It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Australian soldiers killed - worst day since Vietnam

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So how many nations are the Afghans fighting, again?

How is it that Afghanistans rag tag guerrilla forces....that lack armoured vehicles and air support.... are able to successfully resist the American forces AND its allies from Australia and around the world..... for ELEVEN years?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I agree with most of the things you said.. especially when it comes to dropping bombs and pissing on corpses etc. But would a rogue Afghan see a US soldier, An Aussie soldier or even a British soldier any different? We may not do the things other countries are renown for but when it comes down to it, we are all on the same side and we are all the same enemy to them.. It doesn't matter what country we represent, if they want to kill allied soldiers, they will take a stab at any of them.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Again, i reiterate, Australia does not go out of its way to kill innocents. They never have, and never will. Show some respect.

And neither does the US. Sorry, but having been in planning sessions for attacks and whatnot, US Forces don't look at the map and say, "Wow, a lotta Taliban are here....hmmmmm.....let's attack these women and children instead."

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Secondly, Australians act in utmost professionalism. Australia does not send untrained soldiers into battle zones to be slaughtered (much like the USA).

Wrong again. The US does not send untrained Troops "into battle zones to be slaughtered".

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
So how many nations are the Afghans fighting, again?

Doesn't matter how many "nations" the Taliban are fighting. It depends on how many actual fighting Troops there are.

How is it that Afghanistans rag tag guerrilla forces....that lack armoured vehicles and air support.... are able to successfully resist the American forces AND its allies from Australia and around the world..... for ELEVEN years?

Well, it's always easy when you hide in the civilian population and us human shields.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Seriously, what is with the hate?!

I believe that respect ought to be displayed in this thread, not hate or resentment. Settle down. There is no need to produce hate provoking comments regarding Australian troops, and doubly so, considering there are ex-members posting here...how about a bit of courtesy hey?

Rarely, if ever do innocent civilians succumb to the actions of Australian troops. Put it this way. While Australia focuses on Winning Hearts And Minds, other countries are out there every day, killing and disrespecting civilians, and not caring at all. For example:

Does Australia use air power to demolish innocent villages? No, Australia does not.

Does Australia use drones to shoot at potential enemies? No Australia does not.

Does Australia kill enemies then take a leak on their bodies? No, Australia does not.

Does Australia burn Korans (the most important book in the Middle East), causing Nation wide riots? No, Australia does not.

The simple fact is, Australia, in no way goes out of it's way to disrespect the innocents of any nation they are aiding, and i believe there is a misconception regarding this from the members posting here.

Regarding the two males who were shot dead by Australian AND Afghan troops the other day, they were confirmed to have local ties to the insurgents in the area. Just because the President of Afghanistan (who, by the way is corrupt and stands shoulder to shoulder with insurgents) states that they were innocent does not make it so. Even ISAF and NATO were suspicious about the Presidents motives behind his statements.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

As for the insider attacks. I refuse to believe that is is revenge for whatever "horrendous crime" Australia has committed. I believe that these soldiers may be affiliated with the Taliban, and are carrying out orders to attack Allied soldiers. Think about it. What better way to defeat the enemy than attacking them from the inside? Make the enemy feel vulnerable. Make the enemy suspicious of those he is training. Destroy the enemy's morale by destroying them from the inside. This will achieve the desired result. Not only does it affect the soldiers' morale, but that of the country in which they are serving.

Again, i reiterate, Australia does not go out of its way to kill innocents. They never have, and never will. Show some respect.
edit on 3-9-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

Australian soldiers may be much better than the American US military for the reasons you put forward - we don’t do that crap and murder innocent civilians, you are correct.

But we are also not without fault when it comes to mistakes and bad blood.

The people of any country where the US has invaded will lump all troops into one basket, you would do the same if you were uneducated and your country was under attack - who cares who is attacking you as long as you kill them – or they stop and leave.

I’m sure the people conducting revenge attacks don’t go “oh, that’s an Aussie soldier, I’m not mad at them for being here and taking over my country?” it does not figure into the equation, they see an invader.

The US has to stop, but it seems that they never will…. the continuing wars have escalated racism and hatred. The use of drones and the targeting of innocent civilians will make sure that the world will never see peace again…. This includes the use of drones and surveillance on ordinary citizens. Give it less than 5 years and drones will be patrolling us here in Australia.

The only way we can say stop is to pull our troops and say no more – but we will never do that because of our ties to the US – and that will get us killed, or worse, the US will destroy this world through hatred and then financial collapse (not necessarily in that order)

The real enemy is the US government to this world, not the make believe ‘terrorists’ nor the innocent people of the countries that have been invaded and destroyed by the US (and us a little as well, because we do what the US says)

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

And neither does the US. Sorry, but having been in planning sessions for attacks and whatnot, US Forces don't look at the map and say, "Wow, a lotta Taliban are here....hmmmmm.....let's attack these women and children instead."

Well, obviously!

I'm sure that no commander told those Marines to take a leak on those corpses...sparking outrage. In the end of the day, it falls upon the actions of those on the ground. Planning is one thing, being there fighting it is another.

It is obvious that the US forces burnt the Korans on purpose.

It is obvious that the US forces pissed on dead bodies on purpose.

I am sure that both incidents were not foreseen by those in the planning sessions...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Well, it's always easy when you hide in the civilian population and us human shields.

