It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh No! CNN, AP Break with Obama and Dems; "Fact Check" False Claims on Job Creation.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
PSA

We seem to be drifting into a general Republican vs. Democrat battle.

Let's try not to stray too far from the specific thread topic, Please.

Oh No! CNN, AP Break with Obama and Dems; "Fact Check" False Claims on Job Creation

TIA

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckwhizzle
I totally agree with this.Its all about money and ratings and hedging their bets in case Romney gets the call.The "media" could care less about objective reporting,and if Romney does get elected they wont wait a heartbeat to pounce on him either.

I think what we are seeing is a schism betwen those members of the MSM who are satisfied to toe the line and accept traditional advancement, and those who have no genuine affiliations trying to make a name for themselves in a new media world.

Traditional "news" editors, copy editors, et c., are giving way to opinionated commentators and creating an opening for those who are willing and able to take an "unconventional" approach and address a story on a fact-centered basis.

This cannot sit well with the "new media" who've assumed an unearned role as the guardians of our thought and deliberation.

jw

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Exactly what is wrong with America. And the world for that matter....

Check Box A or Box B, America! There are no other options! No other choices!

Trust us! We care! We will make everything alllll better! We will save you from the boogeyman!

Go back to sleep.

EDIT to stay on topic: I have not watched either convention as over the past 10 years my critical thinking skills have determined that there truly is not difference between either party when it comes to end game. They are all liars, and that has been the story so far out of both conventions. That pretty much every god damn politician has lied or fibbed or spun their message to garner support. Gosh! Color me surprised!

Fact checking on both sides has yielded the same results. I for one do not trust Democrats or Republicans to help create jobs. At least, not until we kick every single politician out of the Beltway and replace them with every day, middle class Americans who may be Democrat or Republican... As well as a return to wisdom and strong leadership reminiscent of our Founders, or those who fought WWII. Lacking, big time.
edit on 6-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The AMERICAN economy added 200,000 jobs this month!

GO AMERICA!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

I have not watched either convention as over the past 10 years my critical thinking skills have determined that there truly is not difference between either party when it comes to end game. They are all liars, and that has been the story so far out of both conventions. That pretty much every god damn politician has lied or fibbed or spun their message to garner support. Gosh! Color me surprised!

Fact checking on both sides has yielded the same results. I for one do not trust Democrats or Republicans to help create jobs. At least, not until we kick every single politician out of the Beltway and replace them with every day, middle class Americans who may be Democrat or Republican... As well as a return to wisdom and strong leadership reminiscent of our Founders, or those who fought WWII. Lacking, big time.

I grew up in a time of public servants who decided, not according to lobbyists' payola, but upon their convictions.
I am a conservative, but I wholly supported, even honored, the late Henry B. Gonzalez as a true "man of the people."

I was a personal friend and admirer of Ann Richards, but I disagreed with her policies. Her friend, Jim Hightower, and his Texas Observer helped shape my sceptical approach to government, regardless of parties.

Like you, I have refused to poatronize either party's self-congratulations.

Even so, I find it odd to see that certain circles that formerly whole-heartedly supported the incumbemt have now "drawn in their horns" (as we say in Texas), and moved away from blind advicacy, if not toward legitimate criticism.

Time will tell.

jw

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
More on topic: an interesting turn of events nonetheless.
Politicians are like the "frog and the scorpion". ( "but...but..why did you lie? I'm a "politician" ...its what we do!"...
)
edit on 7-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
FACT CHECKING has proven Obama's speech to be lie after lie.
And yet his loyal followers are still saying it was a great speech.
They are judging it on the amount of cheering by the sheeple in the DNC
and not by the content of the speech.

reply to post by charles1952

There is not enough difference between Romney and Obama to make note of.
'FLUFF' stuff .. like abortion and gay marriage. But not on the meat and potato issues.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

And how many more per week file for unemployment and other "assistance"?

Well...actually...this week, it has been around -12,000.

That would be initial claims...

12,000 LESS than last week.

Read 'em and weep:

The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 307,831 in the week ending September 1, a decrease of 4,280 from the previous week. There were 348,582 initial claims in the comparable week in 2011.

The advance unadjusted insured unemployment rate was 2.4 percent during the week ending August 25, unchanged from the prior week's unrevised rate. The advance unadjusted number for persons claiming UI benefits in state programs totaled 3,075,994, a decrease of 39,314 from the preceding week. A year earlier, the rate was 2.7 percent and the volume was 3,436,188.

