It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney officially clinches nomination at condensed GOP convention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

A vibrant economy would not ensure equal education across the board, nor would it mandate services that are now in place.. sorry, your argument also loses value because no federal money goes to these services, our town property taxes pay for it all, and our town repeatedly refuses federal funds, however they have stated if there was no oversight they would spend the money elsewhere..

Can't get behind that.. there needs at times to be some oversight to make sure that people aren't being screwed. It's a nice thought that everyone would be honest and help each other out and give where others needed it, but its simply would never happen in real life.

You also missed where I dislike the other two bozo's running... but of course make it all about RP..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is great news, now we can move onto the debate between the 2 choices.
When they have the debate,
I vision Romney dressing up as Marilyn Monroe,
and singing Happy Reelection, Mr President.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
reply to post by hawkiye

A vibrant economy would not ensure equal education across the board, nor would it mandate services that are now in place.. sorry, your argument also loses value because no federal money goes to these services, our town property taxes pay for it all, and our town repeatedly refuses federal funds, however they have stated if there was no oversight they would spend the money elsewhere..

Can't get behind that.. there needs at times to be some oversight to make sure that people aren't being screwed. It's a nice thought that everyone would be honest and help each other out and give where others needed it, but its simply would never happen in real life.

You also missed where I dislike the other two bozo's running... but of course make it all about RP..

Wow! No federal money involved so how is it your children would be doomed if Ron Paul were elected? It makes no sense he would have no control over your local money or services.

And yes vibrant economy makes education available to more people by keeping prices down and wages up. It is obvious you think you're owed services paid for by your neighbors with money taken from them at gun point by government. Yep that's right you support theft as long as it has a nice label on it so you don't have to face reality. Anything taken against ones will is theft it doesn't matter if government does it or the mob does it or it has a kinder gentler label on it like taxes it is the same....

Any society based on theft (even for a good cause) is doomed to crumble!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The Federal Government mandates that they provide certain things in school via the Department of Education and Dept of Health and Human Services, any parent of a special needs child (much less multiples) knows that without those FEDERAL protections, towns and states would in an instant drop those programs to save money (or funnel it elsewhere)

But I forget, people don't always look at the downside of anything, they just see the chants and the mantras and run with it..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Not according to Ron Paul fans, they still thought he had a chance until it became official today. Pretty funny.
reply to post by Carseller4

I applaud their idealism. It's a shame that the system is so rigged. Hopefully they have learned a lesson, albeit a hard lesson. This entire political system is so corrupt that only a radical solution will fix it. History has shown that is the only way to change a corrupt system, since asking the fox to guard the chicken coup always results in dead chickens. The American Revolution, the Russian Revolution, the "Arab Spring", and many others we can name are the result of corrupt regimes. Our political system is thoroughly corrupt, and some day people will wake up, hopefully before it is too late, and understand that.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
reply to post by hawkiye

The Federal Government mandates that they provide certain things in school via the Department of Education and Dept of Health and Human Services, any parent of a special needs child (much less multiples) knows that without those FEDERAL protections, towns and states would in an instant drop those programs to save money (or funnel it elsewhere)

But I forget, people don't always look at the downside of anything, they just see the chants and the mantras and run with it..

I understand you're worried no one would help you if government did not steal to help you (even though its not true). However stealing is stealing. Having a special needs child does not justify stealing from others against their will. What a society we live in where people justify stealing in the name of helping others. I know some folks in my area who could use some help maybe I'll just come to your house and rob you so I can help them you wouldn't mind would you? After all they won't get any help unless I rob you and a few others.

Oh and it just goes to show that you know nothing about Ron Paul's plan because if he got elected it still would not have effected your children. Also you know very little about how government works it seems but the majority are like you hence the mess we are in today. Some of you folks won't get it till you're living under a bridge and then most of you still probably won't get it... Sigh!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Congratulations to Romney for winning the GOP presidential candidacy.

Also, congratulations to President Obama for Romney winning the GOP presidential candidacy.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

How is having an agency that mandates certain laws being enforced (Mr Paul already stated he would do away with laws that enforce civil rights et al) stealing from anyone??? We all know where our taxes go and are for, at least in this town it's spelt out in a nice document that everyone gets.

Please explain to me how in the name of god, mandating or enforcing a mandate is stealing from anyone? Or are you one of these people that doesn't care who gets hurt in the process, it's got to be Ron Paul all the way and let's just accuse others of being dumb because they disagree?

Seriously, I've read all of Dr Paul's positions and I am only on board with one of them, audit the federal reserve, but doing away with agencies that see to it that people aren't being trampled upon and that everyone gets equal treatment and rights, that's just wrong and honestly, I know how government runs, I spent 20 years IN government before retiring, his plan would cause more harm than good..

There has to be a middle ground, it can't be all or nothing, or you will find that the great majority of people will end up worse off than before.

Mandate to perform does not equal stealing it's that simple... Telling a district that they must educate EVERYONE is not stealing. It's making sure every child has an education, and equal chance to succeed.

But I'm sorry I forgot, Paulites can't see past the chants and the mantras... They think everyone is going to be ok with cutting everything and doing away with everything.. And everyone in a town is gonna pitch in and help.

Why don't you give to your friends that need help? Hmm? I do all the time.So why don't you give everything you own to them.. Don't treaten me with robbing me because you disagree with my assessment.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I like Paul as a person and respect him for his honesty and sticking with his beliefs. Those were the things that gave me reason to consider him so I examined his policies. I agreed with many things he stood for. I had two major issues with the campaign. One issue was a part of his policy I totally disagreed with where I was hoping he would give himself some wiggle room but he didn’t end of story.

Two was his supporters they were so obnoxious not all but enough where it left a really bad after taste. It is so sad that one of the things that drew me to him was his ability to stick to his beliefs but his supporters would be so arrogant and hostile to you because you have your own beliefs. Reading the exchange between you and Hawkeye reminded me of that.
The attitudes of the supporters I probably would have overlooked had it not been for the real issue however he never budged on his policy so we will never know.

Point is if you really support your candidate and are vocal about it you have to realize that in some way you represent that person, it may not be fair but that’s life. Reading this thread got me wondering about if the supporters that have been so abusive had not been would I have tried harder look past my difference of opinion in that policy to where I could have voted for him. I guess we will never know that either.

There has never been a candidate I have agreed with a hundred % on everything but you try to I try to find the one I agree with the most that I think will be the best person for the job.

I wish his stance on that issue had not been what it was he would have definitely had my vote and I am sure it was a big deal for others as well.

On topic: I cannot stand Romney at this point I am missing Herman Cain I think he would have had a really good chance at winning this election. He actually did build a business.

edit on 31-8-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I am curious as to how romney will stimulate 12 million jobs

It would have to be a war me thinks

A big war.....

edit on 31-8-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join