It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Pope Benedict is the Last Pope and is the Anti-Christ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman
reply to post by queenofangels_17

Hey, go read Revelations again. The anti-Christ isn't in there. The anti-Christ isn't a guy. The anti-Christ is a spirit. There's more than one. In fact there's lots of them. John says in his time several anti-Christs had already come. John defines an anti-Christ as anyone that denies Jesus is the Messiah.
edit on 30-8-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

Muslims don't deny that Jesus is the Messiah.

They have a clear picture of his true nature.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I don't think his nicknames are "the Assyrian", the "King of Tyre", "Prince of Persia", or the "King of Babylon". Also never heard him deny that Christ came in the flesh or deny that Christ is the Son of God.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by steve1709

ah,the tabernacle!!! is it big enough to fit the arc of the covenant inside of it???!!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I don't recall saying the Muslims were the Antichrist? Is that what you're saying? What I said is there is more than one antichrist according to John in the Bible. What is and what isn't an antichrist is still up for debate.

1 John 2:22 "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23: Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."

Muslims do deny Jesus was the son of God though right? But I don't know that much about Islam anyway. That's a much longer debate. I can't tell you the answer on that.

My point was just that THE Antichrist of Revelations that you hear about in TV and movies that's coming at the end of the world? Doesn't exist. Never did.

The antichrists showed up before the apostles were even dead yet. They've been here the whole time.

edit on 31-8-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What if Pope Benedict is the Last Pope and is the Anti-Christ

- Last pope? Maybe. You never know.

- Anitchrist?
Definately not. The Anti-Christ is supposed to be charming and have all people adoring him. He'll sucker in the different nations with his sleek politicing. He'll do 'miracles' that will get people thinking he's divine. He'll charm the socks off everyone. The WORLD will adore him ...

Ratzinger .. (Pope Benedict) doesn't have 'it'.
Even most Catholics don't listen to him, let alone the entire planet.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17

They CAN'T have a 'clear picture' of his true nature. They don't even have His Gospels. All they have is a filtered version they got through a caravan raider (Muhammad). They are missing most of the story of Christ.

John 1 .... 'in the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God'.
Christ is GOD.

And as far as there being many anti-christs. This is true. But there is also one who stands out. Jesus Himself said it. John 5:43 (Jesus speaking) I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

And as far as there being many anti-christs. This is true. But there is also one who stands out. Jesus Himself said it. John 5:43 (Jesus speaking) I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

Yes the Beast of Revelations, or the false prophet, the Man of Sin, or Man of perdition or whatever.
They will be antichrists too. But Christians should know that The Antichrist, that is the spirit, is already here and has been here for a long, long time. There are antichrists all around us.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

They CAN'T have a 'clear picture' of his true nature. They don't even have His Gospels. All they have is a filtered version they got through a caravan raider (Muhammad). They are missing most of the story of Christ.

John 1 .... 'in the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God, and The Word was God'.
Christ is GOD.

You are all drunk for now, but in a later while you will shake off your wine and repent.

You are all like mad dogs who mistakenly attack their Master.

Jesus came in the name of His father, as you said but why do you pray in Jesus' name?

The Prophet Muhammad came in the name of the Father, Allah, but you do not accept him.

But if someone else comes in his own name, Jesus, you will accept him.

So who is really the anti-Christ?

Jesus and Muhammad both came in the name of Allah, but you reject them both.

Didn't Jesus say, If the two makes peace in this house, they will say to the Mountain, "Move" and it will move away.

If the House of Israel and Ismael makes peace in this house, Mary/Fatima ( spirit bearers) they will say to the Mountain, Move and it will move away.

Whoever has ears to hear let them hear!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What if Pope Benedict is the Last Pope and is the Anti-Christ

- Last pope? Maybe. You never know.

- Anitchrist?
Definately not. The Anti-Christ is supposed to be charming and have all people adoring him. He'll sucker in the different nations with his sleek politicing. He'll do 'miracles' that will get people thinking he's divine. He'll charm the socks off everyone. The WORLD will adore him ...

Ratzinger .. (Pope Benedict) doesn't have 'it'.
Even most Catholics don't listen to him, let alone the entire planet.

Yes, but this Deceiver will come out from the Vatican, and they will imitate the Wedding of the Beloved, and who ever attends this Wedding will be given a cup of wine like unto abomination, which will cause whoever drink it to vomit his wisdom, and become like the undead, soul less.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The Prophet Muhammad came in the name of the Father, Allah, but you do not accept him.

Of course not -- he misrepresents Christ, so it is patently obvious to a Christian that Muhammad was not a prophet of the God of Christianity. Muslims rely on forged texts, such as the Gospel of Barnabas to led credence to their claim that Jesus and Muhammed are part and parcel of the same God, but they are not.

