It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexism All Across the Board

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Well you can get a response out of someone by NOT being condenscending. Fact. So if you wish, try again. Because I didn't get a pleasant enough vibe to respond to your question.

My questions are straight and honest. But since you cannot stop changing subjects instead of answering, I guess there's no point.

Good bye.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Anyway......here you go Mistress: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some of the minor parts of the cartoon some people may find offensive, but it's the final frame that hits home. We need each other and, in a way, I think that was the premise of your whole thread. We're both equal in that we need each other. All the petty bickering just distracts us from that fact.

That whole cartoon harkens back to time when things were simpler. Roles were more defined and life, for the most part, was good. Yes, it's good that women have choices whereas they didn't before, but at the end of the day the basics still remain. The man is the provider and woman takes care of what is provided. It's equal.

Personally, I hold most women in higher regard then men. Sure, the bad ones get all the press, but they're in the minority. I'd rather have a good woman in charge of things then a good man. They just have more depth somehow.

Good topic

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

Smooth, real smooth. You've even mastered the technique of diversion.

I don't know what diversion you are referring to as I've only asked questions directly related to your comments. Whereas you, instead of answering to questions, start talking about how "clever" people are or their strategies. Isn't that diversion?

You expect me to think that a useless comment such a "Why did you post two different answers to the same comment (Maybe because I felt like it...) is not an attempt to divert my attention?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence

Well you can get a response out of someone by NOT being condenscending. Fact. So if you wish, try again. Because I didn't get a pleasant enough vibe to respond to your question.

My questions are straight and honest. But since you cannot stop changing subjects instead of answering, I guess there's no point.

Good bye.

HAHA! Good one! Yea, that question of yours was really, really as straightforward as it gets right?!

Because giving two erroneous options inside a question is as straightforward as it gets...

It was honest maybe I'll give you that.

Bye then.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
There is just as much misandry on these boards, as there is Misogyny.

The war of the sexes that is created, and perpetuated by those in power continues very strongly. Please do not pretend that women don't play equal part in the disparagement of men in today's world.

Both are equally disgusting, however one is far more discussed than the other.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I realize that women hold this view as well and I DO in fact find it disgusting. I agree with the poster that is taking most of the stigma here that said about women needing to stop trying to manipulate men and control and I completely agree. We EACH need to stay in our own places in regards to control and etc. As I stated, EQUAL is what I'm going for. I made quite a few references to believing in equality and said that I in turn do NOT want to control any man, I was just stating a point as to what I saw a negative trend in the other topic. I know that we need each other or else there would NOT be two genders occupying this planet.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Reminder...

This is the rant forum, not the bickering forum.

Please discuss the topic and not each other.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join