It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help... I want to convince my wife that mediums are con artists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

My wife's father passed away a few months ago, and my mother-in-law has been going to a medium.

Hi,
my condolences over the loss.

Why would anybody consult with a medium following the loss of a loved-one?

1 reason may be to hear that the lost loved-one expects (you's) to continue carrying-on without them from here on out- until (we's) meet again...to confirm life after death through the 'gut-feeling' of another individual?

Whether or not life extends beyond the death of a physical body is up for speculation, and people are vulnerable the most at their most vulnerable times...following the loss of a loved-one.

Expect the medium is going to suggest being strong and try to carry-on honoring his memory.

Your M-I-L is facing a new life on her own, there's comfort when one can be assured things will be fine...

I have suspicions there are individuals that hear the universe better than 'normal folk'. Those who obligingly share their 'gift' do what they do b/c the universe says to do so, for the sake of an individual.

Too many scam artists;

If she is paying for a universal service, she is being scammed, IMOHO.

edit on (7/1/1313 by loveguy because: omittance

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Your first mistake was believing that all "mediums" are con artists.

But you did intently ask for any one whom believes exactly as you already believe that they are fake which you haven't successfully received yet but what you did get was wishy washy half answers and the names of mediums whom have supposedly validated themselves. I'm sorry but you can't extract facts from were there are none and you cant call fowl on lack of information..The psychic world is as big a mystery as anything else, and you best at least respect it and do honest research with out already entrenched bias getting in the way, this sites here to open your mind not shut the mind of others.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MConnalley
Your first mistake was believing that all "mediums" are con artists.

But you did intently ask for any one whom believes exactly as you already believe that they are fake which you haven't successfully received yet but what you did get was wishy washy half answers and the names of mediums whom have supposedly validated themselves. I'm sorry but you can't extract facts from were there are none and you cant call fowl on lack of information..The psychic world is as big a mystery as anything else, and you best at least respect it and do honest research with out already entrenched bias getting in the way, this sites here to open your mind not shut the mind of others.

I think the fact that non mediums and people who don't claim psychic ability, can replicate the results of such cast doubt on such abilities. Whether all mediums are dishonest is another question tho, i guess some could be cold reading subconsciously.

cold reading en.wikipedia.org...

Former New Age practitioner Karla McLaren has spoken about developing a system of cold reading without realising, saying in a 2004 interview that "I didn't understand that I had long used a form of cold reading in my own work! I was never taught cold reading and I never intended to defraud anyone; I simply picked up the technique through cultural osmosis."

edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

If she is paying for a universal service, she is being scammed, IMOHO.

Got to agree, it would be a bit like Jesus charging for miracles. On a side not notice that all pay for psycic and thos on tv carry a disclaimer stating that such is entertainment only
edit on 1-7-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I agree with the poster that not all mediums are con-artist. There is a small percentage of mediums that are the real deal, they are usually the people that don't charge you their services (might take donations though). Either way some of these con-artist mediums are excellent "cold readers". They are masters of not just playing the part but observation too. So yes they pray on the innocent, hurt, gullible especially after a person's love one passes on. Some people would like to believe in anything or try anything to hold onto that person.

The more vague the mediums answers are the more I think they probably con-artist. Now if the medium can start spouting names, accurate descriptions of people, places, specific events and details about that event, etc without the visitor not saying anything. That might pull more some credit to them.

You wanna see a good cold reader that is fake, go look at john edwards and silvia brown do reading, they are great cold readers. And that's the cream of the crop fake.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join