Suggesting that we should pay attention to Muhammad is akin to saying that we should pay attention to Joseph Smith or Charles Taze Russell -- apart from defending Christianity against their errors, it's not gonna happen.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I know they rewrote the story of the woman at the well to turn Jesus into a forerunner for Mohammed, which is unusual given the framing of the lesson he was teaching his disciples.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Hey, go read Revelations again. The anti-Christ isn't in there. The anti-Christ isn't a guy. The anti-Christ is a spirit. There's more than one. In fact there's lots of them. John says in his time several anti-Christs had already come. John defines an anti-Christ as anyone that denies Jesus is the Messiah.
edit on 30-8-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

100% correct.

Anyone who actively works against the Body of Christ and the work of Jesus Christ in His temple (Church of God) has the spirit (mind) against Christ (anti-christ).

There is a false prophet in which the pope may in fact be however.

Interesting thread.

God Bless,

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

.You are all drunk for now, but in a later while you will shake off your wine and repent.

:shk: Typical. typical. typical. :shk:

You are all like mad dogs who mistakenly attack their Master.

You spit out garbage at people and at the same time you offer no proof that you are correct and I am wrong. Know why? Because I was correct. You do NOT know who Jesus is because you do NOT have His gospels as part of your religion. You only get a watered down variation that was filtered through a man who was a caravan thief and murderer. Therefore .. you do not know who Jesus is. You can't. You haven't got all the information.

NOTHING you said proves that statement wrong. Nothing.

Yes, but this Deceiver will come out from the Vatican, ... .

Says YOU. That's YOUR interpretation based on faulty and fragmented Muslim beliefs. The fact is that no one knows where the anti-Christ will come from. NO ONE. To claim to know .. that's a lie. And considering how very few people listen to the Vatican .. (not even Catholics listen to the vatican) .. it's highly DOUBTFUL that the Anti-Christ would come from there. The Anti-Christ is supposed to be charasmatic and draw people in with his energy and visions for world peace and unity blah blah blah. Rome doesn't do that. Not even close.

The antichrist MAY come out of Rome .. or he MAY come out of the middle east .. or he MAY come out of some Islamic cult ... or he MAY come out of Asia .. or he MAY come out of the USA .... NO ONE KNOWS. It's just that simple.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I know they rewrote the story of the woman at the well to turn Jesus into a forerunner for Mohammed, which is unusual given the framing of the lesson he was teaching his disciples.

Edit: Check it out

post by queenofangels_17

by comparison, here's how it reads in the Bible

The Disciples Rejoin Jesus
27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, “What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”

28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?” 30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.”

32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

33 Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?”

34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

How sad is it, that someone would deem it fitting and appropriate to rewrite this scripture to reduce Jesus and exalt Mohammed who at this point wasn't even born, while both sower and reaper rejoiced at the harvest Jesus generated in relation to the town (not a city) of Sychar.

edit on 31-8-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Edit: Check it out

post by queenofangels_17

by comparison, here's how it reads in the Bible

The Disciples Rejoin Jesus
27 Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no one asked, “What do you want?” or “Why are you talking with her?”

28 Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?” 30 They came out of the town and made their way toward him.

31 Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.”

32 But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

33 Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?”

34 “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. 35 Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. 36 Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. 37 Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38 I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”

How sad is it, that someone would deem it fitting and appropriate to rewrite this scripture to reduce Jesus and exalt Mohammed who at this point wasn't even born, while both sower and reaper rejoiced at the harvest Jesus generated in relation to the town (not a city) of Sychar.

NewAgeMan,

My time is running out and I'm going to give away my secrets until all is done according to the Will of God.

Jesus said, "From Adam to John the Baptist, among those born of women, no one is so much greater than John the Baptist that his eyes should not be averted.

But I have said that whoever among you becomes a child will recognize the (Father's) kingdom and will become greater than John."

You said the Prophet Muhammad was not yet born at this time, which is correct and
incorrect. Jesus and the Prophet Muhammad sowed together, I will show you..

Jesus is referring to the Prophet Muhammad, who at that moment is in the person of John the Baptist.

Jesus said that he is not worthy to untie the shoe latchet of the Prophet Muhammad, but the Bible has been corrupted and gave the words to John the Baptist himself, as if he is referring to Jesus..

Those who killed John the Baptist knew that he will return one day as the Prophet Muhammad, owing to a piece of cloth containing his blood, which will flow afresh when the father of the Prophet will be born and so they tried to kill ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim, the Prophet's father but they failed..

But I have said that whoever among you becomes a child will recognize the (Father's) kingdom and will become greater than John."

The child of the Prophet Muhammad, Fatima, she will reap, what Jesus and Prophet Muhammad sowed.

God is my Witness!

