It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debates are Over. Anyone still undecided??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Now that all 3 debates are over I find it VERY hard to believe that anyone is still undecided. Is there anyone out there that is still waffling on who will get their vote?

I had my mind made up before the debates even started as I think many people did. If you are undecided what exactly is it that you are waiting on to make your decision? Do you think anything you heard in the debates will have an impact on what your ultimate decision is?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
yes ME!!!!!

i posted this in the other thread, but I guess my invisibility spell is working so no one addressed it

what's better when it comes to a political office?

Doing what the people want and being swayed by their opinions?

Or

Doing what you want and believe, regardless of what the people want and their opinions?

Which works better when running a country?

I believe I am truly an "undecided" voter and it will come down to me standing in the booth to make a decision (unlike O'Reilly who claims to be undecided) I know what the candidates stand for, I am informed and I have strong opinions, but I don't know what type of person would be better suited for dealing with the mess we are in right now.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
yes ME!!!!!

i posted this in the other thread, but I guess my invisibility spell is working so no one addressed it

Or

Doing what you want and believe, regardless of what the people want and their opinions?

Which works better when running a country?

I believe I am truly an "undecided" voter and it will come down to me standing in the booth to make a decision (unlike O'Reilly who claims to be undecided) I know what the candidates stand for, I am informed and I have strong opinions, but I don't know what type of person would be better suited for dealing with the mess we are in right now.

Please refer to that thread for my answer.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Or

That's a good question but the second part I think I would clarify that it would not be doing what one wants, but doing what one feels is necessary and right. If the question is changed to that, I think the answer is a combination of both of those.

Sometimes doing the right thing is NOT the popular thing to do. In other situations it is important to let the Country be run by the people and their opinions. It's a fine line.

In matters that concern security I think it's important for all of us to remember that we aren't privy to all of the information that the President and other politicians have. There may be things that are known that they cannot tell us that lead them to do things that we might not agree with.

When it comes to domestic issues and our lives on a day to day basis, I believe that our voices should be heard and decisions should be based on popular opinion.

Very good question you asked, I hope someone else can do a better job of answering it.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Personally, I don't think either candidate spoke well for education, so I'm still greatly undecided. However, today in one of my classes we were getting into quite a heated debate about the candidates, causing the teacher to break it up. She replied, "quit talking about the debt, quit talking about social security. Admit you have no idea what's going on." She then added,"Ask yourself one question, who would AlQuieda vote for?"

At this we all went silent. I think a few more people left the class undecided at that point.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Me undecided?.... yes.

But the process of elimination is well underway.

Of the two at the debate tonight, I can only say that one in particular has a chance of getting my vote.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The biggest indecision for some who understand the need to remove the cancer from the Whitehouse is:

* vote for a preferred candidate who reflects my political, social and world views

OR

* vote for the one viable candidate who can assuredly win the Presidential election (John F Kerry).

It's nice when the answer is one and the same to both points, but in the anachronistic way that elections in the US are conductedr, you have to support Kerry to remove Bush. Sad (for some) but true.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
* vote for the one viable candidate who can assuredly win the Presidential election (John F Kerry).

Sour grapes at home, sour grapes on the road... Soon to be 0-2 MA, maybe 2008 will be better.

p.s. Is that viable, like a fetus?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Who won the debate?
John Kerry 55%
George Bush 45%
Did it change the candidate you support?
No 72%
Yes, I now support Kerry 17%
Yes, I now support Bush 11%
Total Votes: 146,224

Note on Poll Results, from AOL opening screen.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Personally, I don't think either candidate spoke well for education, so I'm still greatly undecided. However, today in one of my classes we were getting into quite a heated debate about the candidates, causing the teacher to break it up. She replied, "quit talking about the debt, quit talking about social security. Admit you have no idea what's going on." She then added,"Ask yourself one question, who would AlQuieda vote for?"

What kind of class was this? Is this high school? College? I am shaking my head in disbelief that ANY type of teacher would say something like that!

Of the two at the debate tonight, I can only say that one in particular has a chance of getting my vote.

If that is the case is it a 3rd party that you might consider voting for? Or are you considering not voting at all?

The biggest indecision for some who understand the need to remove the cancer from the Whitehouse is:

If you are going to vote to remove someone from office just be sure that you are 100% sure you are comfortable with who you are voting to replace him with. You might think you have it bad now but I can guarantee you that if people aren't careful it can get a whole lot worse!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It is really very appalling that on domestic issues the environment was not brought up. Bush's record on the environment is absolutely laughable. That would have swayed many voters there.

By the way, if someone thinks they can actually defend Bush's environmental record, I stand ready to defend myself.

Haha, environmental record...what RECORD?!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

If you are going to vote to remove someone from office just be sure that you are 100% sure you are comfortable with who you are voting to replace him with. You might think you have it bad now but I can guarantee you that if people aren't careful it can get a whole lot worse!

Jemison

Since MaskedAvatar is not a resident of the US he or she wont be voting to replace anyone in the US.

Even I sometimes forgot we have people from all over the world on ATS alot of which have views on who we should vote for in America.

We have seen the polls the rest of the world wants Kerry we get. Now we have to ask our self does the rest of the world have Americas interest in mind.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

[edit on 13-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Undecided...not me, but my fiance' is still at that point. She is trying to decide between Kerry or Nader, and I'm trying to do my part to expel the old "a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush" myth out of her.

Actually, I would think there should be more undecideds after these debates for the simple fact that neither candidate addressed the issues very well. If I was an undecided voter I would immediately say to myself "I'm voting 3rd Party."

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hey Guys,
I hang out with a very liberal crowd. i went to one of the most liberal colleges in the US. Still... all of my freinds, who hate Bush, concede that he won the last debate and tied with the second one.

So why are these online polls saying that Bush lost? because liberals are logging on en masse so as to ensure that their guy wins, no matter what actually happened during the debate.

Yes, I'm a bush supporter... But i have received multiple emails in the last few weeks (probably because I subscribe to a lot of liberal magazines) that have urged me to vote for Kerry on the online debate polls no matter what happens.

The bottom line is simply that the Left has better organization when it comes to the internet and so has been able to influence a lot of the polling.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Since MaskedAvatar is not a resident of the US he or she wont be voting to replace anyone in the US.

Glad you edited this from "Since MaskedAvatar is not a resident of the US we wont be voting to replace anyone in the US".

It makes more sense than my residency determining the outcome of the election.

Except that one does not need to be resident in the US to cast his or her vote on November 2, at all.

The world is watching.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Glad you edited this from "Since MaskedAvatar is not a resident of the US we wont be voting to replace anyone in the US".

* Yeah, yeah, heard it all before. Jesus H Christ MA can't you just say something once? *

* Post ID# 888555 is a reasonably auspicious number *

The world is watching.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

* There goes MA at it again. I bet he can submit multiple postal votes from several addresses with all those passports and IDs he carries. *

The world is watching.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
What is there to be undecided about? You either approve of the way things are going or not? If you approve then you return Bush for 4 years, if you don't or are hesitant, then the question is; do you wish to inject new blood or continue with that which you are not certain?

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Damn.

Triplets.

My apologies on behalf of "the rest of the world" (LOL) for inordinately registering three votes on this thread. Electoral inefficiency and not fraud this time rears its ugly head.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Definitely undecided. Why is it I can find something in every candidate that seems to get me steamed just as much as something from the others.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join