Its a whole lot easier to hide behind superior tech, armor and air support.

edit on 4-9-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Its a whole lot easier to hide behind superior tech, armor and air support.

Shucks, sorry. I must have forgetten the part about when you go do war, you're suppose to hamstring your military. Take away their armor, air support, etc, simply because the other side doesnj't have it. Well, there's always suicide bombs; the Taliban seem to love those.

And sorry that you seem to equate having armor and air support to be the same as hiding behind women and children like the Taliban does.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm sure that no commander told those Marines to take a leak on those corpses...sparking outrage. In the end of the day, it falls upon the actions of those on the ground. Planning is one thing, being there fighting it is another.

I've been on planning attacks and guess what? I was there doing the fighting, too.

Yep, the Marines were chuckleheads for pissing on those dead guys, but big freakin' deal. I do seem to remember dead US Contractors being dragged thru the streets in Iraq, burned and hung on bridges. Dead US Aircrew being dragged thru the streets in The Mog. Dead US Troops being mutilated and dumped in garbage dumps in Iraq.

It is obvious that the US forces burnt the Korans on purpose.

The US Military always burns their trash and they thought some of the religious material was a bit extreme and used to pass messages. It was a mistake. How about the Afghan guy they caught throwing a Koran over the wire and into a burn pit? You know, just trying to keep stirring up a bit of trouble.

It is obvious that the US forces pissed on dead bodies on purpose.

See above.

I am sure that both incidents were not foreseen by those in the planning sessions...

Gotta agree with you on that.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Shucks, sorry. I must have forgetten the part about when you go do war, you're suppose to hamstring your military. Take away their armor, air support, etc, simply because the other side doesnj't have it. Well, there's always suicide bombs; the Taliban seem to love those.

I'm not saying the armor and air support needs to be taken away because the "other side doesn't have it".
I'm just pointing out how, despite the armor/air support, the war is dragging on for ELEVEN years.

hiding behind women and children like the Taliban does.

Women and children are also being killed by the invading army. So its not just the Taliban putting women and children at risk.

Its not like the invading army holds the higher moral ground.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I'm not saying the armor and air support needs to be taken away because the "other side doesn't have it".
I'm just pointing out how, despite the armor/air support, the war is dragging on for ELEVEN years.

Well, then, ok. Let's crank up the blitzkrieg and start carpet bombing. That'll end things quick.

Women and children are also being killed by the invading army. So its not just the Taliban putting women and children at risk.

Its not like the invading army holds the higher moral ground.

They arer being killed because the Taliban are using them as shields. They are the ones putting them at risk or killing them outright. in 2009, a UN report stated that the majority of civilian deaths in A-stan were from the Taliban.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
How many Australians are deployed around the world?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mickierocksman
Where did the OP go, its been days and no reply?

Silent....

Mickierocksman

He probably has a real life and doesn't have the time to suffer fools. Just a wild guess on my part.

Correct.

Once this turned into a hate mongering topic, I decided to step away.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Silent....

Mickierocksman

He probably has a real life and doesn't have the time to suffer fools. Just a wild guess on my part.

Correct.

But did you learn anything?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Silly Aussies... You don't have to freak out every SINGLE time someone dies from a bullet or explosion.

Cry me a river. You want to make a big deal out of 5 aussies but ignore the thousands that die every day.

OMG VIOLENCE AND DEATH I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE WHEN WILL IT STOP?!?! HINT: NEVER

and stop pretending Australia doesn't exterminate populations for land! LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
reply to post by ExCommando

What has this got to do with my post? How is it relevant, at all, to the topic in hand?

Revenge Einstein.

Afghani's want revenge for murder of their children and occupation of their country.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

yup

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Silent....

Mickierocksman

Correct.

But did you learn anything?

Mickierocksman

I've only read three pages and learned that you know nothing of what you speak.as do most of the others, who have never been outside, their home country's to a real third world country. You know don't the meaning of Sacrifice or courage.

You sit safe behind your computer, know nothing but what you read in the papers or online. You have never seen first hand the policy's first hand. Just read about them, than in your infinite wisdom decided you just had to inform every one on the internet how wrong they where and how right you are.

Congratulations you failed at both. News flash, no one cares about what you think, what you think you know. Because every time, you write I see uninformed garbage that has no place in this world. It's easy to sit behind a computer and talk trash, its another to lay down arms, for your country man. Don't worry I know you won't, You will do what your kind always does, pretend to have some moral high ground, lambast away, and think you scored some form of moral victory.

The situation and the reason, that no will ever win in Afghanistan is, the U.S and its allies will never do what is really necessary to win. They will never untie their soldiers hands and let them really finish the job. They are Military, not police They have no real need or want to maintain peace or enforce rules or laws on a people they are occupying.

The failure that resulted in the last eleven years, is not on the part of soldiers, but the brass and leaders set to wage a war, on a faceless enemy where they put loyalists instead of capable people. Thus they had a bunch of morons, who where only loyal to Bush, in Iraq and Afghanistan and had no ideal what so ever how to do the job they where given. Thus the blood on the streets.

Also, last I cheeked they may have killed five Australians but the number of their dead are still in the hundreds dead by comparison so, while the loss was high for the Australians it was more than tipped in their favor by the hundreds already killed by N.A.T.O forces.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join