It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Afghan children beheaded in separate incidents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

excellent point,

so as too not have to completly backpedal

[i am trying to be balanced here]

these things[programs] evolve faster than virii

definately a disaster this war,
one wouid think that the lessons of vietnam
and the soviet fiasco involving a country that's earned the title of

the graveyard of empires

would have taken

alas, pride [and medal-seeking] goeth before the fall

nation building wont work there
the afghans, being fiercely independent since time out of mind, are tecnically anarchists

and karzai is only really the ruler of kabul, a local satrap/admin if you would

sorta off topic but you'd think monsanto
would see $$$$$ in creating GMO poppies
that could be grown anywhere

i suspect all this is for the purpose of using up/wasting resources as orwell put it

have a nice once

edit on 31-8-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Well, I think the term "graveyard of empires" is more of a prideful talking point for Afghans than an accurate descriptor. The British Empire had a spot of trouble there, but the likes of Alexander and Genghis Khan did a number. It's a matter, I think, of trying to fight a "gentleman's war" as opposed to just getting it done, and that seems to be one of the problems our own politicians (both in and out of uniform) have failed to adequately grasp.

"Nation building" is another of those problems they aren't getting a good grip on. No such thing as "nation building" - there is a nation already there, and they seem to be taking exception to the wrong sort of interference. If you want to build a nation, it's generally good form to build a nation the people who will be living in it would like to have. That means letting THEM sort out the detail, rather than imposing them, and just providing assistance in creating the infrastructure THEY want.

If, after the Soviet withdrawal, we had charged into that power vaccuum left thereby and provided that sort of assistance, the Taliban would never have been, and Afghans would have had the country they wanted, since they would have been making the choices. The power vaccuum would have been plugged, and the Taliban would never have had a hook to rise on. had we done that THEN, as a few isolated voices in the wilderness were calling for, we would not have this war NOW, and there would be no need to discuss strategies and tactics for either side. It was not our involvement in the Soviet Afghan war that nailed the coffin shut, it was our failure of involvement in the aftermath of that war. Everyone wants to try to blame Operation Cyclone, and all manner of made up fantasy stuff (i.e. "Tim Osman", et al), but that's all just a smoke screen. Cyclone was a whopping success - the aftermath was a failure.

"nation building" seems to me to be more a politically correct code word for "government installing", rather than having anything to do really with nation building.

I've not much use for Karzai, either. He's just as corrupt as the next guy, and is not much more than a figurehead for an installed government. About the only thing good that can be said for him is that he is plugging the hole that the Taliban would otherwise be plugging. I don't think the Afghans much care for either alternative, but it would probably be best to check with an actual Afghan on that.

edit on 2012/8/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
For my own well being i should not have started this thread,the more i think about it the more i want to self destruct with anger..
edit on 31-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My wife, who can't post at the moment, says:

"What is wrong is wrong. If we do not stand against injustice, even if it be perpetrated by our brother, then we have joined with the evil in this world."

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Ya but two wrongs don't make it right,i hear you though brother

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Wrong is just wrong, and isn't right, and can't be made right with another wrong. they don't cancel out. The thread, however, is about one particular wrong, and that is what she was speaking about. She said no one was trying to make a wrong right by applying another wrong.

She says that children are angels. They can't have done wrong, because they don't know right from wrong. killing a child is the same as killing an angel, and there isn't any right reason for it. Until they know right from wrong, they can't have done wrong, and so are never deserving of death.

She says that until a child hits puberty, they are considered as angels before God, and there is never any justification for killing such, because they are pure.

edit on 2012/8/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Yer forgetting the atricities perpetrated by the Viet Cong themselves......As a matter of fact they were killing anything that moved for a long time before the west tried to send some of their own medicine back to them......
They are famous for their inhuman treatmment of the Vietnamese people......

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

read the 3 posts
immediately above yours

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

This particular story has weight, first, while Faisal may be seen as a puppet in your eyes, life WAS hell under the Taliban. That is one place on earth no one need make up stories concerning events. They actually do happen.
edit on 1-9-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

This particular story has weight, first, while Faisal may be seen as a puppet in your eyes, life WAS hell under the Taliban. That is one place on earth no one need make up stories concerning events. They actually do happen.

lol
because you say so?

stating an opinion in the form of declaritive, fulminant doctrinal nonsense
does not make it a fact or true

it remains merely your opinion [or delusion, in truth]
in the form of declaritive, fulminant doctrinal nonsense

:shk:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Oh god . This is inhumane and insane.When will this end....

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
No words..

KABUL (Reuters) - An adolescent boy and a young girl have been beheaded in two separate incidents in Afghanistan, local officials and police said on Friday, in the latest brazen attacks that have raised fresh questions about a splintering [b]Taliban.

A 12-year-old boy was kidnapped and killed in southern Kandahar province on Wednesday, his severed head placed near his body to send a warning to police, said provincial governor spokesman Jawid Faisal.
news.yahoo.com...

From Wiki

The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان), alternative spelling Taleban, (ṭālibān, meaning " students" in Pashto) is an ***Islamist*** militant movement of Pashtun tribesmen.

