Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

page: 2
26
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is it possible that this isn't motivated by race?
Maybe this dude was against invasive press (sorta like how celebrities hate the papparazzi), and he'd have done the same to a white camera man. That probably wouldn't have made the news though.




posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Not much to add really, I'm sure everyone will agree this is not appropriate behavior for someone attending a national convention.


It's not appropriate in any way, anywhere.

I could explain the reference to an animal; but, that would be beneathe me to explain. It goes back to crazy stuff the Klan believes that simply isn't true.


edit on 29/8/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


Hey, i too know quite well that blacks and minorities have been called animals. So have people of opposing beliefs and parties.

But it is not a far reach for a republican to say derogatory things about someone from, say CNN. I mean, they get rabid as hell defending their way of partisanship.

I still think that it is an assumption--albeit a very well founded one and very likely association--that it *was* because she is black, to go with it without knowing for sure..

That's all i'm saying.

And i look for the best opportunity to slam the GOP and republicans, myself.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


Of course not. I know she wasn't at the event.

And there IS NO DIFFERANCE.

What I am saying though is that civil discourse is non-existant nowadays.

People like to say we are being divided...I think we alraedy have been.

I'm sure that we will see something equally as stupid during the DNC's convention in a week.
edit on 29-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
It doesn't even matter if it was about race or not, the fact is everyone is starting to hate everyone. We've become so divided people don't even know where they stand anymore. I'm not saying everyone should hold hands and sing 'we are the world' - I'm saying where is the respect for our fellow human beings?
Divide and conquer and all that jazz.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Did any of you stop to consider that maybe it wasn't about 'racism,' but rather (the fact!) that these news people act like animals?

Regardless, it was improper behaviour...but still. Skin color doesn't have the be the cause of every behaviour.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Seems like if you do anything to anyone that's not white, is automatically deemed racism.

CNN employee's at a republican event and they aren't expecting to hear some crap from at least 1 person in the crowd? Although I have no proof, im willing to bet a Fox News cameraman at an Obama rally/event would hear some crap from a member in the crowd.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by newcovenant
 


You are wrong to a degree,

Ellen Barkin, a reported kind-hearted actress, has expressed her hope for Hurricane Isaac to wash away attendees of the National Republican Convention and drown them in the ocean.

The "Sea of Love" star retweeted a hateful message from one of her followers that said, "C'mon #Isaac! Wash every pro-life, anti-education, anti-woman, xenophobic, gay-bashing, racist SOB right into the ocean! #RNC"

I'm wondering when the DNC will say something about this.

Civility has exitted stage left when it comes to politics I'm afraid...now it is just about emotions.



Sad but true. Still I think actions speak louder than tweets... as well they should.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruderalis1
Seems like if you do anything to anyone that's not white, is automatically deemed racism.

CNN employee's at a republican event and they aren't expecting to hear some crap from at least 1 person in the crowd? Although I have no proof, im willing to bet a Fox News cameraman at an Obama rally/event would hear some crap from a member in the crowd.




Surely you are right. This was not a racial remark nor intended as such.
The poor soul was simply misunderstood and in the excitement of the situation thought they were back on the farm actually feeding their livestock. I mean who hasn't done that?.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence
 



Hey, i too know quite well that blacks and minorities have been called animals. So have people of opposing beliefs and parties.


Really?

Do you have some sort of proof that people of opposing beliefs and parties are routinely called animals??? I think you are just trying to not make this what it actually is.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


This is deplorable behavior and inexcusable and though I am a liberal democrat I am not going to milk it and say "hey look at this example that proves the whole party is racist" nor say this crazy person represents today's Republican party. It is made up of individuals, many are good people. But pondering this, I think we can agree Democrats as a group are against racism. Inclusiveness and "liberal" 'mix it up' views are part of the platform. This may be a stretch but I do not think all of the Republican party is "against" racism, by contrast. You can be a racist and still get in. I know it is not flattering, but I think it is true. Not to say that Democrats don't have faults but racism isn't one of them. This person would not have lasted 5 min in the DNC even slightly demeaning anyone based on skin color or nationality. This story would not have made it to the news. Contrast this with the GOP. This sort of racist flavor and crazy signage is fairly commonplace, almost (sadly) expected. Am I wrong?
edit on 29-8-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)


I'm glad that RNC tossed the jerks out. There are racist Democrats as well, though. Defining people by race will still be with us for a while. Democrats have their share of racists and crazy signs as well.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
RNC Attendee ?
more like a Romney supporter
they all have the same thing in common
no class whatsoever .. thinking they are above people

Ron Paul supporters do have class and big hearts
and would have never do that to a black person



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Liquesence
 



Hey, i too know quite well that blacks and minorities have been called animals. So have people of opposing beliefs and parties.


Really?

