It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans shot in Mexico were CIA operatives

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Americans shot in Mexico were CIA operatives

www.msnbc.msn.com

MEXICO CITY — The two Americans who were wounded when gunmen fired on an American Embassy vehicle last week were Central Intelligence Agency employees sent as part of a multiagency effort to bolster Mexican efforts to fight drug traffickers, officials said Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mexican Federal Police attack US Embassy diplomatic vehicle - 2 wounded

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I know that the event isn't new The info seems new. As this is my first attempt at starting a thread, I was unsure if it needed to be put here or in another area of the boards or how posting it would work.

Not really sure what to think, this raises all sorts of questions.

When I read the related thread below, I was pretty upset that another country would fire on our diplomats in a vehicle with diplomatic plates (after all it was reported that the people doing the shooting were reported to be the Federales).

Perhaps the anger I felt was misguided. I know that there are several agencies involved down in Mexico working with the Mexican Government, but what exactly are CIA operatives doing there? Were they there at the behest of the Mexican government? The linked article states that there was a Mexican Naval officer in the backseat. If so, why don't the Mexiican lawmakers seem to know who is in their backyard and what they are doing there? Don't the DEA, ICE and the FBI all have their own intelligence units?

Are the offending Federales corrupt officers tied to one of the Cartels? I have read that the Zetas power reaches deep into the Mexican government.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-8-2012 by pwndnewb because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
In case you aren't already aware, the CIA is behind much of the global drug trafficking. This is where they make a lot of their money.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Considering that the Federal Guards at one mexican prison, were letting prisoners out to go and perform Cartel ordered "hits" on people......(even loaning them their own weapons) they would return to be locked up by roll call, thus having perfect alibis....
And other evidence of a very disturbing nature towards the corruption in Mexican goverment/Police/Military....
It looks to me like they were set up for this murder, and that there will be more of the same tactics used against American personel working in country.
High level corruption will give efforts towards resolving the situation a very surreal apearance as cross and doublecross play out.
The war is on between "Unlimited Power"(US Gov) and "Unlimited Money" (Drug Cartels)
But from here in the Great White North, it looks more like different arms of the US GOV. fighting themselves through proxies.......Thus we have CIA operatives both running the drugs, and fighting the drug runners at the same time....
This puts on an admiral show, and feeds the budget from Both ends.............
perhaps im confused?

edit on 29-8-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply.

Given past history in Asia, the Middle East, Central and South America, I am very aware of that. In fact, I was looking at my post trying to determine where to add those thoughts.

Do you think that those Federales shot up the Embassy vehicle to make some sort of statement regarding that point? Do you think that the operatives were there to keep an eye on the "investment" along with the naval officer?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Of course they were. "Embassy officials" is always a euphemism for CIA spook. Our embassies are much or more spy centers as anything else hiding behind diplomatic immunity. But, so is everyone else's that has multinational interests or empire mindsets.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ever consider that the Federales were doing a professional hit?
The back and forth criminally violent acts have roots which become somewhat blurred quickly, yet people keep dying.....
The naval officer may have a big part in the reasons behind the slaying.....
A deep throat perhaps? Or maybe just a messenger boy or bagman?
edit on 29-8-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by killuminati2012
In case you aren't already aware, the CIA is behind much of the global drug trafficking. This is where they make a lot of their money.

Which is probably why they were shot at...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I could see where you would be confused.
It definitely confuses me.

Related Link
and another

Perhaps this can be attributed to one of the cartels getting ticked off and this is just retaliation.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I can agree with you there,

What better place to do information gathering under other governments noses then a protected setting such as an embassy/

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The fact that the agents shot or injured were CIA operatives is to me a tell tale bit of information, because I suspect their presence was related to efforts to clean up loose ends regarding the Fast and Furious affair and instead got the typical warm and friendly Mexican response for their efforts.

Since their reception was not what they thought it would be, we should also remember that the shooting in NYC happened in my opinion to specifically distract from this Mexico incident, because it was related to Fast and Furious and nothing about that operation can become known, for it potentially leads to the office of the President.

While supplying arms to drug cartels is done to eliminate the completion and to provide security, this ongoing full time supplying of arms and munitions to drug cartels in Mexico or around the world is to be expected if elements within the CIA are running the worlds drug industry.

The last thing anyone on the inside wants is to allow Fast and Furious to unravel and begin exposing the bigger conspiracy that exists, because supplying arms and importing and managing the drug industry is a big one if it involves the President and the many agencies that must help to cover up the truth.

What no one has yet to see is that if these secret elements within the CIA or govt. manage the worlds drug industry, then they must also have some management control over the killer drug gangs in the big cities around the nation who are also supplied with weapons and ammunition.

It is the secret management and control of the hidden dark army of the worlds drug criminals combined with the complete control of the worlds drug industry that must not be exposed, for to do so would undermine billions in black budget funds.

Providing arms and weapons is done to sponsor terror and indiscriminate death to anyone who opposes their complete control of the drug industry. They of course control manufacture, distribution and sales of such drugs. This is why such a large criminal operation requires arms and weapons not only in Mexico, but in American cities like Chicago, LA, NYC, etc.

