It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Scientific Report Destroys Global Warming!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by Grimpachi

It is amazing how much you have to say on the matter and how little you contribute.

I answered your question and provided the article but YOU HAVE NOT OFFERED ANY SUPPORTING EVIDENCE TO YOUR CLAIMS. If you will not provide any evidence to support your statements then I will just have to regard any and everything you have to say as blowing hot air. (Pun intended)

To be clear I only care to discuss issues dealing with global warming and climate change I do not care about all the side issue distractions you keep bringing up. DU, nuclear reactors, war, carbon credits, chemicals being dumped, your overwhelming psychiatric bill, or any other issues you can’t seem to find the correct thread for. I just don’t care. If you cannot stay on topic do not expect a reply in any other form than ridicule.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

If you want to try and make me feel bad you will have to try a lot harder. It is you who have failed to remain on topic. I'm trying to help you out here. Maybe you respond better to ridicule?

Human activity accounts for less than 1% of total carbon production over the last 100 years. Water vapor accounts for 99% of the total greenhouse effect. Go and use the internet. You are on it now.

If you actually believe that by turning down your thermostat you are going to cool the earth you are an absolute lost fool.

I hope my single assertion is clear enough for you. MANMADE CO2 is completely NEGLIGIBLE in terms of the earth's temperature.

" There is no dispute at all about the fact that even if punctiliously observed, (the Kyoto Protocol) would have an imperceptible effect on future temperatures -- one-twentieth of a degree by 2050. "

Dr. S. Fred Singer, atmospheric physicist
Professor Emeritus of Environmental Sciences at the University of Virginia,
and former director of the US Weather Satellite Service;
in a Sept. 10, 2001 Letter to Editor, Wall Street Journal

" I can only see one element of the climate system capable of generating these fast, global changes, that is, changes in the tropical atmosphere leading to changes in the inventory of the earth's most powerful greenhouse gas-- water vapor. "

Dr. Wallace Broecker, a leading world authority on climate
Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University,
lecture presented at R. A. Daly Lecture at the American Geophysical Union's
spring meeting in Baltimore, Md., May 1996.

Anthropogenic (man-made) Contribution to the "Greenhouse
Effect," expressed as % of Total (water vapor INCLUDED)
Based on concentrations (ppb) adjusted for heat retention characteristics % of Greenhouse Effect
(total effect) (natural) (man-made)
Carbon Dioxide (CO2) 3.618% 3.502% 0.117%

It's not even disputed you retarded robot. You just are so completely uninformed and brainwashed you refuse to READ the available information. Instead you propagate the misinformed fantasies your brain has been programmed to.

The fact that you would quote Dr. S. Fred Singer pretty much sums up the credibility of your position.

The other scientist you quote, Dr. Wallace Broecker, believes, strongly, that climate change is due, in large part to man. In fact he's the first scientist to talk about global warming, as an outcome of dumping carbon into the atmosphere.

Maybe you think we're all idiots, and you can just spout any old nonsense, but we're not.

for people that ACTUALLY want to know how the ocean deals with carbon, go here:

earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

If you want to see a very good debunking of the water vapour lie, go here:

www.skepticalscience.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

Originally posted by rwfresh

It's irrelevant for people like yourself that are willingly deluding themselves and absolving themselves from responsibility. But you keep running around telling people they are ignorant. Support the wars, eat your burgers, drink your poison. You are on the right side. The one that says we should all pay carbon tax.

Listen you maggot,

I don't support wars, and my choice of drink is of no concern to you.

You're an ignorant, self righteous prick who hasn't a clue what he's spouting out.

None whatsoever.

So take your idiotic assumptions and shove it.

You are an ignorant mindless cry baby. Turn your thermostat down and pay your tax. CO2 is SCARY!! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE FROM CARBON!!!!! hahahaha.

If you support the myth of the man-made CO2 Armageddon you are willfully diverting attention away from the EASILY solvable problems not being addressed right now. War, greed induced famine etc. etc. etc.

Go convince starving people in Africa they should be afraid of CO2. Go tell Iraqis living in a completely destroyed country they should be afraid of carbon and flooding. It is just beyond understanding.

Anyway.. No hard feelings. Peace!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why would I? My whole point for CC is that some of this stuff isn't all that negative, and attacking the wrong things leads us away from addressing the real problems.

(What do I worry about more, Carbon Dioxide or the Great Pacific Garbage patch? Do I spend millions to cut down on CO2, or do I put that money into picking up our trash?)

Us doing it may have some positives? Outstanding! Heck, I want it warmer by a few degrees--and have been for a while.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
That saying went through my mind as I was typing something then I realized if I argue with him anymore I will probably get banned. My honest mistake was thinking he was playing dumb. Must have upset him when I said I didn’t care about his side topics.

Oh well. Shrug.

Well hopefully this thread can move on without this thread being derailed any further toward topics like war, Africa, bad nuclear power plants, DU or other things that I am sure there are other threads about.

Back on topic: All the articles I have read so far and none of them have supported the claims that global warming has not been contributed to by man at least none that have been peer reviewed and supported.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
note to the wise:

don't feed the trolls!!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
That saying went through my mind as I was typing something then I realized if I argue with him anymore I will probably get banned. My honest mistake was thinking he was playing dumb. Must have upset him when I said I didn’t care about his side topics.

Oh well. Shrug.

Well hopefully this thread can move on without this thread being derailed any further toward topics like war, Africa, bad nuclear power plants, DU or other things that I am sure there are other threads about.

Back on topic: All the articles I have read so far and none of them have supported the claims that global warming has not been contributed to by man at least none that have been peer reviewed and supported.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

We all know that once the ratio of Natural:Manmade CO2 sinks in you will no longer fight the CO2 fear campaign with such zeal. Just let it go. You've been duped. It happens to everyone. Embrace the truth and move on with your life.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Heads up

The bickering and uncivil behaviour stops NOW

Any more of it posting bans will be handed out.

