It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wires on mars....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yeah I'm just saying that using the phrase "special software" then not stating which one is a red flag. How can we determine if the software is capable of doing such magic feats like generating new and accurate pixels out of the existing ones. As far as I know it's impossible.

I honestly don't know of a program that can make blurred objects truly clearer or come into focus, it's a misconception. Sharpening edges of a blurred pixel based image doesn't "reveal the truth."

I do however think that the object is very strange, I just HIGHLY DOUBT that NASA will ever show anything other than rocks and dirt.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Thats a cropped image...of the zoomed image, and PhotoZoom is the software used to zoom in.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78
Yeah I'm just saying that using the phrase "special software" then not stating which one is a red flag. How can we determine if the software is capable of doing such magic feats like generating new and accurate pixels out of the existing ones. As far as I know it's impossible.

I honestly don't know of a program that can make blurred objects truly clearer or come into focus, it's a misconception. Sharpening edges of a blurred pixel based image doesn't "reveal the truth."

I do however think that the object is very strange, I just HIGHLY DOUBT that NASA will ever show anything other than rocks and dirt.

Its not making blurred images unblurred. Its zooming in and dropping/increasing pixel size to account for the zoom. I dont know how it does it, but it works very well.

Go on google and educate yourself.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

edit on 31-8-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SpaceCowboy78

Bull#, I see it all the time on tv shows like NCIS, are you tryingto say that they make it up and such software does not actually exist?

In the op's picture all I see is a rock.
edit on 31-8-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien
The "hole" is a shadow.

A shadow of what exactly??

OP: interesting find. F&S

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Anyway you zoom in it still looks like a rock with a crack or jagged step like back to it that is shadow. Part of the "step" is illuminated the other in shadow making it look like a wire coming out of a dark hole. Its a trick of the light. A wire coming out of the ground would be a lot more obvious.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Theres a shadow below the wire. The circle hole, cant be a shadow of anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Maybe a tin can from in a desert here on earth where the rover is?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor
Bull#, I see it all the time on tv shows like NCIS, are you tryingto say that they make it up and such software does not actually exist?

Zooming like this?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I'm still not seeing the wire though. The hole reminds me of some kind of flange or ball joint. Car parts on mars?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Here it is cropped then image enlarged and sharpened and slightly darkened on Photo Studio

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I see nothing that even resembles wires. The object however is a bit strange, it doesn't look very natural to me. But I have been fooled before.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

What's this thing to the right? Has a cork screw feel to it. Doesn't seem very natural either.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I'm still not seeing the wire though. The hole reminds me of some kind of flange or ball joint. Car parts on mars?

I'm going with mortar and pestle. Marjitos anyone?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Of course. "I saw it on TV so it must be true."

There is no software which can provide detail which is not in the original image. Any software which does anything but a "pixel resize" interpolates information. It "invents" details which are not in the original image.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ive explained it to him already.

Photozoom changes the pixel sizes, it doesnt alter the image. You cant get more detail out of the image, but you can preserve it as you zoom in. I dont think people understand the concept of the software, thus think its magic or lies.

edit on 31-8-2012 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Regardless of software or zooming in, can you not see the beveled edge?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The tiny alien Indians were stacking rocks there.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

You cant get more detail out of the image, but you can preserve it as you zoom in.

You cannot go beyond the resolution of the original image. A pixel resize just makes the pixels bigger, including jpg artifacts.

It is not a helmet. It is not a part of machinery. There is no strap. There is no wire.

It is a rock.

edit on 8/31/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join