Praise ALLAH!
Now I can see why a god would want to flood the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Wrong is just wrong, and isn't right, and can't be made right with another wrong. they don't cancel out. The thread, however, is about one particular wrong, and that is what she was speaking about. She said no one was trying to make a wrong right by applying another wrong.

She says that children are angels. They can't have done wrong, because they don't know right from wrong. killing a child is the same as killing an angel, and there isn't any right reason for it. Until they know right from wrong, they can't have done wrong, and so are never deserving of death.

She says that until a child hits puberty, they are considered as angels before God, and there is never any justification for killing such, because they are pure.

Ya know, if we looked upon heinous crimes against adults as we do against children, maybe the world would be a better place. By declaring children to be "never deserving of death", the flip side is that it's more acceptable to kill anyone over a certain age.

Person 1: "They cut off his head!"
Person 2: "Was the victim a child?"
Person 1: "No. An adult."
Person 2: "Well, all right then."

It's not the age of the victim that makes beheading an evil thing. It's the act itself.

edit on 9/2/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Z07MB
Oh god . This is inhumane and insane.When will this end....

Human history tells us that it will never end.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by nenothtu

Ya know, if we looked upon heinous crimes against adults as we do against children, maybe the world would be a better place. By declaring children to be "never deserving of death", the flip side is that it's more acceptable to kill anyone over a certain age.

Person 1: "They cut off his head!"
Person 2: "Was the victim a child?"
Person 1: "No. An adult."
Person 2: "Well, all right then."

It's not the age of the victim that makes beheading an evil thing. It's the act itself.

I don't have a problem killing folks who desperately need it. I don't care how it's done as long as they stop breathing.

Kids NEVER desperately need killing. Some grownups do.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
No child deserves this type of death but what makes this even more sick is the fact the US government funded these murderers back in the day and have openly admitted it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

lol
because you say so?

I say so too. If Afghans had wanted the Taliban, then the Taliban would have at some point in it's entire history controlled more than 60 % of the country. Life was hell under the Taliban even for those Muslims who are used to life being hell.

stating an opinion in the form of declaritive, fulminant doctrinal nonsense
does not make it a fact or true

Nor does it make it fantasy or untrue.

it remains merely your opinion [or delusion, in truth]
in the form of declaritive, fulminant doctrinal nonsense

:shk:

One would presume that an informed opinion carries more weight than an uniformed one. In these matters, OpinionatedB is pretty well informed. This opinion is not delusion.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I do agree that people need to be held accountable,esp when it involves children it becomes personal,but if killing other another human being isn't going to change or solve the problem , then whats the point besides being implicit in the crime yourself and in doing so you currupt your own spirit.
There are many worse things than death on this planet,try a life time of extreme poverty,malnutrition,and disease which is the case in areas of Africa where Millions of children die each year virtually unnoticed..
I don't see anyone here being uppity about that..
edit on 4-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by sonnny1
Another sign, that humanity will NEVER change.

Sad.

Has and will.
Its the WHEAT and CHAFF separation PROCESS that will show the proof of that.

NAMASTE*******

I want the chaff deprogrammed, healed and saved as well. PERIOD. Everyone has to wake up from this incredibly horrific dream and we don't want to have to keep coming to rescue them and I'm not allowing anything other than an absolutely perfect ending of redemption for all.

If it was that, it would have been over long ago, just separate people and get it over with, its because Goodness Loves All, that it takes so long.

And I certainly don't know how they're going to make up for what people have gone through, the things that have happened to people made everything in existence vanish forever. You cannot have someone go through something horrific and then wipe it away, that is evil to do so, so the memory remains, and since that is so, I don't get how this is ever ever ever ever to infinity and beyond, allowed. Ever!

And I saw a video from OldCorps here, on his youtube channel, where he had an exclusive on Libya and someone with Nato information, that he thinks may have contributed to his young daughter, just 24, dying suddenly of a heart attack. In any case, the clips I saw of the beheadings and the child impaled, and he was still looking at people, and it was on video, don't have a clue how anything like that could ever ever ever be allowed, and I am going to find out, from the Highest HIghest Highest Highest Levels how this could ever ever ever be, because I don't support it, and renounce it and all harm.

To me because this is so horrific and has been since childhood to me, EARTH DOESNT EXIST. Yet the memories remain.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I'm already thoroughly corrupted, so I don't much worry about having my spirit corrupted. That being said, ending another human won't change the things they've already done or return or repair the people they've killed or injured. It will, however, insure that they don't do it to another one, so I have no problem at all in erasing some people from this planet. It protects people who never, ever even know they were in danger to begin with.

That's my idea of a job well done - to save someone or several someones who will never know that they would otherwise have been in danger, because that danger won't live long enough to present itself to them. If they have demonstrated that proclivity in the past, there is no reason to believe they won't in the future. Who knows? The life you save may even be your own.

Or your sister's or brother's. Or, more likely, someone you will never even meet. Who is saved doesn't even matter in the long run, but they matter to someone.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join