It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney officially clinches nomination at condensed GOP convention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Romney officially clinches nomination at condensed GOP convention

www.cnn.com

Tampa, Florida (CNN) -- Mitt Romney officially clinched the GOP presidential nomination on Tuesday to move a step closer in his five-year quest for the White House.

To roaring cheers at the Republican National Convention in the packed Tampa Bay Times Forum, the delegation from New Jersey put Romney above the 1,144-delegate threshold, ensuring he will be the GOP challenger against President Barack Obama in November.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well it's over for the Paulites at this point. Looks like Mittens finally clinched it, and no amount of crying or whining is going to change that, the only question now, is whether he will adopt some (not the more radical stances) of the Paul Movement's ideas or just snuff em completely.

Thoughts?

Just an aside, I don't like any of them this year...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-8-2012 by vkey08 because: spelling errors how embarrasing

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The Republic is fallen.

Pass it on.

ETA: Now it's Romney vs Obama or more accurately, Obamney vs Obamney or even more accurately, Alien vs Predator.
edit on 28-8-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Should he beat Obama (which I dont think he has s shot in Hell) he will just do like the rest and adapt to the corporatist state that is already in effect in America. He will continue to erode our liberties and use the Constitution as proverbial Washington Toilet Paper.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Thats not a shocker. Shocker would be that the masses would realize that they are being played by both sides.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The rouse is that it Romney will never win and he is just positioned to split the vote as Obama will win his second term. Paul was a real candidate and we were shown what happens to real candidates who speak for the people and not corporations.

Million bologna bux says Obama wins.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Like I said I don't like any of em this year.. not one of the candidates, Paul included, caught my attention or said anything I was really interested in, other than the Fed Reserve Audit (Paul cutting certain agencies would mean doom for my kids so he lost my vote there), Romney well, uh, I lived in Massachusetts and he's just not my idea of a "Good Guy" and dont' even get me started on Obama...

all in all it's just a blah election...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
BOO 2 jokes, just liked planne,d bring one in, bring the 2nd in too. after debates it clearly shows what and how romney thinks. just be warned, he could be worse than obama, flag this, may for about 2 years

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
New working definition of "Official" as rewritten by the pawns known as the nude pork times;
Of, or referring to that which is the result of being; pilfered, stolen, ripped-off; and/or acquired by theft or act of misrepresentation or wrongful means.

btw; I've not seen a Paulite whine yet. For those unfamiliar with the actual sound of whining, it's what you'll be hearing when these sheep are drug off to the gulags as a result of an edict by their "champions".

America has grown lazy, indulged, and no longer cares for Freedom.

The ugly will now accelerate with a vengence.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Star128 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2012 by Star128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would have never guessed in a million years! What a suprise! What a sham! What a mockery! The first convention to have protesters dressed in vagina costume though. Obomney in 2012!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
I would have never guessed in a million years! What a suprise! What a sham! What a mockery! The first convention to have protesters dressed in vagina costume though. Obomney in 2012!!!

Saw somewhere that police outnumbered protesters 4/1. Let a couple of idiots protest a Republican convention and it's sure to get front page news. Typical.

Anyway here is a shout out to the dozens and dozens of Ron Paul fans....

Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey hey, goodbye!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They can cheer all they want, but a lot of Americans don't like or trust the guy.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow, news flash. Romney won the nomination,. When will people understand that Romney "won" the nomination before the first primary was even held? Does anyone REALLY think that the average American had any say in it? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
Wow, news flash. Romney won the nomination,. When will people understand that Romney "won" the nomination before the first primary was even held? Does anyone REALLY think that the average American had any say in it? If so, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Not according to Ron Paul fans, they still thought he had a chance until it became official today.

Pretty funny.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What a shocker! That was a close call!

Of course he got the nomination...he paid for it fair and square....

I just think it's a sad day for Liberty and freedom. The gloating of some against the RP fans is uncalled for. They at least were passionate, fired up and genuinely cared. The Romney Robots...well...they seem like they are waiting in line for a prostate exam...

I'm a little angry with how the Repubs handled the delegates....but I'm really P!ssed at how they are now going after the Constitutionalists and Libertarians!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Then explain to me why did the official refuse to count the RP delegates ?
this is a mutiny .. they have all replaced those delegates by their private donors

do you see the bigger picture now ?
Ron Paul was the winner and by FAR
they showed that to us by ignoring the majority of the official delegates

if you research the truth listening to each side .. you will eventualy find whos the liars
dont research lies with other lies or you will be totaly lost

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I'm just posting the news, ie: don't shoot the messenger.. sheesh..

I stated in my OP and again, I don't like ANY of the candidates this year...but this is news..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey hey, goodbye!

I think this applies to this country as a whole along with more of your freedoms there Einstein. Another clueless citizen.

It's no surprise this comment comes from a used car salesman.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
reply to post by Ben81

I'm just posting the news, ie: don't shoot the messenger.. sheesh..

I stated in my OP and again, I don't like ANY of the candidates this year...but this is news..

it was just a tiny arrow ! no real bullet

Did you listen to some Ron Paul speechs ?
how he make so much more sense then all the other candidates combined

Ron Paul wants only the best and only the truth
the others doesnt want the best for America and lie 80% of the time
when they open their mouth on TV

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

(Paul cutting certain agencies would mean doom for my kids so he lost my vote there)

Ah I see so you advocate theft to support your kids instead of a vibrant economy where you could make your own way honestly... Sigh!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join