It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos At GOP Convention Over RNC Rule Changes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

But they only wanted the Tea Partiers to counter Obama.

They don't want them messing with their plans and do something stupid like not raise the debt ceiling if a Republican is president.

On a totally unrelated side note...the only good thing about Hurricanes is watching idiot reporters trying to stand outside in the wind and being blown all over the place...this is what I'm watching right now.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I don't know if the reaction was coordinated or not, it seems like stretch to me. However the intention and the biased outcome was, indeed, transparent.

The RNC needs new leadership.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I swear to God every time I read/watch something relating to the 2012 election it feels more and more like a soap opera every day. I'm so genuinely sick of this bullsh--.

When I first started frequenting this site, it put me in a weird funk... like learning about all the effed up things going on around the world that nobody who relies solely on MSM ever hears about, literally effected me physically.

After awhile, I realized that much of it was embelished or misrepresented, not necessarily due to the fault of the poster, which left me not knowing what to believe.

That said, this RNC farce has been brutally blatent. They aren't even trying to hide the fact that the fight is fixed anymore. What are things gonna look like 5 years from now? I'm not sure I wanna know.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

The RNC needs new leadership.

I can't stand the chairman...really haven't seen much of him until this week.

It was nice to see Chris Matthews call him out and take him down a notch.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

It was definitely coordinated, no one is going to just randomly start shouting USA USA for no reason. Plus this;

RT @robport: ND delegate just texted me saying they were instructed to chant “USA” to drown out dissent. #RNCpowergrab

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I agree, the more i see him the more i dislike him.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I really can not say for sure, even with that tweet. I would, honestly, like to believe different.

I'll do some digging and report back to you with my opinion on the matter.

Nice post, btw.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I can't stand the chairman...really haven't seen much of him until this week.

I can't either. He looks like a total dick with a slimey vibe.

Says the guy that wants to privatize Medicare and absolutely destroy it..
Not to mention what he said is a complete lie.

The Affordable Care Act did not reduce, and will not reduce, any benefit under Medicare, now or in the future. The $716 billion are estimated savings under the Act from limiting administrative costs to health care providers and pharmaceutical manufacturers.

www.piercecountyherald.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The speaker who was shouted down was a Puerto Rican. I am sure, that it might have pushed a few into the USA chant. Or it is really bad timing for a "foreigner" to be on stage. (sarcasm, I know PR is a part of the USA)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by psuxavier

Why does the political parties still use this insanely inaccurate and corruption-ridden method to cast a decision?
The speaker can decide who won the vote, deny a recount, and the party has to "deal with it."

Seriously, all they need to do is this:

--Make them walk forward, two by two with their ID's present.
--Sign a paper ballot on a table that is on camera, which will be displayed on the jumbo-tron.
--Count the ballots on camera in public and figure out who won it.

There. No more corruption. You're welcome, Republicans. ( I just registered to vote as one with the hope RP might be on the ballot, guess I'm writing him in anyway)

Pretty much... yea, that's the history of our Republic for you.

I think they do it by default in the interest of time, if they took a paper vote for every motion the convention would last weeks and weeks. Some people don't want to have to stay for that long, but I guess sometimes it depends on who wants it more, who is willing to stay, etc. Also, I believe you can either petition or motion to take a paper vote instead of a voice vote.

National conventions though they plan everything out beforehand and would probably do something to move the convention ahead anyways, against the rules or not. I'm not all that familiar with GOP bylaws and rules though so honestly they probably already have rules in place to make sure everything goes the way they want it to.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This convention is a train wreck! An absolute mockery of our "democracy " is occurring in Tampa. I hope there is rioting in the streets! But sadly the media would blame it on crazy Paul supporters. Who's ready for seconds?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The RNC and DNC make their own rules. Period. They are, more or less, corporations. They are not governed by laws concerning subsequent elections.

Both conventions are for show. They have no substance. This deal with Ron Paul supporters is actually a good thing. While it most likely will not stop the rubber stamp machine, it sheds light on the farce.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This was the main reason I started supporting Ron Paul. The two party system is corrupt. I swore to uphold and defend the Constitution, not some party leaders. Hey dumb dumbs, they just took power from you and gave it to themselves and you want to chant "USA, USA"? How about USA yourself to a history book and see how these types of things usually turn out?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Maybe the saddest thing about this is my own lack of surprise.

I find myself becoming used to the erosion of Democracy, which should never happen. Fight the complacency in yourself.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So there you have it. Do we need anymore reason to launch a concerted third-parties-only movement in November? How much more do you people need to see? The only hope we have --- truly the ONLY hope --- is if we can throw a spanner in the machine and tank both parties thus fall. It should be clear to anyne with their eyes open that neither Obama nor Romney have the will, ability or desire to act on Our best interests. We need to stop it now!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The rules of order didnt matter in this case. The party wanted Romney and that was that. I wonder if even Dr. President Ron Paul had the majority of delegates if it would of mattered. Our Society and Government is a scam.

Now what??

At least Outkast, who is pretty much just showing how inept the RNC is, which of course the DNC has the same ineptness, and how both partys are full of BS!!!!!

They dont care about you, they only care about the Bottom Line!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Im pretty sure Obama went to Prep School as well. There isnt that much difference between Obama and Romney. The only difference is maybe one has currently $24 mill the other has $300 mill. Where I am from that is not that much difference. When Obama is out of office I have a feeling that difference will be much smaller.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join