It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

An attendee at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday allegedly threw nuts at a black camerawoman working for CNN and said “This is how we feed animals” before being removed from the convention, a network official confirmed to TPM.

The CNN official declined to confirm specific details of the incident to TPM but generally confirmed an account posted on Twitter by former MSNBC and Current anchor David Shuster: “GOP attendee ejected for throwing nuts at African American CNN camera woman + saying ‘This is how we feed animals.’”

It is not clear whether the alleged culprit was a delegate or attending the convention in some other capacity.

In a written statement, CNN addressed the matter but divulged few details: “CNN can confirm there was an incident directed at an employee inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum earlier this afternoon. CNN worked with convention officials to address this matter and will have no further comment.”

TPM’s calls to RNC and convention officials were not immediately returned.

Not much to add really, I'm sure everyone will agree this is not appropriate behavior for someone attending a national convention.

I hope the RNC addresses the issue and doesn't just ignore it.

ETA: Kudos to the RNC for responding to it quickly:

www.politico.com...

GOP convention spokesman Kyle Downey tells POLITICO, "Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior. Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

edit on 28-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This kind of behavior disgusts me, regardless of who from and to whom it may be. Seems that people there noticed and threw this degenerate out, though.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
On the anniversary of the Martin Luther King Jr. "I have a dream" speech no less. Guess things really haven't changed much in the U.S.

On a side note I must say, what an imbecile.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The story already says he was removed and dealt with.
Not sure what you are asking for at this point,
when you say hope RNC deals with this.
Should they lynch him, burn a cross in his yard,
or should we let the victim decide, and not make decisions for her?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

This is deplorable behavior and inexcusable and though I am a liberal democrat I am not going to milk it and say "hey look at this example that proves the whole party is racist" nor say this crazy person represents today's Republican party. It is made up of individuals, many are good people. But pondering this, I think we can agree Democrats as a group are against racism. Inclusiveness and "liberal" 'mix it up' views are part of the platform. This may be a stretch but I do not think all of the Republican party is "against" racism, by contrast. You can be a racist and still get in. I know it is not flattering, but I think it is true. Not to say that Democrats don't have faults but racism isn't one of them. This person would not have lasted 5 min in the DNC even slightly demeaning anyone based on skin color or nationality. This story would not have made it to the news. Contrast this with the GOP. This sort of racist flavor and crazy signage is fairly commonplace, almost (sadly) expected. Am I wrong?
edit on 29-8-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rudy2shoes

Yes, he was removed and I gave praise to the RNC for releasing a statement condemning this type of behavior. I edited the OP to add that informaiton because it wasn't it the first three stories I read. After I posted it, I found another story that had an update with the RNC statement in it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
CNN is a problem; they slam the RNC for not puting off the convention because of the hurricane even though the President went to a fundraiser!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
CNN is the corporation that is letting its employees be assaulted at work,
and not pressing charges.
Why has the woman/victim not pressed charges herself yet?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

At least the RNC had the good sense to denounce this behavior. I am, dare i say, proud of them.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
CNN is a problem; they slam the RNC for not puting off the convention because of the hurricane even though the President went to a fundraiser!

It seems you have posted in the wrong thread. This is about something totally different.
edit on 29-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Rudy2shoes

Yes, he was removed and I gave praise to the RNC for releasing a statement condemning this type of behavior. I edited the OP to add that informaiton because it wasn't it the first three stories I read. After I posted it, I found another story that had an update with the RNC statement in it.

Understand,
I will withhold any further comments until,
CNN responds
about employee assaulted at convention,
and their policy regarding issue.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Not much to add really, I'm sure everyone will agree this is not appropriate behavior for someone attending a national convention.

This isn't acceptable behavior for a human being in general.
Things like this happening still surprise me but I guess I shouldn't be surprised really...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
1more
I would be upset if I was assaulted at work
over a race issue, and my employer did nothing.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

What do you mean by "racism?" Is it demeaning a member of a minority because of skin color or nationality? Or is it judging someone by their skin color or nationality? Or, is it something else?

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I laughed hard.
America!

God, this place and its people are pitiful. 2012 and we still can't handle someone with a different appearance. Oh, no, can't be so liberal that I respect and accept people!

This is a wonderful place, with horrible people. I'm talking about the Earth in general. All of you, do better. Teach your children better. Stop being bitter old coots and make a proper change in the world. Equality of living persons without exception is the key. You don't have a right to discriminate. That's to everyone's detriment.

edit on 29-8-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Yes, it's sad.

2012 and we still have people living like it is 1912...unfortunately I don't even have to go that far back...we still have people living like it is 1960.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Do we know that was *because* the woman is black? Or could it be *because* she is media and/or simply works for CNN (which is NOT Fox)?

I don't know either way, but when i first read it the "dirty racist republican" mode kicked in; then i looked at it from a different perspective, so i am NOT trying to defend the behavior (which is highly inappropriate) or the person.

It could VERY well be that it was said because she is black (and it would NOT surprise me), but to automatically assume it was, well...that's neither fair nor intelligent.

ETA:

I mean, and i am not one to pull the "media creates racism" card, but if this was simply reported as "RNC attendee throws nuts at camerawoman and says 'this is now we feed animals,' " if would be entirely different. One might even insert CNN before camerawoman...

Just saying...

edit on 29-8-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Well...I have heard racists people refer to blacks or any minority for that matter as animals before.

I have never heard anyone refer to a camera operator or a CNN employee as an animal before.

If he would have said "this is how we feed idiots" or "here, have some nuts" or "this is how we feed the liberal media"...then sure, I could see you doubting a racial tie to it.

But to me, using the word "animal" is an indirect racial slur towards the woman.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

You are wrong to a degree,

Ellen Barkin, a reported kind-hearted actress, has expressed her hope for Hurricane Isaac to wash away attendees of the National Republican Convention and drown them in the ocean.

The "Sea of Love" star retweeted a hateful message from one of her followers that said, "C'mon #Isaac! Wash every pro-life, anti-education, anti-woman, xenophobic, gay-bashing, racist SOB right into the ocean! #RNC"

I'm wondering when the DNC will say something about this.

Civility has exitted stage left when it comes to politics I'm afraid...now it is just about emotions.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'm wondering when the DNC will say something about this.

Is she attending the DNC???

Was she AT the DNC when she made those comments???

Do you really not see the difference???

If you want to compare Ellen Barkin to someone...compare her to Ted Nugent or Hank Williams Jr...not to this event.
edit on 29-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join