He who has ears let him hear.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
" Petrus Romanus, qui paſcet oues in multis tribulationibus: quibus tranſactis ciuitas ſepticollis diruetur, & Iudex tremẽdus iudicabit populum ſuum.[66] Finis.
268 112 Peter the Roman, who will nourish the sheep in many tribulations; when they are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The end."

"Petrus Romanus
The longest and final motto reads in the original Latin:
In ꝑſecutione extre-
ma S.R.E. ſedebit.
Petrus Romanus, qui
paſcet oues in mul-
tis tribulationibus:
quibus tranſactis ci-
uitas ſepticollis di-
ruetur, & Iudex tre
mẽdus iudicabit po
pulum ſuum. Finis.
This is usually translated into English as:
"In the extreme persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit [i.e., as bishop].
Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations:
and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed,
and the terrible judge will judge his people.
The End." Prophecy of St.

"Other interpretations
That last line of the prophecy of St. Malachy is usually interpreted with reference to the last pope (Petrus Romanus, the last in the list), who will be very important for Catholics ("who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations"), and his pontificate will end with the destruction of Rome ("and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed"). However, Lisbon is also known as "the city of the seven hills". And the "destruction" is not necessarily physical, it can be a economical crisis, a great decline of morality and many other things. "Petrus Romanus" doesn't necessarily refer to a pope, it can mean "St. Peter's throne in Rome", that will be empty in the end times." en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Jesus said that he is not worthy to untie the shoe latchet of the Prophet Muhammad, but the Bible has been corrupted and gave the words to John the Baptist himself, as if he is referring to Jesus..

This makes no sense at all, I hope you realize. Also, Jesus is the son of God, made in the image and likeness of God.

I honestly believe that Muhammad was HANDED a corrupted variant of the scriptures, as part of a conspiracy by the Roman church. Muhammad was illiterate as far as I know, and did a number of things that were not let us say perfect as the heavenly father is perfect, unlike Jesus who, spiritually was born from above of the father and who maintained absolute perfection (sinless) unto the cross (and beyond).

But it all got mixed up, and I'm afraid the version you're reading from is the corrupted one from everything I can tell.

I still love you as a brother and admire your well intentioned efforts, may we eventually find a place where we can enjoy being of one accord, without either side showing the slightest need to be right or to dominate the other.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This makes no sense at all, I hope you realize. Also, Jesus is the son of God, made in the image and likeness of God.

I honestly believe that Muhammad was HANDED a corrupted variant of the scriptures, as part of a conspiracy by the Roman church. Muhammad was illiterate as far as I know, and did a number of things that were not let us say perfect as the heavenly father is perfect, unlike Jesus who, spiritually was born from above of the father and who maintained absolute perfection (sinless) unto the cross (and beyond).

But it all got mixed up, and I'm afraid the version you're reading from is the corrupted one from everything I can tell.

I still love you as a brother and admire your well intentioned efforts, may we eventually find a place where we can enjoy being of one accord, without either side showing the slightest need to be right or to dominate the other.

If you love me, NewAgeMan, then you can't be a hypocrite, and If God wills, we will find the meeting ground.

3:64 Say: O People of the Scripture. come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partners unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. and if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him);

If you worship the One God, you are verily my brother and I am your sister in Faith, and God will heal the rancour in our hearts, and make us as bosom friends.

3:103 And hold fast, all of you together, to the cable of Allah, and do not separate. And remember Allah's favor unto you: how ye were enemies and He made friendship between your hearts so that ye became as brothers by His grace; and (how) ye were upon the brink of an abyss of fire, and He did save you from it. Thus Allah maketh clear His revelations unto you, that haply ye may be guided;

I am the cable of Allah.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Jesus is referring to the Prophet Muhammad, who at that moment is in the person of John the Baptist.

Geez, where do you come up with this stuff?

Now Muhammad is the reincarnation of the Jewish John the Baptist? That's not going to win you any fans among the jihadists, I imagine.

Those who killed John the Baptist knew that he will return one day as the Prophet Muhammad, owing to a piece of cloth containing his blood, which will flow afresh when the father of the Prophet will be born and so they tried to kill ʿAbd Allāh ibn ʿAbd al-Muṭṭalib ibn Hāshim, the Prophet's father but they failed..

Herod (not "they") killed John, at the behest of his daughter, after he'd been chucked in prison for criticizing Herod's choice in women. There is no evidence that anyone believed that he would be reincarnated centuries later -- not surprising, as reincarnation is an Eastern belief, not a Jewish one.

None of the known facts about John, Herod or Jesus supports your claims, leading one to conclude that you're just making it up.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven, St. John the Baptist, resurrected, Petrus Romanus in the St. Malachy prophecy.

For Holy Koran study :
www.freeforum101.com...

edit on 1-9-2012 by Edward Palamar because: addenda

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join