea.

Creator of seed in women,
Thou who makest fluid into man,
Who maintainest the son in the womb of his mother,
Who soothest him with that which stills his weeping,
Thou nurse (even) in the womb,
Who givest breath to sustain all that he has made!
When he descends from the womb to breathe
On the day when he is born,
Thou openest his mouth completely,
Thou suppliest his necessities.
When the chick in the egg speaks within the shell,
Thou givest him breath within it to maintain him.
When thou hast made him his fulfillment within the egg, to break it,
He comes forth from the egg to speak at his completed (time);
He walks upon his legs when he comes forth from it.

How manifold it is, what thou hast made!
They are hidden from the face (of man).
O sole god, like whom there is no other!
Thou didst create the world according to thy desire,
Whilst thou wert alone: All men, cattle, and wild beasts,
Whatever is on earth, going upon (its) feet,
And what is on high, flying with its wings.

The countries of Syria and Nubia, the land of Egypt,
Thou settest every man in his place,
Thou suppliest their necessities:
Everyone has his food, and his time of life is reckoned.
Their tongues are separate in speech,
And their natures as well;
Their skins are distinguished,
As thou distinguishest the foreign peoples.
Thou makest a Nile in the underworld,
Thou bringest forth as thou desirest
To maintain the people (of Egypt)
According as thou madest them for thyself,
The lord of all of them, wearying (himself) with them,
The lord of every land, rising for them,
The Aton of the day, great of majesty.

All distant foreign countries, thou makest their life (also),
For thou hast set a Nile in heaven,
That it may descend for them and make waves upon the mountains,
Like the great green sea,
To water their fields in their towns.
How effective they are, thy plans, O lord of eternity!
The Nile in heaven, it is for the foreign peoples
And for the beasts of every desert that go upon (their) feet;
(While the true) Nile comes from the underworld for Egypt.

Thy rays suckle every meadow.
When thou risest, they live, they grow for thee.
Thou makest the seasons in order to rear all that thou hast made,
The winter to cool them,
And the heat that they may taste thee.
Thou hast made the distant sky in order to rise therein,
In order to see all that thou dost make.
Whilst thou wert alone,
Rising in thy form as the living Aton,
Appearing, shining, withdrawing or aproaching,
Thou madest millions of forms of thyself alone.
Cities, towns, fields, road, and river –
Every eye beholds thee over against them,
For thou art the Aton of the day over the earth….

Thou are in my heart,
And there is no other that knows thee
Save thy son Nefer-kheperu-Re Wa-en-Re,
For thou hast made him well-versed in thy plans and in thy strength.

The world came into being by thy hand,
According as thou hast made them.
When thou hast risen they live,
When thou settest they die.
Thou art lifetime thy own self,
For one lives (only) through thee.
Eyes are (fixed) on beauty until thou settest.
All work is laid aside when thou settest in the west.
(But) when (thou) risest (again),
[Everything is] made to flourish for the king,…
Since thou didst found the earth
And raise them up for thy son,
Who came forth from thy body: the King of Upper and Lower Egypt, … Ak-en-Aton, … and the Chief Wife of the King … Nefert-iti, living and youthful forever and ever

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join