It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 found shot in French Alps

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

5 found shot in French Alps

www.myfoxny.com

MYFOXNY.COM/AP -
French authorities say five people, including a girl, have been shot in a forest in the Alps. All five were initially reported to be dead. The teenage victim is now reported to be in critical condition in a hospital, according to a local prosecutor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Continue reading and things start to look really fishy. 3 males found dead in a car registered in Britian, 1 teen girl found shot along the road. She must have been running away from the car & or gunnmen who left her to die. Was she in the car with the others? A fourth male was riding his bycle along the road side and perhaps saw to much? I really wonder what the connection is and who these people are.

www.myfoxny.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

UPDATE = Turns out the girl is in critical condition.
edit on 5/9/2012 by Sinsear because: Update

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I pray she survives to tell what happened!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinsear

Its a horrible tragedy, clearly guns are too easily obtained in france, they should look at stricter gun control to solve it.

oh wait...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
More than likely, just a drug deal gone bad. Nothing to see here folks...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Another update with more on this story. Turns out there was two women in the back seat that were killed and one male in the front seat. Still the male cyclist gunned down and the girl is still in critical cconditin.

abcnews.go.com... ead-car-french-alps-17161130

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Not to detract from your thread, as you've had more replies - but I posted a similar thread with some interesting links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Horrible situation.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I looked at French sources (I always prefer the originals instead of the recycled versions
) but I couldn't find anything that wasn't already posted: one man and two women shot dead in a car, surrounded by many empty shells, a dead cyclist in front of the car, to the right and the badly wounded girl in front of the car, to the left.

Not much information because the road was blocked some kilometres from the place where the bodies were found and no journalists (or even the prosecutor) were allowed to get near.

The prosecutor will give a press conference tomorrow at 14H00, French time.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

yes thats what i just thought to sad man sad bloody druggies

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Not sure if there are more shootings lately or just more being reported.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

A four-year-old girl has been found alive hidden in a car under the bodies of the victims of a shooting in the French Alps.

Public prosecutor Eric Maillaud said the child was only discovered when investigators gained access to the crime scene, almost twelve hours after a cyclist happened upon the carnage.

Confirming that the three victims in the BMW were from a family of British holidaymakers, he said: "She was hidden under the bodies for some eight hours and didn't move for the whole time."

news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This does look like some form of deal gone wrong, the cyclist killed was obviously simply an act to cover witnesses, the little girl the same although more so, but you have to have more details before this can be seperated from a mad man gone mental to someone with an agenda linked to the victims, but it was hastely executed. They were sloppy, very sloppy, the little girl was left alive under bodies in the car, the other girl who was shot, was shot three times but survived (I know this sounds insensitive but you have to look at the details) if its a hit they could've all been taken out without the need to spray bullets all over the car.

So this seems like a last minute attack and/or if planned, was poorly executed which generally points towards drug hits than anything else. Was there gun shots heard? If not you have to determine if a supressor was used, which would increase likelyhood of a planned hit, if shots were heard, at what time? Then from that you can determine routes in which the car could've gone, I don't know if there are cameras anywhere along the routes but there will be cameras somewhere along the route even if it isn't for miles and miles, but evidence at the scene can often point to the direction the car fled in. I should imagine there will be evidence there, tyre tracks, the shell cases are there which could mean fingerprints if they did not use gloves when loading, from the shells you can also get the gun make and model although its important to get the gun(s) used.

Also the girl shot three times was found outside of the car, if she is related to the car occupants, why was she outside on her bike? Why was she outside but the others inside? There could also be the possibility that she stumbled across something which startled whoever it was and then it turned in to a bloodbath. It will be interested to see in what order the occupants, cyclist and girl were shot in. It will be the little girl in the car but most importantly the girl on her bike who is in hospital that is key to that info. One thing I am certain of, they will get these people absolutely sure of that, this was a sloppy hit.

I don't know much about the shootings, although depending on how it goes if the Met get involved and go over to France I might be able to find out more. My first impressions are a deal gone wrong, but lets wait and see.

edit on 6-9-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Not to detract from your thread, as you've had more replies - but I posted a similar thread with some interesting links.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Horrible situation.

and yours actually stuck to the ATS rules!

i also just read somewhere that the 'cyclist' was found dead in the car... why on earth would somebody intending to kill him make him get in the car when they could shoot him on his bike i wonder....all of this story is utterly terrible though... i feel desperately sad for those two little girls, and i pray that they have close family that can help them through this awful time.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

Where did you get the information that the girl found outside the car was on or near a bike?

From what I could find today, it looks like they have identified, through other British campers, the victims, although they do not have yet a formal identification. It was a couple with two daughters, aged 8 and 4, and a grandmother.

The shooting happened just before the cyclist found them, as he said that he had seen the other cyclist soon before.

It looks like the shells are from an automatic pistol.

Information found here, in French.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
More than likely, just a drug deal gone bad. Nothing to see here folks...

Yeah, because people take their kids and the grandmother with them when they need some smack while camping in Southern France...

C'mon, think about things before you open your mouth.

Also, the OP is incorrect. It wasn't 4 males, but the father, mother and grandmother found dead in the car. A girl of 8 or 9 found in the road with injuries who was airlifted and is now in hospital and a French cyclist nearby. They only found the 4 year old girl alive in the car after forensics arri

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by Sinsear

Its a horrible tragedy, clearly guns are too easily obtained in france, they should look at stricter gun control to solve it.

oh wait...

>Yawn<

Same old "guns solve everything" nonsense without any inkling of a thought having occurred inside your head.

Guns are far more readily available in France than the UK. In fact, in '97 when the UK restricted handguns, those who did sport/target shooting had to travel to France to be able to continue practicing.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Evil guns killed these people, ban all guns.
But of course Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people, but then knives are the same as guns, same as a hammer or a tea cup, all can be used to kill someone,
More gun fear mongering, but my sympathy goes to the familes of those killed but in the end, these things happen wrong place wrong time.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This is such a shocking story and I can't even begin to imagine what has gone on here,
The little girl is under armed guard.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Nobody is bringing up any kind of "gun fear" except those promoting guns, matey.

This looks to be a case of a robbery or something similiar, according to the French Fuzz. These things would happen if guns were there or not, so it is pointless having a pro/anti gun debate.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The father has been named according to Sky reports. Saad al Hilli from Surrey

news.sky.com... er-named

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join