This is to me why the Fast and Furious affair, combined with these two CIA operatives in Mexico being shot, denotes to me that control over their Mexican drug cartel criminals is being deluded by exposures to Fast and Furious and the efforts of the secret govt. to cover up or eliminate loose ends or future witnesses.

Who knows, perhaps big shots in the Mexico govt politics want to protect themselves from those in the USA that could or would do harm to them.

I am hoping more will come out and or that others will whistle blow what they know, but we must accept the fact that an organized system of corruption is managing the worlds drug industry and the criminal drug gangs that exist in every major American city.

It is a good reason to keep Fast and Furious far away from public discussion, because once we begin talking about it and thinking about it, we will see why false flag events are needed to keep attention away from Fast and Furious at all costs.

This incident in Mexico involving these two CIA operatives is a clear sign that control must be re-acquired and soon, for if Mexico and its gangs are allowed to regain control, then a new chapter in drug wars will emerge and it will be this new drug war that will make matters worse, not better for the general public.

With no Judicial effort or anyone of moral character to investigate or bring anyone to justice, we are left to witness what the secret govt. does to hide anything about Fast and Furious while trying to keep control of those that don't want to be controlled in Mexico.

This incident in Mexico involving these two CIA operatives is to me why the NYC shooting was turned into something that would distract us from looking or thinking about why two CIA operatives would be attacked with intent to be killed by Mexican officials and law enforcement.

This is what we should be asking and we should never stop asking about Fast and Furious, because if you're not already furious about the implications of this conspiracy or the fact that no one will investigate it, then you must not be paying attention.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pwndnewb

I know that there are several agencies involved down in Mexico working with the Mexican Government, but what exactly are CIA operatives doing there?

They are protecting their markets and trying to stamp out their competition. The CIA are the biggest drug cartel in the world.

edit on 29-8-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I am glad to see that many are catching on to this major global scam. We will never be certain on the details of this incident but the one thing to keep in mind - the Drug War is not about stopping illicit drug traffic, it is all about controlling the illicit traffic. On an open market these substances have little actual value. It is prohibition that keeps their value inflated, highly lucrative and undocumented mega-dollars.

The further one digs and studies this whole Drug War business they find the deeper down the rabbit hole it goes the higher up it all leads. These are way past nose-bleed heights, they are deadly. There are no honorable men involved in this, at best some are just hapless dupes and patsys fooled into thinking they are doing the right thing.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Were they dropping off weapons? in exchange for drugs? Nothing would surprise me now after hearing of their past antics in the region. Maybe the people are beginning to learn that its better, not to deal with the CIA.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pwndnewb
Do you think that the operatives were there to keep an eye on the "investment" along with the naval officer?

That thought has crossed my mind

Mexico's violent Drug War was devastating for the outgoing PAN political party and is now almost difficult for them to run for dog catcher - if such an office were to exist here. After 12 years of PAN "democracy" the PRI party is returning to power which they held for over seven decades. Some expect even after losing their grip during that 12-year hiatus that they will still know how to handle the US. Not everyone is that optimistic. The CIA doesn't like to be told to "go home".

Bear in mind the Drug War is a scam that only serves to produce economic benefit for those conducting it. It is a wolf dressed as altruistism in sheeps' clothing.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Couldn't they have just owed a cartel money? I mean, get drugs fronted to you and don't pay up and well, you all know the rest.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If Americans could manufacture our own drugs there would be none of this "importing drugs from Mexican cartels" nonsense. All peaceful acts must be decriminalized!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Thanks for your comments regarding this. In reading some of your prior posts regarding this issue, I was hoping that you would weigh in as I know that you live south of the border and have a unique perspective about this rabbit hole.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaedur
Couldn't they have just owed a cartel money? I mean, get drugs fronted to you and don't pay up and well, you all know the rest.

Perhaps some of those dynamics apply, but this is at a much higher level. Look who is involved - Mexican federal police, Mexican military, US embassy diplomat CIA Drug War advisors. When the trade is in the mega-billions, trillions military forces are involved globally.

We went into Afghanistan because those evil Taliban stopped the Afghani people from growing opium. It took US military might to expell those evil-doers and get those poppy fields producing again. Any idea what happened to the multi-billion dollar heroin market when the Taliban was in charge?

A drug front? Interferring at this level is breaching of global economic security.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Oh why not, I'll throw my two cents into the fray. My guess is that the federales that fired upon the agents vehicle were on the payroll of one of the cartels, that type of thing runs rampant in Mexico, not that it doesn't run rampant in every country. I think the CIA and many US interests profit off of drug trade, but by and large much of the CIAs home brew trafficking is due to the undercover sales of drugs. The CIA often sets up international sting operations posing as drug sellers and buyers in order to collect information on the offenders and prosecute. They need to have some stores of drugs in their possession in order to make these sting operations appear legit, often they need to actually sell drugs to their targets in order to get closer to the higher echelons of the cartels operations.

Can't say that I agree with the practice, breaking the law in order to uphold the law, but I think I see their methodology. Personally I think that decriminalizing, at least some, drugs would break the back of most cartels as they would no longer have a vast source of income.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join