It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry Paul Ryan, No one get's their rights from god.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
My God created humans... What good is any disbelief in Him and His power?

Prove it.
Why are you denying my god? What good is your disbelief in my god and his power?

Find a Bible and read it sometime (they're available for free at most churches if you simply ask, FYI.)[/quote

Been there, done that.

God granted mankind free will, allowing them and their actions to have oftentimes adverse effects upon them, their rights, and the rights of those around them.

Which god is that, now? Just your god? My god does not qualify? Which gods qualify and which do not. I need to see where my god is on your list.

Blessed is he who makes the right choices and stands for freedom and justice, but woe to he who attempts to destroy that which God has created.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Not my problem you are trying to destroy my god. You did however fail completely do actually address my OP.
Prosteletyzing does you what good here?
Even gone into a mosque and tried telling those people they need to read your holy book?
Christianity is not the only religion out there.
Why do you get to say it is the only thing that is true.
Where do all the people from other religions and the atheists get their rights or do they have fewer rights than you?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Umm... By stating you are an atheist, you have exercised one of your "natural rights."

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

Your god is the god of materialism? Just wondering because atheism is materialism. Secular humanism is materialism, and Marxism is dialectical materialism. Scientific humanism is materialism.
edit on 3-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is pretty simple, really. My God is Love. Any 'god' which is not exemplified by Love, I therefore reject wholeheartedly and consider a complete falsehood. I have no issue with those of different religions than I, at least if their ethos is centered upon a loving god. I'm not saying I agree with them, but to each his own.

I see no evidence of love in the god you reflect in this thread. I see gods of jealousy, spite, strife, and self...

So in short, No, your god doesn't qualify and has no place on my so-called "list".

Now, if you have a stringent belief in this god of yours, my opinion shouldn't really matter and you should be content and confident in your direction. Attacks such as this thread's OP would indicate a deep rooted insecurity with what is really Truth and the direction the individual has chosen for themself. It kinda goes hand in hand with the most homophobic people ultimately being those most insecure in their heterosexuality, you know?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
All rights are given by God.

Any restrictions on God given rights come from man and governments.

Really simple.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
While I am not agreeing with the concept of Paul Ryan, nor am I necessarily equating Paul Ryan with them, it is clear the Founding Fathers of the United States of America had no problem with utilizing words such as "divine," "Providence," and, "Creator."

Like I said, I am not going to equate Paul Ryan's use of this language to that of the Founding Father's use of this language; however, I am also not going to listen to any ole ATS member complain or otherwise gripe about this type of language being used either...The Founding Fathers of the USA obviously had more guts, moxie, and intelligence, than all the owners, administrators, super-mods, mods, and members, of this site combined. If they had no problem using this type of language, then I see nothing wrong with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

What is God?

As far as I'm concerned my rights come from laws made by man.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

I would take lightly anything Ryan says anyways.
He is a worshiper of the atheist Ayn Rand.
and is flip flopping like Romney.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

What is God?

Man only restricts your rights.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

No one has the right to randomly kill people or steal.

You never heard of the USA government, have you?
They feel they have the right, in fact they passed a law that lets them assassinate people.
And they steal our money everyday.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry to hear that.
So you have no rights?
What laws give you rights?
I only know of laws that protect the rights I already have.
edit on 9/3/2012 by GunzCoty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

What is God?

More importantly, is there any proof that "god" has given us these rights?
edit on 3-9-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Think what you may, but any rights you have come from God, so do any privileges. I don't have to worry about if you agree or not. God gave you a conscience and so it confirms the truth. Ryan was mere stating a truth.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

What is God?

Man only restricts your rights.

That's called living in a society.

God belief is one of the most restricting things there is.

Not only that - - God believers want to restrict the rights of others.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Think what you may, but any rights you have come from God, so do any privileges. I don't have to worry about if you agree or not. God gave you a conscience and so it confirms the truth. Ryan was mere stating a truth.

News for you. God is a chosen belief.

Not a fact.

As a citizen of this country - - I choose not to have any god represent me in politics.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, how can rights be inalienable if they don't come from God?

If they don't come from a higher power, how can they not be taken away from men?

After all, if rights aren't inalienable, then they're just words on a sheet of paper that mean nothing, or are like our money, only the amount of belief can make them rights.

Next problem I see is this:

If rights come from God, how can they apply to anybody who isn't a Christian? Religion is only for the religious, and it seems to me that if rights comes from God that makes them religious. That means they only apply to Christians and nobody else. That is only Christians have rights because rights only come from God.

Those are the problems I see with the claim.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join