It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Demands Deaf Preschooler Change His Name Over Weapons Ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is 1 of those situations that, IMO a boot in the hip pocket of a school super would go a long ways in promoting some common sense. His name violates a school weapons ban. What?!? A weapons ban? I stick with my original opinion.
""But to Hunter's school district, it might mean something else. The district claims that it violates a rule that forbids anything in the school that looks like a weapon, reports KOLN-TV.
And Hunter's parents claim that Grand Island Pubic Schools administrators have asked them to change their son's sign language name.""
Yahoo! News
edit on 28-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Are these really the kind of people we want educating our kids?

J

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Saw it earlier, was just gonna wait till you guys posted. I will be naming each and every one of my kids very bad names lol then. That will teach them a lesson.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I am so sick of these teachers, schools and politically correct nutjobs......and what the heck weapon does that sign look like anyway??

AAArgh.....I have had with these wackos!

And aren't they going against the Persons with Disabilities Act???

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Complete idiots that let rules over ride common sense.
All this political correctness and anti violence agendas are getting out of hand. Sign language is what it is. Should they have to make up a new gesture because they think his is too "threatening"?
How do you deal with unthinking people like this? Signing was around long before their little rules.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have to think these faculty members are marionettes. Who has the problem and how do they have the influence to get this kind of stink going because theyre upset? The principal or anyone else I would doubt chance upsetting the wrong people unless they were following someone else's orders.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join