First and ONLY warning.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
“seems obvious enough right? But that is like saying pool warming by human urination is occurring. What is IMPLIED by the statement is HUMANS ARE CAUSING GLOBAL WARMING. NO we are not”
rwfresh
First you made the ridiculous claim that NO scientific organization said that humans are causing global warming. I then proved that they all are. Go ahead and disagree with the entire scientific community. Nothing personal but I think the entire scientific community knows more about science then you do.

“Our existence accounts for less than ONE PERCENT of the TOTAL CAUSE. Do you understand this?”
rwfresh

If you actually read posts you would have seen that I addressed that “argument” and proved that is a ridiculous argument even if it is true that we pollute less then nature.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
“You keep asking me to read when you yourself do not read. All of these organization fall under the UNS. WHY in the world would they go against the authority they fall under? Is is a conspiracy that police officers follow the orders of the sergeant?”
rwfresh
AHH, there we have it! They are all working together to promote a lie! Scientific American, National Geographic, NASA, en.wikipedia.org... and of course EVERY scientific organization in the world of national and international reputation.
I’d imagine that when you said uns you meant en.wikipedia.org... The American Meteorological Association, NASA, the Royal Academy… are part of the UN??????

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
“Our existence accounts for less than ONE PERCENT of the TOTAL CAUSE. Do you understand this?”
rwfresh
So what?! Even if that is true (it is not) it adds NOTHING to your side of the debate. Suppose, the thermostat in a closed room is set at 80 degrees. Your argument is that I can increase the temp to 100 degrees and that’s insignificant because that is only 20 % of the total temperature. I’d hate to be your roommate!
The fact is that we have increased the world’s temperature so much that we are experiencing world record temperatures and droughts.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
“You keep asking me to read when you yourself do not read. All of these organization fall under the UNS. WHY in the world would they go against the authority they fall under? Is is a conspiracy that police officers follow the orders of the sergeant?”
rwfresh
AHH, there we have it! They are all working together to promote a lie! Scientific American, National Geographic, NASA, en.wikipedia.org... and of course EVERY scientific organization in the world of national and international reputation.
I’d imagine that when you said uns you meant en.wikipedia.org... The American Meteorological Association, NASA, the Royal Academy… are part of the UN??????

Dude, USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!!!!

EVERY scientific organization in the world, eh?

That's an outright falsification. Please list for us, every single organization that irrefutably claims that global warming is man-made? Do you understand the difference between an assertion and a confirmation? A theory/hypothesis and experimental affirmation? I would bet not...

Here is my list of over 30,000 scientists that say otherwise.

I've watched you post the same sources over and over again, most of which come from Wikipedia, which in itself asks for input and feedback to confirm facts. You are spewing opinionated rhetoric all over this thread and I respectfully ask that you back your claims up with some facts, because frankly, I don't believe you have any.

~Namaste
edit on 6-9-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

In case the same old junk science arguments are brought up www.scientificamerican.com... . Whoops I forgot en.wikipedia.org... is part of the conspiracy!!!!
Then of course the Oregon petition will be brought up
en.wikipedia.org...
According to the Oregon petition if you have a B.S. degree you are a climate scientist!!! DUH!
Then of course “climategate”
www.huffingtonpost.com...
The made up charges by the illegal hackers were found to be silly. For example, when a scientist said that he found “a neat trick” , it was as suspicious as a mathematician that said,” I found a neat trick to solve this calculus problem quicker.”

YAWN! The tin foil hatters are easy to debate and win against. Humans have contributed to global warming and the entire scientific community agrees!

edit on 4-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

SonOfTheLawOfOne
Your petition is a lie
Here, I’ll do your work for you again,
en.wikipedia.org...
FROM the post I quoted in this post.
Here is more about the Oregon petition lie,
www.skeptic.com...
ezinearticles.com...:-How-Can-31,000-Scientists-Be-Wrong?&id=5141096

The fact that the Oregon petition is a lie is well known. To be uninformed about something that is common knowledge shows that one is amazingly uninformed about the subject ( global warming) that one claims to be an expert at.

edit on 6-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Tin foil hat time. EVERY reputable scientific organization in the world has issued statements that confirm that global warming is a fact and that humans have greatly contributed to it. To say that every scientific organization in the world en.wikipedia.org... www.ucsusa.org... is part of a conspiracy is ridiculous! Who is in charge of the conspiracy? Bigfoot? Not only the above but N.A.S.A , National Geographic, Scientific American are also part of the conspiracy!!! OMG!!!

“Please list for us, every single organization that irrefutably claims that global warming is man-made?”
SonOfTheLawOfOne

YAWN!!! ( SEE ABOVE!!) You really need to do more research or at least read posts before responding with gibberish.

“Do you understand the difference between an assertion and a confirmation? A theory/hypothesis and experimental affirmation?”
SonOfTheLawOfOne
That is pure gibberish. I was asked for statements from international organizations confirming that they unequivocally stand by AGW ( which I supplied) and then you ridicule me for not also including their experimental results. ( which I did not include with their confirmation statements but did in earlier posts) Obviously you do not know the difference between a theory/hypothesis and experimental affirmation! Or do you just like posting nonsense to confuse the issue when you know the facts are not on your side?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
“'ve watched you post the same sources over and over again, most of which come from Wikipedia, which in itself asks for input and feedback to confirm facts.”
SonOfTheLawOfOne

Wiki gives the primary sources for the quotes. So your objection to wiki is silly. However, I also provided another site that gives links to primary sources. You really need to learn how to do basic research!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join