It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth does not change. What is it that is always "True" and never changes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by artistpoet

reply to post by arpgme

I disagree that unity is an eternal truth. At one point or an another, there was probably no unity, but chaos and disorder, which still exist. "Unity" was birthed in chaos; it grew and unified in the midst of chaos; it still resides and is bound by chaos. Chaos seems to be more eternal than unity.

What causes unity or harmony is Eternal - It Eternally works on Choas to put it in a better way

I agree. Since unity was birthed in chaos, and chaos was unity's cause, chaos is more eternal.

how do you not know unity was original? according to the big bang before the bang occurred was the most ordered, united, entropy free state,..,

Please explain. I've never heard of this state.

well is it thought that the entire universe via big bang theory,, originated from a singularity? in which there was no space or time or difference in substance ( unsure if there was any substance?)?

I said before the big bang occurred,, the universe must have been in the most simple and ordered state, all energy was united in a single point,, to me this seems like the opposite of chaos,..,

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

I disagree that unity is an eternal truth. At one point or an another, there was probably no unity, but chaos and disorder, which still exist. "Unity" was birthed in chaos; it grew and unified in the midst of chaos; it still resides and is bound by chaos. Chaos seems to be more eternal than unity.

What causes unity or harmony is Eternal - It Eternally works on Choas to put it in a better way

I agree. Since unity was birthed in chaos, and chaos was unity's cause, chaos is more eternal.

how do you not know unity was original? according to the big bang before the bang occurred was the most ordered, united, entropy free state,..,

Please explain. I've never heard of this state.

well is it thought that the entire universe via big bang theory,, originated from a singularity? in which there was no space or time or difference in substance ( unsure if there was any substance?)?

I said before the big bang occurred,, the universe must have been in the most simple and ordered state, all energy was united in a single point,, to me this seems like the opposite of chaos,..,

Good point, but something of infinitely dense energy with zero volume seems to me the opposite of order. The notion of an infinitely dense singularity with zero volume is difficult to fathom as it is; but, nonetheless, that singularity of unity isn't eternal, as it eventually became something it wasn't.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Unity is an Awareness. This awareness leads to acceptance, affection, and compassion (Love).

Even for Hitler? Even for TPTB?

Have you confronted your shadow-self yet? Are we united with evil people? Does disease unite with health? Light with dark?

edit on 30-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by arpgme

Unity is an Awareness. This awareness leads to acceptance, affection, and compassion (Love).

Even for Hitler? Even for TPTB?

Have you confronted your shadow-self yet? Are we united with evil people? Does disease unite with health? Light with dark?

edit on 30-8-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

In a way I get your point but Hitler was hardly an aware soul - I would say he was shrouded in ignorance
It is true we all share this planet but united we are not.
Unity meaning Harmony in this case is possible as is Health
Awareness also can be taken two ways - One can be aware one is evil.
But the Op means awareness of the true nature of who we are
Yes we can have ill thoughts to others but we have a choice to act on them or not - We can choose to consider such thoughts and their effects on others as well as our selves

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

"that singularity of unity isn't eternal, as it eventually became something it wasn't"

it became something it wasnt,,,, but still contained unity and sought order.,

so maybe we are arguing,,, unity is more eternal!,,, chaos is more eternal!..,. ( im not sure if any of that truly means anything so im not really arguing anything i believe persay)

when in reality unity and chaos are both equal balancing parts, yin yanged making up a greater and older eternity.,.,

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

"that singularity of unity isn't eternal, as it eventually became something it wasn't"

it became something it wasnt,,,, but still contained unity and sought order.,

so maybe we are arguing,,, unity is more eternal!,,, chaos is more eternal!..,. ( im not sure if any of that truly means anything so im not really arguing anything i believe persay)

when in reality unity and chaos are both equal balancing parts, yin yanged making up a greater and older eternity.,.,

You're right. Chaos cannot exist without order and vice versa. Neither are eternal. Maybe nothing is eternal.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think the concept of Eternity is misunderstood
Eternity is the beginning and end of being aware of Being.

I believe consciousness itself became aware it was way before any idea of a Big Bang
The so called Big Bang was kick started by consciousness itself
We each have a small part of the essence that Created all we know and will know.

Yes it all could come crashing down and be folded in on itself but consciousness found a way and will find a way.
Yet so far consciousness has done a supreme job of.expanding and refining - The Universe is testament to that.

Ancients believed the Universe was the thoughts of a Creator
Are we not also Creators in our humble way by using our thoughts

edit on 30-8-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I think the concept of Eternity is misunderstood
Eternity is the beginning and end of being aware of Being.

I don't know where you found that definition, but I'm fairly certain it's not from the dictionary.

eternity |iˈtərnitē|
noun ( pl. -ties)
infinite or unending time : their love was sealed for eternity | this state of affairs has lasted for all eternity.
• a state to which time has no application; timelessness.
• Theology endless life after death : immortal souls destined for eternity.
• used euphemistically to refer to death : he could have crashed the car and taken them both to eternity.
• ( an eternity) informal a period of time that seems very long, esp. on account of being tedious or annoying : a silence that lasted an eternity.

I believe consciousness itself became aware it was way before any idea of a Big Bang
The so called Big Bang was kick started by consciousness itself
We each have a small part of the essence that Created all we know and will know.

Consciousness itself becoming conscious? How can one even fathom that concept?

Can happiness become happy with itself? Does ugliness itself become ugly? Does cheerfulness become cheerful with itself? Does anger become angry with itself?

I don't wish to be rude, but consciousness cannot kickstart a damn thing, let alone the beginning of the entire universe.

Yes it all could come crashing down and be folded in on itself but consciousness found a way and will find a way.
Yet so far consciousness has done a supreme job of.expanding and refining - The Universe is testament to that.

Ancients believed the Universe was the thoughts of a Creator
Are we not also Creators in our humble way by using our thoughts

Consciousness isn't a divine being or creator of all. That is the strangest concept I have ever heard—and I've heard many. I'm hoping you are trolling me. If so, good job.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I find your comment that I may be trolling you as very disrespectful.
I am in earnest with what I wrote - Only wishing to add to the discussion - not argue.
If you can not understand me then fine.

Eternity is can be equated to a measure of time.
What is Time - It is the movement of heavenly body's for example - A day, A month, A Year, An Eon (Age) A precessional cycle.

When as a being did you (generic you) become aware you existed

I use the Term Eternity in a Universal Way - The Universe which I think was created by a vast Intelligence of which we each have a small part

l am putting forward my understanding - Did I insult you as you have I

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Umm wha ?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Thank you for your response.

I'll say it in a more simple way.

If you look deep enough, you'll see cells moving around in your body. All of these cells look like separate "beings" moving about - but as you look further away - it is one THING - a tissue. As you zoom out even further - it is all YOU.

As you zoom out more - it is just EARTH. As you zoom out more it is just the milky way galaxy (LIGHT).

And as you keep zooming out, all of the galaxies bunch together and it is all LIGHT. No separation - complete unity. The "gaps" or "darkness" can only be seen from having a very, very "close" view, but as you look from the bigger picture it is all one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join