Do you have some sort of proof that people of opposing beliefs and parties are routinely called animals??? I think you are just trying to not make this what it actually is.


www.theblaze.com... to-tea-party-you-animals-are-gonna-get-it/

"Animal" is thrown out there as an insult for various reasons against various groups. Lots of nasty and racist rhetoric from extremists on both sides.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


This is deplorable behavior and inexcusable and though I am a liberal democrat I am not going to milk it and say "hey look at this example that proves the whole party is racist" nor say this crazy person represents today's Republican party. It is made up of individuals, many are good people. But pondering this, I think we can agree Democrats as a group are against racism. Inclusiveness and "liberal" 'mix it up' views are part of the platform. This may be a stretch but I do not think all of the Republican party is "against" racism, by contrast. You can be a racist and still get in. I know it is not flattering, but I think it is true. Not to say that Democrats don't have faults but racism isn't one of them. This person would not have lasted 5 min in the DNC even slightly demeaning anyone based on skin color or nationality. This story would not have made it to the news. Contrast this with the GOP. This sort of racist flavor and crazy signage is fairly commonplace, almost (sadly) expected. Am I wrong?
edit on 29-8-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)


I'm glad that RNC tossed the jerks out. There are racist Democrats as well, though. Defining people by race will still be with us for a while. Democrats have their share of racists and crazy signs as well.


Yes "defining people by race" will be with us for a while and pretty much isolated to this group of patriots. Once you truly accept diversity and love your fellow man regardless of his color or economic condition you graduate to the Democrats. It takes some convincing though. Everybody can't do it. Dems have crazy signs targeting the GOP not minorities. If you can find me one targeting blacks or minorities, I'd like to see it and try and debunk it. Show me the sign from the racist liberal-Dem.
edit on 29-8-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I like how it's stated that this "allegedly" happened. If it "allegedly" happened then no names of the offenders would be given. It smells all to well of an excuse for the far left liberal democrats that are associated with CNN to pull a card and have it spread so that others like MSNBC withdraw from coverage of the event. I believe it's a tactic, due to Obama having trouble in the polls. Make the Republican party look bad any way they can to tarnish the RNC and the GOP in general. After all, old "Barry" isn't exactly getting the support he needs or wants to make his second term dreams happen at the moment.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruderalis1
Seems like if you do anything to anyone that's not white, is automatically deemed racism.

CNN employee's at a republican event and they aren't expecting to hear some crap from at least 1 person in the crowd? Although I have no proof, im willing to bet a Fox News cameraman at an Obama rally/event would hear some crap from a member in the crowd.


You kidding? They have James O'Keef skulking around in secret and they still can't get anything.

If FOX News could get footage of something like this (look at how they tried to demonize the Occupy people!) they would air it in a second to show the entire Democratic party is a bunch of racist extremists. Run with it they would. It just doesn't happen. The entire party stands on a DIFFERENT PLATFORM. Their openness to all races is what pisses the other party off. Why else would you have a thread making note of the fact the DNC said Islamic prayer for 2 hours. Why care unless... you just don't go for all that inclusiveness?



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Question ... not that it matters but I'm curious ... was the 'animal' thing because
the camera woman was black or was it because she worked for CNN and
CNN is left wing??? Do we know??? Like I said .. it doesn't matter but
I'm curious.

Both the republicans and democrats have intolerant nutters amongst them.
Heck .. Ellen Barkin wants everyone at the GOP convention DEAD! :shk:
Idiots come out everywhere in an election cycle ...



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
I like how it's stated that this "allegedly" happened. If it "allegedly" happened then no names of the offenders would be given. It smells all to well of an excuse for the far left liberal democrats that are associated with CNN to pull a card and have it spread so that others like MSNBC withdraw from coverage of the event. I believe it's a tactic, due to Obama having trouble in the polls. Make the Republican party look bad any way they can to tarnish the RNC and the GOP in general. After all, old "Barry" isn't exactly getting the support he needs or wants to make his second term dreams happen at the moment.



Allegedly means maybe it didn't happen and this story has not made national news.
Who is trying to fool who? And the GOP doesn't need anyone's help to make itself look bad.
Shiny suits and smiling faces conceal a lot of hatred and resentment laying just under the surface. They'll tell you it's his policies they disagree with but I think it is something much more fundamental. They are pretty good liars. Convincing arguments all around but without facts to back them up.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81
 



Ron Paul supporters do have class and big hearts
and would have never do that to a black person


You can't really make a statement like that.

Ron Paul supporters aren't special...there are all types inside the Paul crowd.



posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
I like how it's stated that this "allegedly" happened. If it "allegedly" happened then no names of the offenders would be given. It smells all to well of an excuse for the far left liberal democrats that are associated with CNN to pull a card and have it spread so that others like MSNBC withdraw from coverage of the event. I believe it's a tactic, due to Obama having trouble in the polls. Make the Republican party look bad any way they can to tarnish the RNC and the GOP in general. After all, old "Barry" isn't exactly getting the support he needs or wants to make his second term dreams happen at the moment.


So are you denying that it happened???

Both the RNC and CNN have confirmed that it happened.






top topics



 
26
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join