The total number of people claiming benefits in all programs for the week ending August 18 was 5,467,752, a decrease of 63,076 from the previous week. There were 7,167,416 persons claiming benefits in all programs in the comparable week in 2011

(ETA Press Release)

ALSO...USA Today Money reports

In July, employers added 163,000 nonfarm jobs, which includes private-sector and government hiring. That was the best month of job creation since February and an improvement from the average of 73,000 per month created in the April-June quarter.

(...)

However, a private survey out Thursday shows U.S. businesses stepped up hiring in August. Payroll provider ADP says companies added 201,000 jobs last month, the most reported by the survey since March.

ADP also said private-sector July job growth was stronger than first thought: Employers created 173,000 jobs — 10,000 more jobs than the group initially reported.

It's a simple matter to cut through all the obfuscation on either side by visiting the source authority:Department of Labor
No need to guess or speculate at all!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
The nation has been adding jobs consistently for 29 months.

Sorry you are mad that America is coming back

Yes.

Consistently adding chickenfeed jobs like part time, low pay, etc. etc.

And how many more per week file for unemployment and other "assistance"?
Assistance that is garbage compared to the wages from a few years ago.

It's a vote losing deal.

Romney will win with 300+ electoral votes.

People have had it up to *_HERE_* with the constant BeeEss.

Yes, adding the wrong jobs. College grads are having trouble.

96,000 jobs in 1 month is a disgrace. We deserve better than that.

- College Grads -

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

One has killed an American citizen living abroad without a trial.(merely a "finding")

Um. So. Was Osama bin Laden an American citizen?
Or were you referring to someone else?
And if so...who, exactly?

I'm not being facetious but just am left wondering about what seems to me to be a strange comment.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Obama's speech at the DNC has been rated as dull and I think folks have noticed he has lost his edge. The MSM is hedging their bets by not continuing to be Obama's cheerleaders. It's starting to look like Romney is going to get it, so now they want to appear to be on his side. It's all about ratings and getting favors from who ever holds that office.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Obama's speech at the DNC has been rated as dull and I think folks have noticed he has lost his edge. The MSM is hedging their bets by not continuing to be Obama's cheerleaders. It's starting to look like Romney is going to get it, so now they want to appear to be on his side. It's all about ratings and getting favors from who ever holds that office.

Peggy Noonan: Obama Speech was stale and empty.

She went on to sum up the Sandra Fluke speech as well.

- It's over. -

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Well...actually...this week, it has been around -12,000.

That would be initial claims...

12,000 LESS than last week.

Read 'em and weep:

How sad.

368,000 DROPPED OUT OF WORKFORCE

.Payrolls rose less than projected in August and the unemployment rate was unexpectedly driven down by Americans leaving the labor force, boosting the odds of additional Federal Reserve easing to spur a faltering recovery.

The economy added 96,000 workers after a revised 141,000 increase in July that was smaller than initially estimated, Labor Department figures showed today in Washington. The median estimate of 92 economists surveyed by Bloomberg called for a gain of 130,000. The jobless rate fell to 8.1 percent.
Today’s report dealt a blow to Obama’s hopes of gaining momentum coming out of his party convention and gave Republican candidate Mitt Romney another campaign weapon.
The jobless rate fell from 8.3 percent as 368,000 Americans left the labor force.
The participation rate, which indicates the share of working-age people in the labor force, fell to 63.5 percent, the lowest since September 1981, from 63.7 percent.

Payrolls in U.S. Increased Less Than Forecast in August

You can believe what you want to believe ... .

.jw

edit on 7-9-2012 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

- College Grads -

"Adding the wrong jobs."

Oh boy.

You do realize, don't you...that you will never be satisfied?
And that it is not the fault of the President or of the voters or of anyone else including your fellow ATS'ers...you are responsible for your own satisfaction but you are neglecting it.

Anyway...that's neither here nor there and I am growing strangely accustomed to the dissatisfaction of others in the face of all possible circumstances on a rotating basis.

That article is very factual and provides a lot of empirical information but there is one thing it left me wondering...what the specific degrees and/or career fields were, too, in relation to the data.

Another thing I'm wondering after reading your post...is what about those with only high school diplomas and/or some tech certification or some such under the belt?
Do they not matter or are they finding the 'right' jobs for their demographic as opposed to the college grads?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

- College Grads -

"Adding the wrong jobs."

Oh boy.

You do realize, don't you...that you will never be satisfied?
And that it is not the fault of the President or of the voters or of anyone else including your fellow ATS'ers...you are responsible for your own satisfaction but you are neglecting it.

Anyway...that's neither here nor there and I am growing strangely accustomed to the dissatisfaction of others in the face of all possible circumstances on a rotating basis.

