It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates are Over. Anyone still undecided??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

Hey Guys,
I hang out with a very liberal crowd. i went to one of the most liberal colleges in the US. Still... all of my freinds, who hate Bush, concede that he won the last debate and tied with the second one.

So why are these online polls saying that Bush lost? because liberals are logging on en masse so as to ensure that their guy wins, no matter what actually happened during the debate.

Yes, I'm a bush supporter... But i have received multiple emails in the last few weeks (probably because I subscribe to a lot of liberal magazines) that have urged me to vote for Kerry on the online debate polls no matter what happens.

The bottom line is simply that the Left has better organization when it comes to the internet and so has been able to influence a lot of the polling.

Many of my friends are also liberal and share much the same views on the debates as your friends.

The online polls do not represent reality. When I saw the difference between the online polls and Scientific which is very drastic I knew something was up. I didnt know there were chain emails or whatever going around but that would explain it.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Since MaskedAvatar is not a resident of the US he or she wont be voting to replace anyone in the US.

Glad you edited this from "Since MaskedAvatar is not a resident of the US we wont be voting to replace anyone in the US".

* There goes MA at it again. I bet he can submit multiple postal votes from several addresses with all those passports and IDs he carries. *

The world is watching.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

So what are you suggesting, That even though you are not a US citizen you can and are going to vote in a US election?

If you are you do know thats a crime- any person who knowingly furnishes false information on an Affidavit on Application for Voter Registration may be guilty of Class C Felony, punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment and/or $10,000 fine. It might vary depending on what state this fraud would be attempted in.

Isnt there a rule on ATS about Discussion of illegal activities ?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
never mind,,,its not working

[edit on 14-10-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well I realized that Kerry won the first and didn�t see the second so that I can accept that Kerry probably won that as well. As for this debate, as this should have been Kerry�s place to shine�.HE GOT SMOKED. For me one of the most impressive parts of the debates was when the president asked for the American people to do their part in a VERY small way. The thing that I found funniest about that, was how this very JFK like expression has already had the o so compassionate liberals on this site already talking about how that was a bad thing to ask for. Sorry forgot it�s the right that is now compassionate�..look, its not like he�s asking people to take there elderly and infirm relatives on vacation with them instead of leaving them at home during record heat streaks�.he is asking for Americans to take on just a little more risk than normally required, very noble. I also felt that he answered a lot of questions as to what he would and has done for the country�..like his �no child left behind� legislation; although, I�m against it, the fact is any liberal would have crowed to no end had they been able to get that legislation passes as law.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by keholmes]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Personally, I don't think either candidate spoke well for education, so I'm still greatly undecided.

I think that is a good thing. The last thing we need is more big-government in the classroom. Let's return schools to the local level with leadership that is accountable to the community. Only about 7 percent of education funding comes from the federal level anyway, it is mostly a local/state issue.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
No I'm not undecided. I think I was pretty sure after the second debate. I already cast my vote here on ATSNN for Bush. I was a little intrigued in the beginning by Kerry, but the more I saw him sway from his opinions of the last 20 years towards the issues that would get him votes I lost respect.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Why wasnt Ralph Nader permitted to be part of the debates ? does anyone know the answer ?
I been asking people and no one seems to know.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'm definitely undecided! Not about who to vote for, but whether to
or
at Kerry and his tactics!

[edit on 14/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

So what are you suggesting, That even though you are not a US citizen you can and are going to vote in a US election?

If you are you do know thats a crime- any person who knowingly furnishes false information on an Affidavit on Application for Voter Registration may be guilty of Class C Felony, punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment and/or $10,000 fine. It might vary depending on what state this fraud would be attempted in.

Isnt there a rule on ATS about Discussion of illegal activities ?

Drats.

Foiled by the US intelligence forces again. This could be the undoing of the whole 2004 election after the 100th recount and Appeals Court hearing.

LOL.

* oops. sorry about that masked one. *

[edit on 10/14/04 by magestica]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Last night I was flipping through the channels to see the commentaries about the debate. I believe that Greta Van Sustern (sp?) was interviewing Rove and was asking him specifically about swing voters and if there WERE any swing voters. His answer was pretty funny.

He said that swing voters make up 6%. They are an even mix of males and famales. They are conservatives, moderates and liberals. He went on to say that they look like every other American. I was in hysterics. The way he said that as if swing voters are E.T.'s but they are disguised as your average Joe Schmoo.

Another channel I saw said that single women make up the largest percentage of swing voters and that they are currently being 'courted' by both parties.

Did anyone else so Rove's pitiful swing voter description?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm sorry. I simply cannot cast my vote for someone who says "dudn't" during a nationally televised debate.....nevermind "nukular".....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The debates made it very clear who I was to vote for. Neither of them. The more I watched, the more I saw answers I didn't like, or no answers at all. I am more convinced now, that no matter who is in office, we will see more of the same. This is why I am more confident than ever in my decision to vote third party, Libertarian, this year.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join