It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Debate Forum - Calling all Fighters

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hi all,

I currently have a debate open with Sublimecraft that I will not be finishing. Mods feel free to close it.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, I had agreed to a topic with adjensen (Atlantis) which I will not be starting.

I apologize for this, I have decided that I need to take some time away from ATS. I love the site, especially the debates, but I feel as if my mental balance and clarity is being thrown off because of the amount of time I've spent here in recent months. My hope is that by taking a few weeks to restore my focus on more practical things in my life, I'll be able to come back and be more selective about what I read here, and limit the general time I've spent. It's become an addiction of sorts, and I need to step back from the emotional/intellectual roller coaster of ATS and get my mind back to a more balanced state.

Hope to see you all once I feel comfortable participating here again, I plan on re-eevaluating in a few weeks.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

You have my full support Pat.

As I said, take all the time you need. It is a pleasure conversing with you mate, you are a gentleman.

I spend alot of time per day here and would definitely be where you are if it were not for the Avatar Creations thread and the very mellow nature of it's theme and the individuals whom make up the regular crew there.

Look after yourself mate, I'll see you when you get back OK.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

No worries, and I know what you mean -- I left for about a year because I was getting too wound up at times.

Oh, but the siren's song... the siren's song...

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Hi all,

I currently have a debate open with Sublimecraft that I will not be finishing. Mods feel free to close it.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, I had agreed to a topic with adjensen (Atlantis) which I will not be starting.

I apologize for this, I have decided that I need to take some time away from ATS. I love the site, especially the debates, but I feel as if my mental balance and clarity is being thrown off because of the amount of time I've spent here in recent months. My hope is that by taking a few weeks to restore my focus on more practical things in my life, I'll be able to come back and be more selective about what I read here, and limit the general time I've spent. It's become an addiction of sorts, and I need to step back from the emotional/intellectual roller coaster of ATS and get my mind back to a more balanced state.

Hope to see you all once I feel comfortable participating here again, I plan on re-eevaluating in a few weeks.

It's BAAAAAD when you eat too much ATS candy at once. Shame on you. *shakes finger scoldingly*

Take a break, spend time with the GF, and get back to us in small amounts when your life gets more normal again.

Just remember, ATS will always be here. Login when you can. Peace, my friend.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I am still working out a response. The stuffy head and SH have me distracted. Please forgive the delay, but I'll make it worth your while. I hate being sick.

I could've put one in tonight, but it would've been bland. I just can't muster a serious coherent train of thought.

Still here, still reading, just not up for the final steel cage blood and gore!

Almost there.

You understand.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

No worries at all my friend. I too am fighting off the creeping crud lately. Seems like every time I feel like I've beaten it, it comes back a day or two later with a vengeance. Woke up this morning wheezing, coughing, and stuffed up. After I had been upright for an hour or two? Feeling fine again.

Tis the season. No hurries and no worries. Just take care of #1 - the debate will wait.

Good God, I just rhymed more than Johnny Cochran in an OJ trial. I didn't even try to.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I will meet you on the flip-side then, with chainsaw gunning!

Peace and out.

(Prolly tomorrow eve.)

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The results in the journalism debate are in and the winner is....

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hello,

congratulations to adjensen on a well deserved win, and to the forum and judges.

Thanks.

SS

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
congratulations to adjensen on a well deserved win, and to the forum and judges.

And congratulations and thanks to you for a well fought debate! You definitely had an uphill battle ahead of you in defending the mainstream media on ATS!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Thats alright. For similar reasons I limited my own posting mainly to this Forum. Its a place to learn and grow without all the noise of normal threads. I trust we will see you some day again.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Second reply in the Public Education debate has been posted! We're really cruising, Sky!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Second Post is (finally) UP!

In part 3 of the AI debate series, "AI will be beneficial to mankind."

Over to you, Heff, my friend. Sorry for the delay, but this darn flubug is hard to shake. I'm on the tail-end of it's influence......

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
Hello,

Thanks.

SS

Sorry you've lost twice thus far. I hope that doesnt put you off the Forum because your debating has been really good.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Second reply in the Public Education debate has been posted! We're really cruising, Sky!

Yes, cruising. I can see why they say you're almost unbeatable.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Alright adjensen, the FINAL REPLY in the School Debate is up.

Thanks for the Challenge!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hello,

like patrick and many other members, I too have decided to take a break from posting, I can't seem to stop myself from logging in though...

To be perfectly honest, I was once proud to be part of ATS, now that pride has been replaced with a sense of deep disappointment...In myself firstly, and the site second.

Scanning the main page and new threads, everyday debunked theories get re-hashed, and I see hate, and ignorance flourish, while forums like this one try, they are the minority, in the truest sense of the word.

I see all of the above, as firstly a failure on my part, and to be perfectly honest again, I don't see things improving anytime soon, in fact they're likely to get worse, much worse.

That being said, every member of this forum has my complete respect, and I thank you all for the time I was given to debate here.

For the foreseeable future, I will not enter into any new debates, threads, or judging requests.
This, as mentioned has to do with me, my views and not the forum or the outcome of my debates.

Thank you.

SS

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

As mentioned above, I enjoyed your debates and am sorry to see you go so soon.

Goodbye.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join