That article is very factual and provides a lot of empirical information but there is one thing it left me wondering...what the specific degrees and/or career fields were, too, in relation to the data.

Another thing I'm wondering after reading your post...is what about those with only high school diplomas and/or some tech certification or some such under the belt?
Do they not matter or are they finding the 'right' jobs for their demographic as opposed to the college grads?

We will not settle for stagnation.

The college grads are discovering that they cannot discharge their college loans in

bankruptcy court. They want a career not a job working at Starbucks.

Can't you see that?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

We may be seeing more and more of this "reporting".

The Liberal networks might be getting "the word" from advertisers that Romney is the guy.

Right, and that will be why they completely trashed the RNC in all the reporting too... that includes Faux News who jumped on the wagon too - but perhaps they've had pressure from advertisers and know that Obama is the man?

How about this one - the media is gradually waking up to the fact that people generally don't trust half of what they say, and they now have competitors on the internet stealing their audience because it's not biased. So in response to that they are trying to make an effort to increase their impartiality and make it more clear that they are not on any political side?

They have a long way to go, but after the reports about the RNC and corruption and blatant lies in that one too I don't think anyone can claim that this is being reported because the media is on Romney's side.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

You can say that again.
It really sucks here.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

How sad.

368,000 DROPPED OUT OF WORKFORCE

(...)

You can believe what you want to believe ... .

You DO understand what is meant by the term 'workforce' don't you?

You DO also know that there is a SOURCE for finding information of a purer nature that is not embellished with suppositions and speculations and even veiled hints and innuendos, don't you?

If not, then try the US Bureau of Labor Statistics...it is absolutely OPINION-free and therefore the idea of 'believing' pretty much becomes either a non-issue or self-evident.

If you are pressed for time or do not appreciate the opportunity to use the interactive forms to pull out whatever data set you might be interested in...then here is a mostly-graphical pdf file that also provides the latest data on Current Employment Statistics (Highlights).

Assuming you do know how the DOT defines 'labor force'....or, if not, are in the process of educating yourself on it, at this very moment...you surely have no problem understanding how the numbers related to the 'workforce' are very limited for this purpose unless employment data for the same time period is included in your analysis. There are a few other factors that shed even more light on the actual situation, but there is no need to over-burden your mind or attention span at this point.

I look forward to your reply.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

One has killed an American citizen living abroad without a trial.(merely a "finding")

Um. So. Was Osama bin Laden an American citizen?
Or were you referring to someone else?
And if so...who, exactly?

I'm not being facetious but just am left wondering about what seems to me to be a strange comment.

Thanks in advance.

Not osama; Anwar al-Awlaki"; I think

The other is a classified legal memorandum, prepared by the Justice Department, analyzing the government's legal authority to conduct targeted killings of terrorists abroad-including, specifically, terrorists who are U.S. citizens. Interest in this memo intensified following a 2011 drone strike in Yemen that killed Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen, who government officials say was involved in planning attacks against the U.S.

The targeted killings memo has been requested by no fewer than ten members of Congress (all of whom were denied access). The memo is also sought in three FOIA lawsuits filed separately by the First Amendment Coalition (the organization I work for) in federal court in San Francisco, and by the New York Times and the ACLU in federal court in Manhattan.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Obama’s comments come days after at least 11 civilians were killed in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen, including three children. Obama also told CNN that U.S. citizens are entitled to what he called "due process."

President Obama: "I think there’s no doubt that when an American has made the decision to affiliate himself with al-Qaeda and target fellow Americans, that there is a legal justification for us to try to stop them from carrying out plots. What is also true, though, is that as an American citizen, they are subject to the protections of the Constitution and due process."

(See you are entitled to: "due process" before we send a high explosive up your nether regions..Prez said so himself). I guess his say so is "due process" or whoever draws up the "target list( I'd imagine defense intelligence agency or the cia).
www.democracynow.org...

American UAV strikes, most notably in Pakistan and Yemen, have shot up since Barack Obama came to power. Estimates state that while there were 52 such strikes during George W Bush’s time, this number has risen to 282 over the past three and a half years with officials justifying it as international “self defence” against a stateless enemy.

www.thenews.com.pk...

All left friendly sources( no "fox"to spare any left wing sensitivities)

google is your friend

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You DO understand what is meant by the term 'workforce' don't you?

Sure, and so does your source:

Both the civilian labor force (154.6 million) and the labor force participation rate
(63.5 percent) declined in August. The employment-population ratio, at 58.3 percent,
was little changed. (See table A-1.)

www.bls.gov...

Deny ignorants

jw
edit on 7-9-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join